Music News: Damn Homie!!! 50 Cent LEAVES/DROPPED by Interscope/Shady/Aftermath

Will 50 Cent ever be a top-selling MUSIC superstar again?

• Yes

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 169 88.5%

• Total voters

bigdicdaddy

Rising Star
Registered
i dont wanna sound like a fanboy so Ima just say this and leave..

If you want to compare MMG and G-Unit as a collective thats cool. But look up the stats you will be surprise what you find.

THe one thing I can't stand about bgol -if I don't see your pov or agree with u or like your taste in music etc . "I'm a Stan or fanboy "-yet ppl will gloss over facts and discredit achievements

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
THe one thing I can't stand about bgol -if I don't see your pov or agree with u or like your taste in music etc . "I'm a Stan or fanboy "-yet ppl will gloss over facts and discredit achievements

true dat

im just saying all aint what it seems man im neither a stan or a hater to 50 or Ross

but that new joint 50 g0t 0ut "the funeral" goes in!

nu_work

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Facts..Meek Mill to date is only @ 300K albums sold = flop
Tony Yayo's 1st Album sold 800K G-Unit boss 50 Cent was granted his own record label, "G-Unit Records" by Interscope after releasing his debut album Get Rich or Die Tryin'. Soon after the group had established their own record label, G-Unit Records, G-Unit released their first official group album Beg for Mercy in November 2003, which went on to be certified 2x Platinum in the United States of America.[2][3] The album was released whilst Tony Yayo was in prison serving time, but Yayo still featured on the album. The second G-Unit album T.O.S: Terminate on Sight was released in July, 2008 and went on to sell 102,000 copies in the first week,[4] and later going Gold shipping nearly 700,000 copies

I believe 50 going independent was a major power move..cut the middle man out...Ex. Macklemore indepent net worth 16M...4 Grammys..Fuck the majors

I like all their music no hate just Facts

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-to-release-new-album-on-indie-label-20140220

Last edited:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
i dont wanna sound like a fanboy so Ima just say this and leave..

If you want to compare MMG and G-Unit as a collective thats cool. But look up the stats you will be surprise what you find.

One important stat is that mmg actually exists right now and g unit doesn't. Ask any of those g unit artists if they'd rather be on a label that could release an album THIS YEAR or if they'd rather just live off past glory. Lloyd Banks would prolly give his right arm to be on MMG right now if it didn't make him look disloyal

Last edited:

DigitalMethods

Star
Registered
You're too emotional to be objective about this. You've never accepted that dude is just not on top anymore and you're still making things up to make your points lol.

:lol::lol::lol:

Lol sorry but when you say shit like "Ross has to work too hard, that's why he got sick" and "Meek mill flopped" what am I supposed to do but laugh?

One of these guys is all over the radio and has been for the last few years, and one of them used to be.

One of em has a label with several artists, and one used to.

You can keep talking history all ya want

Smh.

After all these years, still clinging to that hope huh?

Wow. You're loyal if nothing else.

the thing bout the ross beef is when that popped off the album ross dropped was fire, that helped him win the beef

Not a fan of his but that's true, that's when he had nice soulful tracks.
agree'd

he in that ja-rule space now.

ja-rule.png

Facts..Meek Mill to date is only @ 300K albums sold = flop
Tony Yayo's 1st Album sold 800K G-Unit boss 50 Cent was granted his own record label, "G-Unit Records" by Interscope after releasing his debut album Get Rich or Die Tryin'. Soon after the group had established their own record label, G-Unit Records, G-Unit released their first official group album Beg for Mercy in November 2003, which went on to be certified 2x Platinum in the United States of America.[2][3] The album was released whilst Tony Yayo was in prison serving time, but Yayo still featured on the album. The second G-Unit album T.O.S: Terminate on Sight was released in July, 2008 and went on to sell 102,000 copies in the first week,[4] and later going Gold shipping nearly 700,000 copies

I believe 50 going independent was a major power move..cut the middle man out...Ex. Macklemore indepent net worth 16M...4 Grammys..Fuck the majors

I like all their music no hate just Facts

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-to-release-new-album-on-indie-label-20140220

What you're saying is true but those are two different times, when Yayo came out in 2005 his crew was hot and records were still selling alot of units. Plus Yayo's album wasn't considered a success at that time with those numbers bro! #fact

With the hype Meek had he was supposed to at least go Gold, but he didn't.

DeadGiveAway

Support BGOL
Registered
Thoughts of a Predicate Felon is the commercial debut album by G-Unit rapper Tony Yayo. It debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200, and sold about 214,000 copies in the first week of release. The album has sold over 1,000,300 copies so far.-- besides this everything else u said was pretty much on point

He never went Gold, look at his Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoughts_of_a_Predicate_Felon

Now search it in RIAA and see what you find:
http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=SEARCH

bigdicdaddy

Rising Star
Registered
One important stat is that mmh actually exists right now and g unit doesn't. Ask any of those g unit artists if they'd rather be on a label that could release an album THIS YEAR or if they'd rather just live off past glory. Lloyd Banks would prolly give his right arm to be on MMG right now if it didn't make him look disloyal

How's that Stanley gunplay meek Omarion triple c/mmg album doing ? When mastermind coming out again - mmg ain't doing shit - just because u have 2-3 song on rotation doesn't mean your on top of the world - and I fuck wit Ross music but ppl need to stop acting like he's making Boss moves with mmg - shit nelly, 3 stacks, Wayne exist. But are they winning ? They all went multi platinum - mmg best bet is wale - and watch he leave soon

Last edited:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Lol they dont have any gunit albums let alone grodt. So that a fail - jayz not even on that list

lloyd banks aint on there too and everybody knows he went plat and i dont even like his music. the same for young buck. i stopped replying to him when he said yayo never went gold. when you drop facts they say stan. if you gone use wiki use it good.

Tony Yayo – Thoughts of a Predicate Felon

Released: August 30, 2005
U.S. Sales: 965,000+
RIAA Certification: Gold
Singles: "So Seductive", "Curious", "I Know You Don't Love Me",
US Billboard 200: #2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Unit_Records

flexxx71

Star
Registered
:yes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

50's problem was/is....Out the gate with his official debut album he sold an overwhelming amount of records and after you do something like that there's no where else to go but DOWN music career wise. It's truly lonely at the top.

Take a look at artists like Jay-Z, Fat Joe, Rick Ross and any of his past enemies, they were never huge sellers like 50's first two albums, therefore they had room to climb and build onto their fan bases throughout their career's.

50 sold like 14 million with "Get Rich" and 9 million with The Mass", where else could he had gone its not like he was going to keep climbing up! So there you go, everyone has their time to shine when they are hot.

With Rick Ross, 50 gave him alot of shine and he actually became more popular and a better artist.

To be honest i rather have the career of a Rick Ross and stay right in the middle sales wise than come out the gate and do 14 million records, you crash and burn after that in most cases. Even though we all know Ross wants to be as big as Jay'z and other superstars he's better off where he is judging how most huge artists die out before our eyes, 50 is experiencing this right now.

I agree. The problem is 50 talk sooooo much shit. Telling peoples numbers. How he could stop this or that from coming out. He just talked mad shit like the shit would not happen to him.

Perfect example, saying Koch was a graveyard and now he's on a indie. Huh????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
How's that Stanley gunplay meek Omarion triple c/mmg album doing ? When mastermind coming out again - mmg ain't doing shit - just because u have 2-3 song on rotation doesn't mean your on top of the world - and I fuck wit Ross music but ppl need to stop acting like he's making Boss moves with mmg - shit nelly, 3 stacks, Wayne exist. But are they winning ? They all went multi platinum - mmg best bet is wale - and watch he leave soon

Yes, must suck to be on MMG.

That next G unit compilation is gonna kill em when it comes out.

If having 2-3 songs in rotation doesn't mean shit, imagine what having ZERO songs in rotation means lol

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I agree. The problem is 50 talk sooooo much shit. Telling peoples numbers. How he could stop this or that from coming out. He just talked mad shit like the shit would not happen to him.

Perfect example, saying Koch was a graveyard and now he's on a indie. Huh????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

this is true too. he brought that whole numbers and sales in the game.

bigdicdaddy

Rising Star
Registered
Yes, must suck to be on MMG.

That next G unit compilation is gonna kill em when it comes out.

If having 2-3 songs in rotation doesn't mean shit, imagine what having ZERO songs in rotation means lol

Missing my point nobody checking for gunit compilation like noones checking for mmg complication 2-3 feat songs don't equate to shit chief keef Trinidad James have songs on rotation I guess they winning too? -- shit is not even an argument no one said 50 on top but I can imagine his power moves got him kn a better position than the alternative

DeadGiveAway

Support BGOL
Registered
lloyd banks aint on there too and everybody knows he went plat and i dont even like his music. the same for young buck. i stopped replying to him when he said yayo never went gold. when you drop facts they say stan. if you gone use wiki use it good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Unit_Records

Stanley look up 'Lloyd Banks' and you'll find him:

Tony Yayo is RIAA Certified Gold, but yet he's unfound on the website, the power of editing Wiki Pages GTFOH :roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

bigdicdaddy

Rising Star
Registered
Stanley look up 'Lloyd Banks' and you'll find him, Tony Yayo is RIAA Certified Gold, but yet he's unfound on the website, the power of editing Wiki Pages GTFOH :roflmao::roflmao:

Ok that was funny -- I can't front -- banks got that vado syndrome nice with the words but repetitive with the flow / sound

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Missing my point nobody checking for gunit compilation like noones checking for mmg complication 2-3 feat songs don't equate to shit chief keef Trinidad James have songs on rotation I guess they winning too? -- shit is not even an argument no one said 50 on top but I can imagine his power moves got him kn a better position than the alternative

I'm not missing your point. You don't like Rick Ross and you're trying to make it seem like the labels a fail lol.

If that label ain't doing well then not one rap label is

And the point you're missing that I'm making is Ross has a label and 50 doesn't.

All you can resort to in response is some shit dude had more than 5 years ago.

Well guess what? That money is spent lol.

bigdicdaddy

Rising Star
Registered
I'm not missing your point. You don't like Rick Ross and you're trying to make it seem like the labels a fail lol.

If that label ain't doing well then not one rap label is

And the point you're missing that I'm making is Ross has a label and 50 doesn't.

All you can resort to in response is some shit dude had more than 5 years ago.

Well guess what? That money is spent lol.

Your obviously not reading what I said - multiple time I said I fuck wit Ross - shit for the fact he Haitian alone I give him a pass for the cb4 shit but he picks nice beats and has a nice flow and word play - but I don't by the boss image- also I only shit on mmg when ppl say gunit was a fail even though they sold double what mmg did - also having a label doesn't mean shit if only one artist is really selling ymcmb got like 20 artist only 3 sells

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

are you seriously comparing the career of Jay Z, who remains hot, and just sold a million before the shit came out, another million afterwards, doing the hottest tours , and still requested to be featured on the biggest records...

To a guy who hasn't released anything but free shit in years,can't even give those away, and who Schoolboy Q just decided not to put the record he's on, on his album?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dude is not Jay Z, stop it. He's over.

:yes::yes::yes::yes: hurts people to admit it, and I said it from the start.

And people thought I was crazy back then:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I see comprehension is not your thing.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Your obviously not reading what I said - multiple time I said I fuck wit Ross - shit for the fact he Haitian alone I give him a pass for the cb4 shit but he picks nice beats and has a nice flow and word play - but I don't by the boss image- also I only shit on mmg when ppl say gunit was a fail even though they sold double what mmg did - also having a label doesn't mean shit if only one artist is really selling ymcmb got like 20 artist only 3 sells

Lmao that's what happens with ALL labels. There has never been a label that had every artist selling.

If you know 2 artists on a label, that label is winning

We're not on here talking about who buys Ross' image or not.

All I'm saying is he has a successful music career RIGHT NOW as a solo artist and he has a label with artists on it who have hits and are selling, touring, working RIGHT NOW.

The other guy just doesn't. Yes, he did well some years ago but he doesn't RIGHT NOW.

They bumped heads when 50 cent was hot and Rick Ross was coming up. Since then 50 disappeared from the music game and lost his label. And now even as a solo artist he's had to rearrange his model and downsize which is what this post is about. Like he said back in the day, the label will not be spending marketing dollars on him, he will. By HIS standards, that's whack. That's the criteria HE set, so that's how I'm judging him.

Ross on the other hand, look at all the top 10 hits he's either had or been a part of since then. Be real with yourselves. Look at how many records he's put out and how they're basically playing everywhere RIGHT NOW.

50 only plays when they do the old school flashback hour.

You can't tell me he's happy w that as competitive as he professes himself to be. It's his own words in judging him by.

bigdicdaddy

Rising Star
Registered
Lmao that's what happens with ALL labels. There has never been a label that had every artist selling.

If you know 2 artists on a label, that label is winning

We're not on here talking about who buys Ross' image or not.

All I'm saying is he has a successful music career RIGHT NOW as a solo artist and he has a label with artists on it who have hits and are selling, touring, working RIGHT NOW.

The other guy just doesn't. Yes, he did well some years ago but he doesn't RIGHT NOW.

They bumped heads when 50 cent was hot and Rick Ross was coming up. Since then 50 disappeared from the music game and lost his label. And now even as a solo artist he's had to rearrange his model and downsize which is what this post is about. Like he said back in the day, the label will not be spending marketing dollars on him, he will. By HIS standards, that's whack. That's the criteria HE set, so that's how I'm judging him.

Ross on the other hand, look at all the top 10 hits he's either had or been a part of since then. Be real with yourselves. Look at how many records he's put out and how they're basically playing everywhere RIGHT NOW.

50 only plays when they do the old school flashback hour.

You can't tell me he's happy w that as competitive as he professes himself to be. It's his own words in judging him by.

No question Ross is doing better musically that's not even up for debate -- 100x better -overall 50 is doing better as a Buisness man- wale and Ross are the only ones selling or charting but If we're only talking about music - right now - Ross doing very well he still haven't touched gunit numbers ( overall label wise )I understand it's a different time - and your right knowing how competitive 50 is , past success don't mean shit, I'm sure he wishes he was still getting spins or even respect - but let's not act like dude turned hermit - he amassed close to diddy"s and jayz's fortune in less time - he's not selling liq like everybody dude was selling water -dude had a fitness book motivation books - feeding kids etc from a street dude I think he's a good inspiration or role model

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
No question Ross is doing better musically that's not even up for debate -- 100x better -overall 50 is doing better as a Buisness man- wale and Ross are the only ones selling or charting but If we're only talking about music - right now - Ross doing very well he still haven't touched gunit numbers ( overall label wise )I understand it's a different time - and your right knowing how competitive 50 is , past success don't mean shit, I'm sure he wishes he was still getting spins or even respect - but let's not act like dude turned hermit - he amassed close to diddy"s and jayz's fortune in less time - he's not selling liq like everybody dude was selling water -dude had a fitness book motivation books - feeding kids etc from a street dude I think he's a good inspiration or role model

Lmao well at least we agree in the first point. I'm not interested in debating the other part.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I would but than I'd be labeled a Stan - schoolboy q was on power today they ask anybody in the game he instantly got starstruck by guess who he said ? I know u Didn't say cam buried 50 - you sound like u need one of them capes cam pushing cause he ain't push shit since " Curtis" - what is a dip. Set ? Just playing devils advocate

??????

Cam buried 50

no way around it breh

it was a hot summer.

and once again schoolboy q said no faggits on my album.

this is the hottest album to come out in a minute and 50 cent isn't on it.

bigdicdaddy

Rising Star
Registered
So why he " dickriding " 50 on power bfc this morning ? - that's crazy cause 50 wasn't on a lot of albums - and a lot of ppl aren't on oxymoron I guess that makes 50 the " faggot " in the game? Pure logic - what has cam done since he was on the roc ? Oh yea came out with some socks and a cape line and lost his one lyrical artist ( vado) and where is dipset? If gunit is a so called flop now then what exactly is dipset ? Jr rider 40 cal jimmy maxb Julez hellrell shist bub- and I fucks with all them

vandamation

Rising Star
Registered
??????

Cam buried 50

no way around it breh

it was a hot summer.

and once again schoolboy q said no faggits on my album.

this is the hottest album to come out in a minute and 50 cent isn't on it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You mad 'cause 50 broke up Dip-Set...:lol2:

" From now on... Jimmy's the boss of Dip-Set... and Juelz is the capo... Cam's denoted to soldier."

bigdicdaddy

Rising Star
Registered
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You mad 'cause 50 broke up Dip-Set...:lol2:

" From now on... Jimmy's the boss of Dip-Set... and Juelz is the capo... Cam's denoted to soldier."

Word cam had nothing to do with the debate - I can't front that lil beef was funny niggaz pulled out the Rucker track footage - nigga was going for the hurdles and 100 yard dash gold medals at the same damn time -then cam was like "make sure you get the pool "

Last edited:

dooinit

Support BGOL
Registered
:lol: @ "power move"

This is like Will Smith falling off and producing his own low budget straight to dvd flicks. Would yall still think thats a "power move"?

Shit, this is like when A.I. couldn't get a NBA contract and played in China.

Damn homie :smh:

Curtis been had this coming.

UptempoDro

I respond via .gifs =)
OG Investor
Celebrity status as a rapper is pretty much a cycle.. it comes and it goes. Someone else comes and the cycle repeats. Never been a fan of 50 and g Unit but they had a good run. Ross is having one now but at some point someone will take his place.

I think its silly to compare CD sales though especially when overall sales consistently drop.The same album released in 01-02 would sell half of what it sold today.