Netflix: Beverly Hills Cop 4 - Axel F Adds Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Taylour Paige w/ Eddie Murphy

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm glad the original production team is back but the biggest problem with BHC 4 is the same as Cop 3.....its too self aware and too self reverential.

Reusing the same music from the BHC 2 is wince-inducing. What made Cop 1 and 2 great was they were just telling a story... Cop 4 feels like the makers were checking off all the tropes and bits that made Cop 1 and 2 classics but everyone is old and wrinkly now. Maybe we dont need to see Taggart and Rosewood or Serge? Maybe some ORIGINAL MUSIC would be a better choice? You know in 1986 when Axel wore his detriot clothes it was just something the character wore because he's from detriot. Since Cop 2 the SAME CLOTHES now feel like a costume. Like even Axel wouldn't recognize himself if he was in different gear. this flick is a step up from Cop 3 but on its own...:dunno::dunno::sad:

Last edited:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So it’s a recommend?
Definitely!

I enjoyed the second half of the movie more than the first.

They did a little too much of the father trying to win the affection of his daughter thing. That banter was getting old.

When the action started to heat up, a lot of old Eddie cracking one liners came in and I had few good laughs.

That valet scene was hilarious!

I give it a 7/10. Fun watch for sure. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than that shit show BHC #3.

Last edited:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm glad the original production team is back but the biggest problem with BHC 4 is the same as Cop 3.....its too self aware and too self reverential.

Reusing the same music from the BHC 2 is wince-inducing. What made Cop 1 and 2 great was they were just telling a story... Cop 4 feels like the makers were checking off all the tropes and bits that made Cop 1 and 2 classics but everyone is old and wrinkly now. Maybe we dont need to see Bogomil and Rosewood or Serge? Maybe some ORIGINAL MUSIC would be a better choice? You know in 1986 when Axel wore his detriot clothes it was just something the character wore because he's from detriot. Since Cop 2 the SAME CLOTHES now feel like a costume. Like even Axel wouldn't recognize himself if he was in different gear. this flick is a step up from Cop 3 but on its own...:dunno::dunno::sad:
Yeah, I agree w/ the clothes thing.

Plus, he was driving the same gotdamn car at the beginning of the movie. It was all restored, but still.

Just make this movie more of a stand alone. We don't need constant throwback reminders to enjoy the film.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
eddie lost his g status by agreeing to do this shit, there ton of fly ass script he can turn into gold that can cement him. this is just lazy hoe shit

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Loved it it’s just like Coming 2 America….we revisit thes characters and Detroit and BH…..it’s never gonna be as good as the OG but did a great job of modernizing a classic. Much better than that third one.

Bawse Nigguh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Affion Crockett…He did a lot with so little screen time… Also the scene where he just gave up going into character is indicative of this movie overall. It personally scratches my 80s nostalgia itch. But new a new audience may not appreciate it. And Axel had a two year old in Detroit and still went to Wonder World???

Last edited:

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
damn yall niggas so damn critical... BH4 was right on point. It delivered what it was suppose to deliver. I'm looking for BH5. BH4 is right up there with BH1&2. Worth the time investment and I' glad they kept it adult and not silly shit.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Loved it it’s just like Coming 2 America….we revisit thes characters and Detroit and BH…..it’s never gonna be as good as the OG but did a great job of modernizing a classic. Much better than that third one.
Yeah i agree. Eddie understood the assignment and fulfilled it. Can't wait for BH5!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
damn yall niggas so damn critical... BH4 was right on point. It delivered what it was suppose to deliver. I'm looking for BH5. BH4 is right up there with BH1&2. Worth the time investment and I' glad they kept it adult and not silly shit.
Yeah you know how dudes are they want instant classics lol….when I go to a movie I ask myself did I enjoy myself? Did I have a good time? That’s all that matters for me.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Watched it in the plane. Aside from his daughter :)rise:) the shit was not funny, too goofy, sprinkles of f@ggy. the helicopter was the best scene and even it wasn’t that funny. C- at best. He didn’t even do his signature laugh.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just finished watching this movie this morning!!..It was ok!!...I'm glad I watched this movie off the internet..Cause if I went to the movies to see this, I'll be mad as fuck for spending my money to see this movie!!...

Also, this is a movie you watch one time and don't bother watching it again!!

Retarded_1

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It was a good movie..
If you listen close to the dialog..there's a lot of references to all of Eddie's old movies (Shrek ect).
Its has a thin plot.
Stereotypical villians
typical 80s police officers and chiefs.

but if you just sit back and enjoy the movie for what it is..nostalgic fun.
A good time will be had by all..
6.5/10

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I’m gonna have to rewatch the first movies before watching this flick.

I have completely forgotten what happened in them. I need to refresh on the characters.

Also, it’s looking like Netflix might be expanding the franchise with Adam Sandler’s “Happy Gilmore”.

I’m gonna have to rewatch that one too.

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F's Happy Gilmore Cameo Explained By Director​

Christopher McDonald's cameo in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F was a fun decision by the director, unrelated to Happy Gilmore 2. The possibility of Eddie Murphy's Axel Foley making a cameo in Happy Gilmore 2 could draw attention to both franchises. Both franchises being produced by Netflix may lead to crossover opportunities and reciprocal nods for fans.

eddie-murphy-as-axel-foley-and-christopher-mcdonald-as-shooter-mcgaivn-and-adam-sandler-as-happy-gilmore.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster