Music Debate: Who do you think can be the NEW King of Brooklyn?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/198068760&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>​

:dance:

J.E.T.S

Rising Star
Registered
Re: Who do you think can be the NEW King of Brooklyn?

NY niggas got too many big words and lyrics in their rhymes. Like listening to Websters Dictionary flowing.

I vote Fab. Papoose went off on that Alphabet joint though. I like that joint with Ice T too.

Jim Jones. My dude. :dance:

Sent from Clayton County Department of Corrections using Pay Phone

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
this

even i though I like some of joey's stuff. he's young and still improving

Nobody plays Kendrick music over here so stop it

I like what he's doing n think he has skills but I haven't heard a single dude who bumps his music n this from somebody who thinks he had one of the best verses of all times on that track with Pusha T

I do know this chick who would listen to him but she didn't even know what he looked like cause she downloaded his music I had to show

The radio didn't play his singles off his 2nd album n his pop up album is nonexistent over here, besides Swimming Pools, he never been played at not one bar or club I've ever been at in NJ or nyc

Schoolboy Q had 2 joints always played tho

John Million

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nobody plays Kendrick music over here so stop it

I like what he's doing n think he has skills but I haven't heard a single dude who bumps his music n this from somebody who thinks he had one of the best verses of all times on that track with Pusha T

I do know this chick who would listen to him but she didn't even know what he looked like cause she downloaded his music I had to show

The radio didn't play his singles off his 2nd album n his pop up album is nonexistent over here, besides Swimming Pools, he never been played at not one bar or club I've ever been at in NJ or nyc

Schoolboy Q had 2 joints always played tho

i never based my validation of an artist by knowing who bumps his music or how popular it is in clubs.
Yes, he may not have a lot of radio play on the east but his shit is classic innovative stuff i'll be listening to 10 years from now

Point me to someone doing it better the last 5-7 years in rap..

Schoolboy is tight also, as the rest of tde is

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jay Z is the most successful ever out of Brooklyn.

Gza best lyricist/best vocab to ever come out of Brooklyn.

Papoose/AZ are the most underrated ever out of Brooklyn.

Fab is the king now.

Joell Ortiz is the last hope, should be the future King..

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i never based my validation of an artist by knowing who bumps his music or how popular it is in clubs.
Yes, he may not have a lot of radio play on the east but his shit is classic innovative stuff i'll be listening to 10 years from now

Point me to someone doing it better the last 5-7 years in rap..

Schoolboy is tight also, as the rest of tde is
Can't call somebody the king of somewhere his music not even played at

Call his music classic ok that's on u but i believe as a whole it's boring ass hell

Love his features tho

Blacker The Berry was n is genius

John Million

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can't call somebody the king of somewhere his music not even played at

Call his music classic ok that's on u but i believe as a whole it's boring ass hell

Love his features tho

Blacker The Berry was n is genius

who do you like better?
who isn't boring in your opinion?
I'm open to checking something new out. If there is someone better than KL right now, please let me know. Its why I always ask this especially when someone has a problem with a great artist like Kendrick.

As far as "Can't call somebody the king of somewhere his music not even played at", well its tough to quantify that statement. I'm calling him the king of Everywhere because no one is even close to his level right now. Its not about popularity/record spins because we know that stuff is paid for. You may never hear his record played but the next guy may hear it all the time. Now that streams are counted as a part of album sales that would be a way to partially quantify it. KL's last album untitled sold 142K first week, 178k counting streams. Somebody is playing it.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Jay Z is the most successful ever out of Brooklyn.

Gza best lyricist/best vocab to ever come out of Brooklyn.

Papoose/AZ are the most underrated ever out of Brooklyn.

Joell Ortiz is the last hope, should be the future King..

AZ is the most underrated rapper of all time. His lyrics get me in some kinda higher mind elevation zone.

As for Joell, i'd love to see him wear that crown. He and Fab should get on something together if they haven't already.

Last edited: