{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Im gonna respond to this in a way that @Costanza would if this tweet was celebrating the accomplishments someone he hated (ie LEBRON!) :

Such a bullshit fabricated stat to overhype an already overly celebrated and overrated "superstar". Its merely another way of saying that he played a really long time for one team. Hardly impressive. And the entire idea of turning one persons career into two is ridiculous in itself.. :rolleyes:

You have an emotional attachment to LeBron. I don’t even dislike him, much less hate him. You’re so thirsty for LeBron debate that you’re writing “LeBron hate fanfic,” or stanfic in your case. :smh:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Wilt has to be on the list…

I see no problem with the list. People will have issue with Lebron not being on the list but I’m moreso happy that people understand why Melo deserves to be on this list. As I’ve said since Melo got drafted, he’s a better scorer than Lebron. If you can’t see why, you don’t know ball.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
And disdain for hypocrisy. You discount his unprecedented career accomplishments as mere longevity stats while celebrating Kobes lesser career resume as something to warrant being inducted in the HOF twice. :smh:

Kobe is starting to look very overrated when you take away the Bron slander and just judge him on his merits. Steph Curry will be seen as the better guard than him all time after this season.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Although I’m an independent that supports @RobertKennedyJr and sad to see him drop out, I’m not going to talk about flaws of the right or left nor disrespect character.​
My goal is to see the USA move forward in sync with everyone being able to be comfortable in their own skin.​
As an independent and one day hoping to see an independent president and a president born from a black mom and black dad because of our history that we’ve wanted no parts of, I still support any president in a seat from the perspective of service to the country.​
#politicscanbegood​
As I grew up democrat be default and still love my democratic friends and sacrifices; I’ve chosen to be an independent because of issues that can not be resolved if the right and left just keeps bickering back and forth. It’s like watching a Highschool conversation.​
#bothsides​
As someone that cheers for the right and left to agree for once, it’s best I continue to give my best effort when called upon.​
No matter which way I go, my personal goals remain a focus.​
- education and financial literacy​
- rediscovering heritage and native tongue​
- healthy foods​
- preventative policing​
- pathways to reparations!!!​
- teaching family values alongside sex education​
- pro women choices​

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

matt-barnes-082524-f238066aeb36459aa126d46ae11295fe.jpg

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Magic is my guy. But his comeback was weak and showcases the age gap. Only white people and Black people over 60 make "ring arguments". :lol:

Anthony Edwards winning a gold medal is more important than any of Magic's championships he won for the Buss family. Jayson Tatum, coming off a championship, was the 12th man on the historic 2024 Avengers. :lol:

Jaylen Brown the reigning Finals MVP and no one cares or remembers a single play from his run. :lol: He has the same rating on 2k as Kawhi Leonard and is 5 points below the guy he just beat (Luka) in the Finals. Winning a chip did nothing for his legacy.

That overrating championships is some Boomer shit. Anthony Edwards has every right to feel how he feels and say it coming off that gold medal. Michael Jordan is the only NBA player before the year 2000 that will be remembered since he's the only one y'all dickate and overrated so much the last 20 years while minimizing everyone else. How can you be surprised the young generation feels his comp was weak and not very skilled? :smh:

The fact Magic didn't respond with nuance and reasoning says it all.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Thoughts from people who saw Sampson play?

“Jordan’s era had no skill, if you dropped Wembanyama in that era they would think he was an alien.” -Clueless Gen Z basketball fans
False.
I present to you “The Original Alien” Ralph Sampson, he was also 7’4”, he was extremely nimble for his height, could handle the ball and go coast to coast, and he could shoot. His career was cut short due to knee injuries but if he had modern medicine he would have had a long and successful career.
Ralph even had a better rookie year than Wemby. He posted:
21.0 PPG
11.1 RPG
2.4 BPG
52.4 FG%
Rookie of the Year
All Star game selection
Learn the past, respect the game, and dont be an ignorant fool

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
When they go low we go lower. Ant needs to respond with a aids comment.

Ant needs to respond with a championship or shut the fuck up. Nigga ain’t even on the best team in his division. Let your game speak. Don’t be “twitter fingers” like Dame Lillard and CJ McCollum used to be. They did all that yappin and never won shit.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
The main reason why I never cared to seriously join the GOAT debates or “Which era is better” debates cuz I ain’t with tearing mf’s down just to build another up. That’s the problem with all those type of debates.

I’m in my 30’s and I’ve never heard people tear down 90’s basketball until now and they only doing it to make Lebron and others look better when they don’t need to do all that. Lebron’s career speaks for itself. He could ball in any era but guess what So could Jordan. So could Kobe and the list goes on. There’s players from the 80’s and 90’s that would dominate in today’s games and vice versa. Folks just love to argue. Shit is dumb