Netflix: Beverly Hills Cop 4 - Axel F Adds Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Taylour Paige w/ Eddie Murphy

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Beverly-Hills-Cop-Axel-F-050324-4-5a811239861644d5b319bd7bf4a4c113.jpg

Bawse Nigguh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not mad at it. Close as they could get it to a modern 80's action movie. Kinda wish I could see it in the theater.
I don’t think they are confident in Eddie Murphy‘s box office draw like they once were that’s why his last few movies either went to Netflix or Amazon

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fun Foley

PRAISE : 30 years after........(WOW 30 YEARS !!!!) the last BHC of course there have been major changes in Axel Foley's life and those changes are complicated with a lot of strings attached as Foley returns to Beverly Hills after his daughter's life's threatened
Murphys pairing with Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a good one especially in an action sequence which made me laugh several times. As Captain Cade Grant Kevin Bacon chews up some scenery and is in one mode but i actually found him amusing especially when he got into complaining monologues several times. I thought Taylour Paige did well as his daughter Jane.
The movie is filled to the brim with fun BHC nostalgia and call backs. It was fun to see the characters of Foley Billy Rosewood (Judge Reinhold) and John Taggart (John Ashton) still in contact and circling each other.
Murphy still has it and of course he slips right back into Foley's Detroit Lion's jacket with ease,with the mannerisms,perceptiveness and snark intact. The production value of the movie is great and i can tell Netflix definitely didnt cut back in that area. While the callbacks are fun i was glad the movie didnt rely on them.

PROBLEMS:When the trailer dropped for this movie i knew who the villain would be so nothing shocking there. There is some old hat estranged parent story threads that hit the repetitive button to many times. There are definitely some predictable moments. The why dont you retire,im to old for this sh** threads felt a bit overdone and also repetitive.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½