New Netflix Trailer: Zack Snyder (Star Wars & Kurosawa-inspired sci-fi) - Rebel Moon UPDATE Pt 1 & 2 Director's Cut

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
I don't understand why anyone would consider Zack Snyder a good director. Man of Steel is the only halfway decent thing he's ever done, imo.
Man Of Steel was one of the best flicks I ever saw. I was a kid when the original Gen. Zod wrecked shop. MOS was the quintessential remake to me, my jaw literally dropped in the theater. Even today when I watch it I go grab a bath towel and a safety pin and risk life and limb.

neoafrican

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just saw it. It was entertaining. I got a lot of infuences from different movies. A lot. I mean … a lot. Art direction. Plot. Costumes. Sets.

I didn’t find the story confusing at all. Easy to follow. I just let myself accept the copying was homage rather than theft. There was enough originality to sell me.

I liked the characters and the dialogue was decent. Not a fan of slowmo fights. But they were decent as well.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
netflix completely miscalculated this.

Yes they did.

I checked Netflix this morning and it got bumped out of the number one spot by “The MEG 2” which debuted Friday.

It’s down to number 3, number 2 is the “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” which also debuted Friday.

Rebel Moon was supposed to stay number one thru New Year weekend before falling off.

Looks like when word got out about the director cut, folks decided to hold off…like me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes they did.

I checked Netflix this morning and it got bumped out of the number one spot by “The MEG 2” which debuted Friday.

It’s down to number 3, number 2 is the “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” which also debuted Friday.

Rebel Moon was supposed to stay number one thru New Year weekend before falling off.

Looks like when word got out about the director cut, folks decided to hold off…like me.

Any intern or youtuber could have told them this is a bad idea.

In fact here is the out....

Starting in 2024 especially because we have an ad tier now and with requests from parents whenever possible we will attempt to have a pg version of our own large releases.

There you go that's it

So no Snyder cut bullsh*t

Just a "movie theatre cut" and unrated cut.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man Of Steel was one of the best flicks I ever saw. I was a kid when the original Gen. Zod wrecked shop. MOS was the quintessential remake to me, my jaw literally dropped in the theater. Even today when I watch it I go grab a bath towel and a safety pin and risk life and limb.

I hear this SO MUCH

I really wish that movie connected with me like that as a big superman fan.

I'm gonna try to re watch that soon.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Rebel Moon — Part 2 trailer teases what Anthony Hopkins' robot can really do​

Jimmy can be polite and chivalrous, but clearly he can also kick Imperium ass.
By
Christian Holub

Published on March 18, 2024

kind of what I was able to achieve with this film,

0 seconds of 8 minutes, 42 secondsVolume 0%

The first part of Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon had plenty of fighting, but the real battle's only just begun. In order to even the playing field between the rebels of Veldt and the forces of the Imperium, the robot Jimmy (voiced by Anthony Hopkins) will have to pick up arms — and the imperials may not like seeing what he can do.

"I have no choice but to fight," Jimmy says in the new trailer for Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver, before demolishing a bunch of soldiers with his arms and a gun. He's still rocking that cool, shaman-life outfit (complete with cape and antler-like crown) that first appeared at the end of Rebel Moon — Part One: A Child of Fire.

'Rebel Moon Part Two'

Rebel Moon Part Two.
NETFLIX/YOUTUBE
Beyond Jimmy, this trailer is jam-packed with explosive action. That lines up with what Snyder previously told EW about the second Rebel Moon film. He straight-up calls it a "war movie."

“It was fun to plan the battle and try to figure out how Kora and the village could stand a chance against a world-destroying spacecraft,” Snyder told EW in December.

The film will also reveal some important information about the history of the Rebel Moon galaxy — namely, what happened to the royal family years ago, and what role Kora (Sofia Boutella) may have played in it. This trailer already reveals that "Scargiver" is a title that applies to her; we see her called that by resurrected villain Atticus Noble (Ed Skrein).

Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver hits Netflix on April 19. Watch the new trailer below.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver
The rebels gear up for battle against the ruthless
forces of the Motherworld as unbreakable bonds
are forged, heroes emerge — and legends are made.
On Netflix this Friday 19th April 2024
b33820fbaebfed501de8c0b7d51acfc8.png

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought it was good.
Truth be told, I was bored with the farmer training and back story of each friggin character.
Soo..I FF to around to the 0:56 mark
Which is when they landed and the fighting started.

Action sequences were good
TOO MUCH SLOMO
But it's not bad

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It wasn't bad. The fight between Kora and Commander Noble was on point. With the way Noble was dealth with, he shouldn't be coming back for the third time...if there's a third.
I also watched the making of Rebel Moon. That was quite interesting to see how they tied it all together.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Rebel Moon - Part One: A Child On Fire

6/10

This film came out last year and got negative reviews by critics along with the Agenda Army having severe strokes watching it.

Right after it released, Zack Synder dropped that there is an Extended Cut for Part One and Part Two. The extra footage according to Synder makes the films more adult and adds a 1 hour run time to both films.

I was gonna hold out and wait for the extended cuts which according to Zack Synder, are supposed to be released sometime this summer. Netflix has just made the announcement the directors cut will be out this summer.

I decided to binge both films earlier this month at home and will watch the extended cut versions later in the future. It would allow me to have time to soak these in.

This is an original story created by Snyder and isn’t based on anything. The film progresses at a steady pace as it builds up to whatever happens in Part Two. Just like Snyder’s DCEU films, the film looks great visually with set designs and VFX/SFX that keep your eyes glued to the screen. The film has a dark look and feel which works well with what the story is about. The film some what has a “Dune” vibe to it.

Actors do a decent job in their roles. Good casting with a number of B-List and not well known actors.

The film is mainly focused on story development and character introduction/development. I suspect this is probably part of the reason it got a negative reaction with people going into it thinking it was gonna be overloaded with mind numbing, full blown non-stop action with minimal talking.

Other than that, not gonna get into the story being I’m probably the last person on the forum that has seen it.

Synopsis

When a colony on the edge of the galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of the tyrannical Regent Balisarius, they dispatch a young woman with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from neighbouring planets to help them take a stand.

MV5BYzlhNzBmYjUtNjRmZC00MDg3LWE4NDMtZDNjODUwNTljMzhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Rebel Moon – Part Two: The Scargiver

7/10

I watched this one soon after the first one.

The first hour immediately picks up after the events ending in the first film. The first hour spends time on the primary characters backstory and development.

The 2nd hour takes the film into full action with plenty of shoot ‘em ups, explosions and bodies flying around everywhere. Battle sequences have some similarities to Star Wars “Clone Wars”. There is a lot of Star Wars references in visuals in the 2nd hour. That corny robot from the first film comes thru in the 2nd hour like “Captain America”. I wasn’t expecting that.

The pace of the 2nd hour is engaging and will keep you glued to the screen. Netflix should have released the first film just before Thanksgiving and the 2nd film just before Christmas. They probably would have gotten a better response if folks were able to watch them back to back.

Overall, the 2nd film played out well better than the first. They left it off for a Part 3 to make it a trilogy.

I’m gonna probably wait and watch the directors cut later this year around the holidays when I take vacation.

Synopsis

A colony on the edge of the galaxy fights for survival against a tyrannical ruling force, relying on the efforts of a small group of rebels.

MV5BYmQ2ODgyZjMtMmQyMy00ZWRhLTllOGUtZDI3MDkzNjFhZWQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@blackbull1970

My kids and I laughed and joked and destroyed every second of these two projects like mystery science theatre 5000.

And even with ALL that being said?

There WAS good in here

But this whole thing is a mess

and the problem netflix miscalculated is this. If the director cut is just as bad?

Now the audience will never believe you.

if it's good? Why didn't you just release the good version in the first place?

Unless all they care about views then mission accomplished