Music News: Damn Homie!!! 50 Cent LEAVES/DROPPED by Interscope/Shady/Aftermath

Will 50 Cent ever be a top-selling MUSIC superstar again?

• Yes

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 169 88.5%

• Total voters

Blu Diablo

Promoter of Common Sense
BGOL Investor
Distribution deal, global (vs US) market, and control over his material, and the label?

Fif wins, and not just wins, but wins BIG.

Ya'll dudes thinking in terms of domestic market artist and missing the entire picture.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
12-years-a-slave.jpg

Some of these clothes aren't bad.......Chiwetel's shirt isn't bad for the summer...:yes::yes:

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
Dude better make peace with Game or Ja Rule to get any sort of buzz, because Buck and Fat Joe didn't do it.

Right now, 50 is just a good interview.

Interscope didn't even want to drop his last album and let him leave...that tells you something.

Remember the last album he's owed them the past three years

you're free to read into it anyway you'd like, he wasn't dropped, which is what I read in the title and called into question.

footluva

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everyone has their time and then its gone, it happens to most major artist who make it. Take another entertainer for instance, Kevin Hart is on fire right now but it will come to an end eventually. It happens! He invested well and is filthy rich, not all artist can say that.

Like biggie said get your money today because tomorrow they might not like you...or something like that lol

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Doesn't make a difference... 50 now isn't the same artist he was when he was "hungry". Now it's about how much more he can make, making music over nonsense and jibberish.

He'd be better off finding the next up-&-comer than to make music for sales sake.

Lapdanceking

Star
Registered
Power move,

what does he need a label for he has a video company, money and media outlets.

People still pay top dollar over sees to see him.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
he had his time, he got his money, let it go 50

Now this is just as stupid as folks saying that older rap artist like Jay should step aside and let the yungin make money. Why the fuck should he stop if he's making money.:confused:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Now this is just as stupid as folks saying that older rap artist like Jay should step aside and let the yungin make money. Why the fuck should he stop if he's making money.:confused:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

are you seriously comparing the career of Jay Z, who remains hot, and just sold a million before the shit came out, another million afterwards, doing the hottest tours , and still requested to be featured on the biggest records...

To a guy who hasn't released anything but free shit in years,can't even give those away, and who Schoolboy Q just decided not to put the record he's on, on his album?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dude is not Jay Z, stop it. He's over.

So Camron was right, and Ross killed his music career.:lol:

:yes::yes::yes::yes: hurts people to admit it, and I said it from the start.

And people thought I was crazy back then:lol::lol::lol::lol:

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor

Sure he's making money, some way. But he ain't dropped a hot cd n years. His music Ain't even been worth downloading

killa kadafi191

Support BGOL
Registered
* He may regret this incident even MORE now...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1DtTNKIBnjo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

:lol::lol::lol: funny how life is.

I read the title and thought of this interview. I remember he was shitting on artist who were signed to Koch or that were independent.

Funny how life is

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ross hasn't sold the same since his beef with.....so who really lost?

you have to be trolling sating some shit like that:lol:

2 MMG albums, 2 Wale albums, Meek Mill, 2 or 3 Rawse albums, a ton of features on French Montana, DJ Khaled, Jay Z, Drake,Kanye, Rocko, and a few other #1 selling singles, and you really think Ross went down during that whole fiasco?

He did nothing but PROSPER after that 50 cent shit:lol::lol::lol:

DigitalMethods

Star
Registered
That was his downfall. He caught a hot ass Rick Ross and never recovered

:rolleyes::rolleyes:.................:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: funny how life is.

I read the title and thought of this interview. I remember he was shitting on artist who were signed to Koch or that were independent.

Funny how life is
:lol:

Its funny but its a smart move to just go independent today.

Sure 50 has money but he obviously cares about his music career.

Some of you guys forget that music is art and is fun to do.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
his music career is over, starting beef with someone to sell records is played out and whack now. If it wasn't for that vitamin water deal he would probably be broke by now

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was his downfall. He caught a hot ass Rick Ross and never recovered

you have to be trolling sating some shit like that:lol:

2 MMG albums, 2 Wale albums, Meek Mill, 2 or 3 Rawse albums, a ton of features on French Montana, DJ Khaled, Jay Z, Drake,Kanye, Rocko, and a few other #1 selling singles, and you really think Ross went down during that whole fiasco?

He did nothing but PROSPER after that 50 cent shit:lol::lol::lol:

co-sign

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You really want to compare the rap career of 50 Cent to Jay Z?

Zyin

Rising Star
Registered
in this climate he will do gold
with this deal he might make platinum money going gold

flexxx71

Star
Registered
his name and brand is established(even tho its not what it use to be) so going independent is smart cause he don't have to sell a shit load of records to make bread, i think he been planning on this for yrs

true but he was getting on other folks for going independent..... The truth is numbers don't lie. A rappers career is about as long as a basketball player expespecially on a large label.

No one wants to here a 50 year old rapper. Nas and Jay are holding on...

50 is good. He made money rapper. His shit is basically done.

Troy Ave is going to take his spot. LOL

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Interscope is still good enough for Dre, Em, Kendrick, and lots of other A listers. When you're no longer an A lister, no reason to be there. I get it Fif.

JMillion

Star
Registered
he makes his money elsewhere. He been trying to get away from Interscope for awhile anyway. He been trying to release tracks and albums and wouldnt go anywhere. Indie is better,and he can easily fund his own projects with the cash he has