Obama Is Blaming Black Men for the Democratic Party's Failures

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

Obama, GOP-ers honor Reagan​

Reagan’s strength, Obama wrote, was in bringing together Americans of all stripes under the banner of patriotism.

Reagan “understood that it is always ‘Morning in America,’” Obama wrote. “We are all patriots who put the welfare of our fellow citizens above all else.”

Reagan “was a believer,” Obama wrote, seeing “that each of us has the power — as individuals and as a nation — to shape our own destiny. He had faith in the American promise, in the importance of reaffirming values like hard work and personal responsibility and in his own unique ability to inspire others to greatness.”

Obama also wrote of Reagan’s willingness to work with his political foes, something the current president has tried to do with varying levels of success.

“No matter what political disagreements you may have had with President Reagan — and I certainly had my share — there is no denying his leadership in the world or his gift for communicating his vision for America,” Obama wrote.

Though Reagan acknowledged that “conflicts between parties and political adversaries were inevitable, he also knew that they would never be strong enough to break the ties that bind us together,” Obama said.

“He understood that, while we may see the world differently and hold different opinions about what’s best for our country, the fact remains that we are all patriots who put the welfare of our fellow citizens above all else.”

On issues including Social Security, taxes and national security, Obama said Reagan sought to find common ground with Democrats and foreign leaders.

More significant than those individual accomplishments might be “the sense of confidence and optimism President Reagan never failed to communicate to the American people,” Obama said.

“It was a spirit that transcended the most heated political arguments and one that called each of us to believe that tomorrow will be better than today,” he wrote. “At a time when our nation was going through an extremely difficult period, with economic hardship at home and very real threats beyond our borders, it was this positive outlook, this sense of pride, that the American people needed more than anything.”

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor

GZukZtpW8AIXRt2

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The fact is they have the numbers and they're showing a lack of enthusiasm among Black men. That doesn't mean they won't get out to vote in the end. The truth is I'm not excited about her candidacy either but I'm even less enthused by Donald Trump. The million dollar question is why are there BM who aren't excited?

Like many BM I remember all the talk about what BW meant to the Democratic party. How BW are the most loyal voters. If you think about it Harris was shoved down our throats as Biden's running mate with all that talk. Every time you turned on the news there was a story about BW and what might happen if Biden didn't pick her. Would BW abandon the party? Felt like extortion to me. If you don't pick her we're not going to support you come election time.

The fact is conservatives don't care about policy. The only thing they're worried about is the fear of non-Whites getting more protections under the law.
Pretty much. They just kinda rolled her out with the whole sista girl thing and expected folk to fall in line. I don’t care what sorority she is in or where she went to college. Talk to me, not at me.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Stop asking them to vote like you like then because what you're doing now sounds a hell of a lot like what you hate.
I don’t give a fuck who people vote for . What I do care about is people constantly trying to get people NOT to vote which is what is going on here. These threads are only about attacking Democrats and trying to stop Black folks from voting for them.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
I don’t give a fuck who people vote for . What I do care about is people constantly trying to get people NOT to vote which is what is going on here. These threads are only about attacking Democrats and trying to stop Black folks from voting for them.
Come on Man, why you frontin'? This is borderline Trumpian, you literally have a thread at this very moment on page one that proves empirically that this ain't true so what are we doing here? I mean even in that response it shows partiality and an ideological slant.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Come on Man, why you frontin'? This is borderline Trumpian, you literally have a thread at this very moment on page one that proves empirically that this ain't true so what are we doing here? I mean even in that response it shows partiality and an ideological slant.
I’m not sure why you act like this guy is a normal republican. You didn’t see this shit during bush etc. Trump is a strait up threat and a Nazi. He has racists riled up ready to assault non whites and you wonder why most Black folks call people coons for supporting that? What are you confused about?

There is no other option here

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
He reduced assumed and perceived reservations to misogyny. And used a concocted issue of gender divisiveness to lecture down to a room full of young Black men. Clown shit. His time would have been better served by first thanking Black men for being the second biggest voting block for his party, and then by informing them why they should support the candidate while outlying policies and accomplishments of current administration. Again, Barry fucked up.

The fact that any black man can disagree with this clear point is exactly why we're the red-headed stepchild who gets scolding patronizing lectures. In what world does a party who thinks its cool to talk down to you like this to get what they want will ever give a shit about your demands?

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think part of it for people not being as hyped about her is partly Obama's fault

We saw all the things he did for us while he was president :dunno:

It's been a bunch of promises and at least we're not them every election.
The cool part about this whole debacle is NOW I have more information than I had before. I'm not a big Roland Martin fan, but Wendall Pierce made the case for me. I'm trying to find the interview, they might have pulled it.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Is there a big pro-crypto contingent here in 2024?
Blackrock, who manages and therefore controls the majority share stakes in 95% of the Fortune 500 has already capitalized Bitcoin, I don't know why you think your stance is clever or even adviseable? Good luck with your fight against the future though.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What are Trump's odds of winning the election? Here's why they just got better​

Portrait of Jim Sergent Jim Sergent
USA TODAY

Recent polling in Pennsylvania suggests voters are divided in choosing Vice President Kamala Harris or former President Donald Trump. Betting markets disagree. If they're right, Pennsylvania and the presidential election might go Trump's way.
Since the vice presidential debate between JD Vance and Tim Walz, offshore betting markets have trended toward Trump, according to Polymarket, a crypto trading platform. The primary driver: an influx of bets that raised the probability of Trump winning Pennsylvania.

On Thursday morning, for the first time since late July, bettors gave Trump a narrow chance of winning Wisconsin and Michigan, too. As of Sunday at 5 p.m. ET, bets on Polymarket gave Trump a 54% probability of winning the election, his best odds since July 30. Presidential election betting can't be done legally in the U.S.

Link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/grap...election-odds-2024-betting-polls/75559980007/

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
  • i know we were disappointed in in his first term and we said we'd get the real Obama after his 1st term,
  • i know we were disspointed in in his 2nd term and we said we'd get the real Obama after his 2nd term,
  • i know we were disspointed in Obama after his term in office and we said we'd get the real Obama after he was out of office,
  • I KNOW that we will get the real Obama after he elect Kamala
:yes:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Obama, GOP-ers honor Reagan​

Reagan’s strength, Obama wrote, was in bringing together Americans of all stripes under the banner of patriotism.

Reagan “understood that it is always ‘Morning in America,’” Obama wrote. “We are all patriots who put the welfare of our fellow citizens above all else.”

Reagan “was a believer,” Obama wrote, seeing “that each of us has the power — as individuals and as a nation — to shape our own destiny. He had faith in the American promise, in the importance of reaffirming values like hard work and personal responsibility and in his own unique ability to inspire others to greatness.”
:smh:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
  • i know we were disappointed in in his first term and we said we'd get the real Obama after his 1st term,
  • i know we were disspointed in in his 2nd term and we said we'd get the real Obama after his 2nd term,
  • i know we were disspointed in Obama after his term in office and we said we'd get the real Obama after he was out of office,
  • I KNOW that we will get the real Obama after he elect Kamala
:yes:

He was playing "chess", remember???

tajshan

Support BGOL
Registered

What are Trump's odds of winning the election? Here's why they just got better​

Portrait of Jim Sergent Jim Sergent
USA TODAY

Recent polling in Pennsylvania suggests voters are divided in choosing Vice President Kamala Harris or former President Donald Trump. Betting markets disagree. If they're right, Pennsylvania and the presidential election might go Trump's way.
Since the vice presidential debate between JD Vance and Tim Walz, offshore betting markets have trended toward Trump, according to Polymarket, a crypto trading platform. The primary driver: an influx of bets that raised the probability of Trump winning Pennsylvania.

On Thursday morning, for the first time since late July, bettors gave Trump a narrow chance of winning Wisconsin and Michigan, too. As of Sunday at 5 p.m. ET, bets on Polymarket gave Trump a 54% probability of winning the election, his best odds since July 30. Presidential election betting can't be done legally in the U.S.

Link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/grap...election-odds-2024-betting-polls/75559980007/
I wouldn't be surprised.....

Hell, I fear what Dr. Bryant told Nick Cannon during his interview with her falling on the Senator's head. I'm still tripping over the fact that she said that shit - out loud :oops: . Does she not remember 2016 election? Quiet as it's kept not all white women voted for Senator Clinton.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You got 3 options..............Vote for Trump.................Vote for Harris...............or Don't Vote.

i aint tryin to hear shit else mufuckas got to say...........but for whatever you decide............stand on it.

jimmiewine

"Are you gonna bring Halle? That's a fine bitch!"
BGOL Patreon Investor
God, I HATE niggas! All the man said was get your ass out there and vote! Fuck! And niggas will vote for Trump just to be an asshole like that ignorant Lord Jamar! Just get off your ass and go vote before Agent Orange has us all on the goddamn chain gang singing freedom songs!

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You got 3 options..............Vote for Trump.................Vote for Harris...............or Don't Vote.

i aint tryin to hear shit else mufuckas got to say...........but for whatever you decide............stand on it.

But that's the problem.

Whichever you vote for is a vote AGAINST the other party rather than a vote FOR yours, in many cases. Or at least in mine.

Because NEITHER PARTY is gonna do anything to affect me other than raise or lower my taxes.

BGOL will call Magic Johnson a coon if he votes for Trump on tax purposes when he (Magic) has created hundreds of jobs for minorities from entry level to executive.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I found it interesting that her brother in law is General Counsel for Uber, which is known for ripping off both riders and drivers, to the tune of millions, yet when it comes time to vote, she's "one of us" commoners.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Blackrock, who manages and therefore controls the majority share stakes in 95% of the Fortune 500 has already capitalized Bitcoin, I don't know why you think your stance is clever or even adviseable? Good luck with your fight against the future though.

Dude, it was a simple question with zero hostility. Unless your mama’s name is Crypto, I don’t know why you read into my question the way you did.

And all you communicated is that you are pro-crypto but you totally failed to even address the question because you were so blinded by your assumption that I’m against it.

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
I found it interesting that her brother in law is General Counsel for Uber, which is known for ripping off both riders and drivers, to the tune of millions, yet when it comes time to vote, she's "one of us" commoners.

And it was Barry’s administration that created the “gig economy.” A lot of them later went to work for those Silicon Valley companies.