{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

I wonder how Dame would be viewed in a world where Steph Curry did not exist.

If he was the same player (and I’m not sure he would be— his game has certainly been influenced by Steph, the question is to what extent) he would be much more highly revered.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

I had to look it up:

One year Jackson gave O’Neal a copy of Aristotle’s Nicomachean Ethics as a Christmas present. In this classic text, Aristotle argues that sustained excellence is achieved through habit and repetition. For Aristotle, this is the central dictum of moral education and personal growth. O’Neal has cited the mantra of habituation to explain his improved free throw shooting: by continuously practicing proper habits, he was able to internalize those techniques and perform better, especially under pressure, when the maintenance of subtle mechanics is more difficult. Indeed, he even went on to dub himself “The Big Aristotle” because of the influence of Aristotle’s teachings.​

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

88774511-0-image-m-34_1724255806600.jpg

88774515-13765933-NBA_heartthrob_Tristan_Thompson_enjoyed_a_candlelit_dinner_in_Lo-m-40_1724256053071.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Arguably the most underrated player ever… I didn’t know he averaged 38 as a rookie, that’s just ridiculous.

NBA Rookie: Avg 38 PTS, 27 REB
3rd Season: Avg 50 PTS, 26 REB
1st center to lead NBA in AST
Never fouled out of a GM
Nets offered him a contract at the age of 50

Last edited: