{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let me get this straight......you hold Brown arm back from catching the pass on a post up........you get called for a foul for the hold.......and you keep holding brown...... :hmm: :hmm:

What do you expect going happen to you.
he was holding brown all game so he would not get torched as bad as he did.

No way in hell can Duncan guard Brown without holding.
then he tried to get in browns face to fight........Brown should have knocked his ass out for that.

Sorry he got injured but he was holding browns arms.......let go the man.

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Dude...stop it.
watch the video Duncan puts his arm around Brown's body( you can put your arm down when someone has you in a bear hug under our arm)
Stop watching selected clips from Miami fans( you can see Duncan bear-hugging brown and stopping him from getting the ball in the full video...that is why the foul was called on him)

This and then the punch in the nuts by Bam.......that's some dirty Miami play:smh::smh::smh:

Same stuff from the ECF last year.......this never stops with Miami

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
But Thompson says he’s open to a reduced role if it means staying with the only franchise he’s suited up for.

“Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with that,” he tells me. “I’ll be 35 next year. At 35, coming off the ACL and an Achilles [tear] and still have the ability to be a really good player. Maybe not the guy who scored 60 in three quarters and scored an NBA record 37 points in a quarter, but still a great threat out there.

Well what do you know!?!?!?
Attitude adjustment starts playing a more suitable role starts embracing that role and helping bring the youngsters along and stops trying to be the hero
5 in a row
Hmmm
Wonder where the silly concept of klay costing us half a season and he needs to accept his new role in order for us to be great came from?

Any ideas?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He saw those reports of his ass going to Philly and realized that he doesn't have the power and don't wanna move :lol:

Next we'll hear him sounds like Sammy Sosa talkin bout "Golden State been berry berry good to me"

white-sammy-sosa-sammy-sosa.gif

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Miami Heat....This is how you get the biggest contract in the NBA......by lockdown defense on all five positions no matter the size.
.......not none of that Heat punching nuts and grabbing jerseys defense:puke::puke:(that defense will put you in 8th place)

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Miami Heat....This is how you get the biggest contract in the NBA......by lockdown defense on all five positions no matter the size.
.......not none of that Heat punching nuts and grabbing jerseys defense:puke::puke:(that defense will put you in 8th place)

The man was reaching and damn near moving his hands more than his feet, dude was out there basically playing patty cake

NMLc.gif

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Early retirement due to reputation more than lack of skill. If DeAndre Jordan can still grab you 8 rebounds and catch a few lobs, than Boogie could be getting minutes.
But that's the bad part about Boogie...
I remembered him in Houston and he was doing well... he wasn't too happy about playing time and that dumbass coach we had at the time wouldn't play him alongside Christian Wood... but then everyone started getting hurt and they didn't want to keep him there while he still had good years of play left in him so he asked for a release and it was granted. He should have been on that Denver team that won the chip I think... but he was playing real good ball and was a serviceable center.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have no idea what your post meant but Ant literally tripped over the man's leg :lol:

I'm gonna start sticking my leg up when I crossover niggas now!

I'm not saying that's what PG, the results looked good doing it! :roflmao:
He did but the play was still nice.

Regarding PG, I think a lot more NBA teams are going to look for that guy who’s 6’8” - “6-10” who can play or defend at least four positions with a dog mentality.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
But that's the bad part about Boogie...
I remembered him in Houston and he was doing well... he wasn't too happy about playing time and that dumbass coach we had at the time wouldn't play him alongside Christian Wood... but then everyone started getting hurt and they didn't want to keep him there while he still had good years of play left in him so he asked for a release and it was granted. He should have been on that Denver team that won the chip I think... but he was playing real good ball and was a serviceable center.
A vet Boogie with a young Christian Wood.

How doesn't a coach see instant Twin Towers San Antonio set-up where you build with shooters surrounding your stoppable inside twin threats?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He did but the play was still nice.

Regarding PG, I think a lot more NBA teams are going to look for that guy who’s 6’8” - “6-10” who can play or defend at least four positions with a dog mentality.

Oh that's what you meant, about PG.

Yeah you're right and you're right the play did look nice.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude...stop it.
watch the video Duncan puts his arm around Brown's body( you can put your arm down when someone has you in a bear hug under our arm)
Stop watching selected clips from Miami fans( you can see Duncan bear-hugging brown and stopping him from getting the ball in the full video...that is why the foul was called on him)

This and then the punch in the nuts by Bam.......that's some dirty Miami play:smh::smh::smh:

Same stuff from the ECF last year.......this never stops with Miami
Yes duncan fouled him but after the play was over is when brown locked him up

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
A cac that plays zero defense.

LeBron James hasn't won an MVP award since 2013. It lost its luster and credibility a long time ago and going forward won't hold the weight it once did. Your body of work and production says a lot more about your career.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Widely acknowledged as a top 75 player all time.

His peers. Media. Fans. I was using widely in the sense that doesn't mean a majority, but by or among a large number of persons. I think that's accurate based on the reception to the NBA's plummer-filled official list.

That was a year ago.. And thats how athletics work. There usually isnt some beautiful slow descent into mediocrity.. Its typically a falloff of production. Hes had a great career. Hes cooked.
Objectively untrue

Cool. Well go tell warriors management and coaching... his playing time and contract status say otherwise.
Really? How many players on the team do you think have played more minutes than him?

Time's up... Only Steph Curry has played more minutes for the Warriors than Klay Thompson has this season.

So one good game every month is acceptable?

No... But it is enough to show that dismissing him as "cooked" or "washed" is ignorant.

He needs to play a lesser role, as I have long said and he has acknowledged. He shouldn't be the guy with the second most minutes-- some of that is injuries to other players but that's not all of it and he should play less regardless.

They're moving in the right direction to allow him to best contribute and for the team to be successful.