{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Welcome Back: Donte DiVincenzo Started Yapping At The Knicks Bench During A Free Throw, Had To Be Separated From Rick Brunson After The Game​

I say yapping at the Knicks bench because I'm only about 98% sure he's talking shit to Rick Brunson. It makes sense, he's Jalen's dad. The move to trade Donte (and Randle) for KAT wasn't a surprise to the Brunson family. You don't make that trade without your superstar signing off on it. Welcome to the NBA, welcome to any league really. So Donte is clearly pissed he got traded away from New York with all the Nova guys to Minnesota. No one wants to be traded until they publicly demand one and then we all wonder who is pulling the trigger for the trade.

But come on. Donte was always going to be the guy traded from the Knicks. Look, I love him for what he did last year, every Knicks fan does. But you can't be surprised when that guy gets moved. You're not trading Hart, you're keeping McBride for now on that contract, Donte was the guy you had to move to get KAT. I stand by the trade, it made sense and Karl-Anthony Towns is good at basketball. There, I said it.

Of course Thibs responded in classic Thibs fashion

And you know what? Good. Let Rick Brunson be an asshole and not afraid to say something back to Donte. Every good team needs a fall guy and if it's our assistant coach, so be it. Also, take it down a notch Donte. It's preseason. I get it's your first game back at MSG, but save it for the regular season. People want to say those games don't really matter, this game for sure doesn't matter (even though the Knicks won).

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Good for Donte. Brunson looking like a fucking clown. Be glad your son got you a job and sit yo bum ass down somewhere.