Music Debate: Outkast - Speakerboxxx vs. The Love Below: WHICH WAS A BETTER ALBUM???

Which was the BETTER ALBUM???

• Total voters

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Without reading any prev responses or falling into an echo chamber I gotta say I was real basic and fawned all over The Love Below for months when this came out. It wasn't until like a year later that I showed SperkerBoxx the love it deserved. Amazing double album, probably one of the best ever :cool:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

OutKast Announce 20th Anniversary Stankonia Reissue
Celebrating a classic with previously unreleased remixes
By Allison Hussey
October 8, 2020
OutKast’s Big Boi and André 3000, photo by Michael Lavine

OutKast’s Stankonia is getting the reissue treatment to mark the record’s 20th anniversary this fall. On Friday, October 30, the record will be updated on streaming platforms with previously unreleased remixes. Vinyl Me, Please will also release a new 2xLP version of the album on black and white galaxy vinyl to subscribers.
Following the creative achievement of OutKast’s third album Aquemini, Stankonia helped the duo crack into mainstream success with singles like “Miss Jackson,” “So Fresh, So Clean,” and “B.O.B.,” which all went platinum. OutKast won honors for Best Rap Album and Best Rap Performance By a Duo or Group at the 2002 Grammy Awards. The record was also up for Album of the Year, but it lost to the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack.
Read Pitchfork’s Sunday Review of OutKast’s Stankonia.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Lurk Diggler

Rising Star
Registered
Idk I alway end up playing them both like asking if I like ass or tiddies when a chick naked... I’m fuckin with BOTH

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
This was their worst album and their last real album idlewild dont count.this album was a bad experiment although it had some tracks on it that stand out. They haven't done much together as a group since then except a couple of singles . they should get together one last time a d drop an album befkre they hit 50. If busta still dropping" heat , red and meth was still making music then why cant they? Btw speakerboxx was better than the love below.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
This was their worst album and their last real album idlewild dont count.this album was a bad experiment although it had some tracks on it that stand out. They haven't done much together as a group since then except a couple of singles . they should get together one last time a d drop an album befkre they hit 50. If busta still dropping" heat , red and meth was still making music then why cant they? Btw speakerboxx was better than the love below.
You thought this was their worst album??? Cot Damn!! Now I have heard it all.
ScientificDelectableCoati-size_restricted.gif

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Out of 5 albums yes
I assume you are not including Idlewild, which was an album that went Platinum. I thought the music for the movie was very underrated. They should have released the Idlewild version of She Lives in My Lap. I have this song as a regular part of my playlist.

First, I do not think any of the albums are trash. But in reality, Stankonia would arguably be last on the list. It had a few standouts, but it doesn't hold up like the others. Here are my thoughts, but not rankings.
  • Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik - 100% Classic album - Changed the game regarding how southern music was viewed
  • ATLiens - 100% Classic album - One of the best 2nd albums ever created
  • Aquemini - Liberation (My favorite Outkast songs)
  • Stankonia - Outkast most commericial album
  • Speakerboxxx/The Love Below - Too many classics - Reset (Arguably the best verse Cee-Lo ever recorded)

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I assume you are not including Idlewild, which was an album that went Platinum. I thought the music for the movie was very underrated. They should have released the Idlewild version of She Lives in My Lap. I have this song as a regular part of my playlist.

First, I do not think any of the albums are trash. But in reality, Stankonia would arguably be last on the list. It had a few standouts, but it doesn't hold up like the others. Here are my thoughts, but not rankings.
  • Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik - 100% Classic album - Changed the game regarding how southern music was viewed
  • ATLiens - 100% Classic album - One of the best 2nd albums ever created
  • Aquemini - Liberation (My favorite Outkast songs)
  • Stankonia - Outkast most commericial album
  • Speakerboxxx/The Love Below - Too many classics - Reset (Arguably the best verse Cee-Lo ever recorded)

Thats what I said in my first post . i don't count idlewild as an album its more of a soundtrack. A lot oc the songs like chronometrophobia are too shirt. What i mean to say speakerboxx love below is the weakes not the worst saying jts the qorst is too harsh its a good album but I'm not filling the concept of putting two solo albums into one cd. I like speaker box more because it havs more rap. The love below was kind of weird but 8t has stand out songs like roses, she lives in my lap,spread,

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
proof that your boy Bo maybe just a little slow

You KNOW how Bo get about the Southern rap PLUS OUTKAST...

To be fair to him I remember when this song ACTUALLY dropped

And I remember a thread on here that was a huge debate about how the public ACTUALLY reacted when it dropped.

It was VERY INTERESTING.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
far from everyone... my corner of Queens rocked with it off the rip (many were first put on by Uncle Ralph)

I WISH there was a way to access these files but I SWEAR when it dropped on the radio on Hot 97?

There was more CONFUSION from the audience than live but after it EXPLODED.

but maybe I am remembering wrong.