{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Jokic missing all these games :smh:

Need just 2 wins to wrap the Western Conference up and it looks like they’re gonna take it down to the last 2:angry:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Terrible offensive night. :smh:

acXwMK.jpg

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He ended the game with 40 points, he can do this so easily but watch next big game he will have 15 points
He’s the definition of a lazy player

I would hope now is different. 1st team All-NBA in 3 years with the sorry ass Pelicans. His career started out like Timmy's but he has a career ending ankle sprain every season. He's only 30 and has Lebron as a teammate. If he's finally willing to take the #1 spot, I'm sure Lebron would be more than willing to give it to him to play another 3, 4 or 5 years and will some more chips.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
I thought for sure Dallas would end up in the play-in with New Orleans or OKC falling out.

Now New Orleans is three games up on them with four to play so that is not realistic. They're one game behind OKC:
  • Thunder, 38-40- Four games left- vs Phoenix, at Golden State, at Utah, vs Memphis
  • Mavs, 37-41- Four games left- at Atlanta, vs Sacramento, vs Chicago, vs San Antonio
That looks like a decidedly easier schedule for Dallas! 3/4 at home. Atlanta is 2.5 back of Miami at #8 so they and Chicago are fighting for position in 8-10 in the East but Sacramento is likely locked into 3rd and San Antonio is terrible. Meanwhile OKC has two title contenders jockeying for position 4-6 coming up on the schedule before possibly facing two teams with nothing to play for.

OKC controls their own destiny-- We might know who the top 10 for the West will be after they play Golden State on Tuesday. I was tempted to still pick Dallas with those schedules but the Thunder also own the tiebreaker over the Mavs! So the smart money has to be on OKC.

Well, with the Suns beating the Thunder and the Warriors blowing it against the Nuggets, the 4th seed is out of reach for Golden State.

It’s a tough situation because Phoenix is the main team you don’t want to see in the first round but there’s only a half game between 5th and the play-in…

DE7-CE65-F-7469-4-ECF-9134-91-F7-CA968760.jpg

So the Warriors really have to match the Clippers over these last three games. Must win on Tuesday against the Thunder followed by the Kings, who I think might be feeling disrespected with all the talk of them as an easier first round matchup, and then the Blazers. Not easy!

Really gotta root for the Lakers to beat the Clippers on Wednesday (which is a lose-lose if the Warriors don’t take care of business vs OKC) because then the Clippers finish with the Blazers and a Suns team with nothing to play for.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Kendrick Perkins is a moron

He talks about Charles Barkley like he's a nobody

but Kendrick Perkins ring he got form Rondo, Ray, KG and Paul Pierce

He talks about KD's resume?

So Kendrick's ring gives him the right to criticize players?