New Netflix Trailer: Zack Snyder (Star Wars & Kurosawa-inspired sci-fi) - Rebel Moon UPDATE Pt 1 & 2 Director's Cut

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Movie Title: Not Here, Not Now

Synopsis: The Colony of AFRICANA lived in peace for many years on the galaxy Tribulon. Africana was a flourishing city full of prosperous black people who had made tremendous economic and technological contributions to its colony and extended its help in developing other colonies in Tribulon. But when words of imminent war by savage colonizers and aliens to pillage the colony and destroy all its core technological advancements, AFRICANA must quickly raise an army to fight the invaders. The BLACK ARMY as they called themselves will be led by Lukas Cagion, a man born with natural and mystical powers.
giphy.gif

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I watch this film and I feel the same way that I did when I watched the Movie Version of Batman v Superman and Justice league

I see Zack Snyder's vision, but you can tell that there's hours of shit cut.

The story doesn't make sense... you don't have an attachment to any of these characters.

I'm not a fan of this version...

but something tells me I'm going to love the extended cut.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I watch this film and I feel the same way that I did when I watched the Movie Version of Batman v Superman and Justice league

I see Zack Snyder's vision, but you can tell that there's hours of shit cut.

The story doesn't make sense... you don't have an attachment to any of these characters.

I'm not a fan of this version...

but something tells me I'm going to love the extended cut.

But how do you feel about them releasing THIS flawed version intentionally?

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
This shit is horrible. I can't follow it. Space nazis, Indians who fly gryphons, AI bot soldiers, spider bitches, a lead who can't act, bad slow motion action scenes that suck everywhere, I don't know what to make of this shit. All over a damn grain harvest. It's all over the place and doing it badly. It doesn't need a part 2 they need to cancel that shit right now, it's most likely the worst movie I've ever seen.

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
I don't understand why anyone would consider Zack Snyder a good director. Man of Steel is the only halfway decent thing he's ever done, imo.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Watching it now, much as I watch shit for free I don't go in too harshly anymore.. Lol I'm off til the 2nd so I'ma need shit to watch.

Watched Oppenheimer before this. It was alright.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I don't understand why anyone would consider Zack Snyder a good director. Man of Steel is the only halfway decent thing he's ever done, imo.
Dawn of the dead was great(written by James gun) Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole was visually stunning and a decent movie overall, and watchmen was about to be a classic until he fumbled the ending and negated the entire point of it lol also I know it's not technically a great movie but I did enjoy sucker punch.

other than that he's made a bunch of stinkers and homo erotic white boy fan fiction, I hated man of steel because he once again missed the entire point of Superman, had him let his father die needlessly, had him kill ZOD for no reason,(not bgol approved) and overall made a mopey l, emo mess of a film about the big blue boy scout. Superman movies should be full of hope and Americana bullshit, it should not be a wannabe dark knight, I did like Faora-Ul, she was badass but completely underused.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I’m not familiar with Rebel Moon or know what it is about and was planning on watching it this week.
But now that it’s come out there is an extended director cut to be released in 2024…I’ll just wait for it then.

Rebel Moon fans issue same complaint to ‘greedy’ Netflix about new Zack Snyder movie

However, even the most fervent Snyder fan appears to believe there is one issue with the film – thar it needs to be longer.. Social media is filled with messages claiming that Rebel Moon features pacing issues, and that Netflix should have released the director’s cut, which it held back in favour of a grand unveiling in early 2024.

Jacob Stolworthy
December 23, 2023

en_us_rm_teaser_kora_vertical_27x40_srgb_pre.jpg

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rebel Rememberance

PRAISE: Director and writer Zacks Snyders latest movie definitely made me remember about a dozen Sci Fi and Fantasy films that have come before it.
I admire it for its ambition as the story about a peaceful colony on the edge of a galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of a tyrannical ruling force, Kora (Sofia Boutella) rebels and gathers other rebels throughout the galaxy.
The various characters are interesting including Djimon Hounsou as Titus ; Ed Skrein as Atticus Noble ; Bae Doona as Nemesis ; Ray Fisher as Bloodaxe ; Charlie Hunnam as Kai and Cleopatra Coleman as Devra. The action sequences are good for the most part laced with some good SFX . There some good character building especially for Kora and the various worlds have interesting looks and detail.

PROBLEMS: There are some areas in which the movie is lacking in creativity. I definitely sat there saying that's from Star Wars and oh that's from the Matrix.
The problem with setting up a universe like this with a sequel already in place even with a two hour and fifteen minute run time several of the multiple characters are going to have well let's find out more of them next time arc.Some of the action sequences are a bit jumbled.
The dialog was definitely a bit off at times adding to an almost lumbering feel the movie has at times. Definitely a couple of predictable moments.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
This is mad random with characters just popping up and not knowing who they are and just jumping to different locations

The extended cut I guess will explain who the hell these people are

The bat shit was my favorite part

9Tuz.gif

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I’m not familiar with Rebel Moon or know what it is about and was planning on watching it this week.
But now that it’s come out there is an extended director cut to be released in 2024…I’ll just wait for it then.

Rebel Moon fans issue same complaint to ‘greedy’ Netflix about new Zack Snyder movie

However, even the most fervent Snyder fan appears to believe there is one issue with the film – thar it needs to be longer.. Social media is filled with messages claiming that Rebel Moon features pacing issues, and that Netflix should have released the director’s cut, which it held back in favour of a grand unveiling in early 2024.

Jacob Stolworthy
December 23, 2023

en_us_rm_teaser_kora_vertical_27x40_srgb_pre.jpg

netflix completely miscalculated this.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Rebel Moon
Part Two: The Scargiver
Official Teaser
Debuts April 19, 2024

I’ll wait for the Director’s Cut…

I was JUST gonna post this

I really need to understand Netflix plans with this...

I guess views are views regardless if you like it or not

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Waiting for the directors cut.

All of his director cuts are far superior to the bean counter cut.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Zack Snyder Clarifies Details About Rebel Moon's Director's Cut

Zack Snyder clarifies just how different the Rebel Moon director's cut will be from the original release, and he explains why he made those changes. Zack Snyder's director's cut of Rebel Moon: Part One will be a completely different movie with a different vision for the franchise. Unlike many director's cuts, Snyder's cut is not just an extended version but a new universe within the movie. The director's cut will be a fully realized, R-rated version of the movie that reflects Snyder's original vision.

BY LUKAS SHAYO
December 24, 2023

the-cast-of-rebel-moon.jpg

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Rebel Moon
Part Two: The Scargiver
Official Teaser
Debuts April 19, 2024

I’ll wait for the Director’s Cut…

Let me guess..a certain character who sold the heroes out in part 1 is going to come back and redeem themselves in pt 2..presumably at the cost of their own life :rolleyes:..and in slo-mo too :lol:

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
This shit seems like it was written by chatgpt. Like for real he told the chatbot gimme a girl hero, some farmers, some space nazi white boys, have the heroine go recruit a crew, make some slo-mo fight scenes for the fuck of it, and resurrect the bad guy in the end. And I think that Sofia Boutella bitch is a tranny. I hated this movie so much I'll be pissed off on my death bed because I wasted time on it. And fuck a Director's Cut and a part 2.