NBA Offseason 2016 - FreeAgency money dried up...Waiters gets $2.6 after OKC pulled $6+ offer...

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Damn shame... Butler wanted the team...

The plan was to get rid of him as well. But they were asking for more than teams wanted to give.
Theyre literally tryna start from scratch. OBVIOUSLY. Which is interesting because Gar and Pax been at it for 7 years?

The fact that Bulls owners may give them another 3-4 years to get it right is interesting/scary. To their credit....they did Hire Tom, Draft Rose, sign a lot of serviceable players... etc. But they couldnt manage what they created.

The money is there to spend and they have to spend at least 90%

Well theyll probably throw an extension at Rose before next season. If he stays healthy.
Add on another 20 Mill...

Last edited:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why not go after a difference maker for that type of bread? Phil has been ass as a GM and gets a pass because he has rings... If they flame out next season he for damn sure should be cleaning out his desk...
There are no difference makers that want to go to ny though...but definitely not giving Noah max anything

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
GS just needs an upgrade over Barnes to me and then fill out their bench..if they can do that they will be more than fine..

Barnes wasn't they're biggest problem....

* The teams that probably was the biggest threat to them losing actually we're able to play them.

* other teams health wasn't a problem

* the glitch in the matrix started wearing off

* Cavs stopped being scared of them

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

* The teams that probably was the biggest threat to them losing actually we're able to play them.

What's that?

Green being suspended?
and Bogut getting hurt?

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The Draymond Green suspension and Bogut injury. Still The Cavs won the series so it is a moot point. They choked.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
What's that?

Green being suspended?
and Bogut getting hurt?

right. people want to make up a million reasons as to why they lost. bogut being hurt and green getting suspended set everything in motion and as shitty as they played...and we know they can play way better...as shitty as they played. 4 points.
that's it.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
What's that?

Green being suspended?
and Bogut getting hurt?

I just thought the overall sloppy play was the bigger problem.
Man that shit we saw in game 1, had me fucking worried it was gonna be over in 5....that's real talk

Bogus wasn't that much of a big deal to me....
Green missing a game, hurt the warriors but we ain't gonna get deep into that one...

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
"word" is KD is staying in OKC...most $$$ + OKC still has a very reasonable shot @ dethroning GS as WC champs

Report: Kevin Durant's friend says his decision is '90 percent made'

Doing his due diligence, Kevin Durant will be meeting with six teams at the start of free agency. But according to Durant's friends, those meetings are mainly perfunctory as the Thunder All-Star has basically already made up his mind and will remain in Oklahoma City...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-kevin-durants-friend-says-his-decision-is-90-percent-made/

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
He's not signing a long term deal so how much more can okc offer on a 1+1 contract?curious..

says who? I know LBJ likes to jump in and out of contracts to get max deals...but I remember someone posting KD doesn't like to "abuse" (their word not mine) contract negotiations like that so who knows

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
says who? I know LBJ likes to jump in and out of contracts to get max deals...but I remember someone posting KD doesn't like to "abuse" (their word not mine) contract negotiations like that so who knows

idk either way it would seem like it would make the most sense to sign it with okc and then be a free agent with westbrook next year.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I agree...I can't tell w/ durant tho...seems to be more of a company man type
id lean that way too however he wouldn't even be a free agent if that was such, last time he didn't go to free agency he signed that extension before it was even possible.

so we'll see.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why would he sign a long term deal with okc and not have assurances russ is staying? That wouldn't make any sense..he's not staying in OKC if russ doesn't stay..

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Why would he sign a long term deal with okc and not have assurances russ is staying? That wouldn't make any sense..he's not staying in OKC if russ doesn't stay..

see LBOP's last 3 words above...I'm just dropping what I come across not realistically tryna debate what's going on in his head

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree...I can't tell w/ durant tho...seems to be more of a company man type
It's all types of weird info out there..like if it's a done deal and he's returning to okc,why are they trying to meet with him after everyone else has?they already meeting with him today so if he's staying for sure why do they need a 2nd meet? Not making sense

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I just thought the overall sloppy play was the bigger problem.
Man that shit we saw in game 1, had me fucking worried it was gonna be over in 5....that's real talk

Bogus wasn't that much of a big deal to me....
Green missing a game, hurt the warriors but we ain't gonna get deep into that one...

No, he was, because he was their only rim protector. It caused them to have to play Ezeli and Carrot Top who brought nothing.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
It's all types of weird info out there..like if it's a done deal and he's returning to okc,why are they trying to meet with him after everyone else has?they already meeting with him today so if he's staying for sure why do they need a 2nd meet? Not making sense

wants to see what it feels like to be courted...who knows? :dunno:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Word on street Pau and Warriors a done deal
Damn. That'd be nice!!

VLMNAr.png

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wants to see what it feels like to be courted...who knows? :dunno:
I'm not talking about his perspective I'm talking about there's..if they were that confident to where they were 90% sure then they wouldn't need a 2nd meet..maybe all this is for not though..who knows

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor

You saw that shit that happened last summer with Deandre Jordan, right?

A deal ain't done until the ink dries. Teams can't actually sign players until next week when the moratorium is over.

DJ was all set to go to Dallas, nigga was chillin' and clubbing with Mark Cuban and Chandler Parsons and everything Fourth of July weekend. And then the Clips went to go see him, literally held him hostage on the night before signing day and convinced him to come back to LA and had him sign the contract at midnight. They didn't even let Cuban holla at him.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I was watching or listening to something and they said all of this KD is doing could be really for next year. After he finds out what the team does and if Russ is staying.

Reactions: LSN

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
8:30 p.m.

• The Pistons, Wizards, Bulls, Lakers and Mavericks are interected in Trail Blazers restricted free agent Moe Harkless, reports Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders.

• The Mavericks have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Hassan Whiteside, while the Heat have lost ground, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of the Vertical.

6:30 p.m.

• There is “no chance” Chandler Parsons re-signs with the Mavericks, reports Tim MacMahon of ESPN. He will meet with the Trail Blazers and Damian Lillard when free agency opens.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You saw that shit that happened last summer with Deandre Jordan, right?

A deal ain't done until the ink dries. Teams can't actually sign players until next week when the moratorium is over.

DJ was all set to go to Dallas, nigga was chillin' and clubbing with Mark Cuban and Chandler Parsons and everything Fourth of July weekend. And then the Clips went to go see him, literally held him hostage on the night before signing day and convinced him to come back to LA and had him sign the contract at midnight. They didn't even let Cuban holla at him.
True