{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
On the 12 year anniversary of Trayvon Martin's murder, let us never forget @Amajorfucup

“There is a bigger issue in terms of being an African-American athlete, and the box people try to put you in because of it,” he told me. “And it’s always a struggle to step outside of that.” When I brought up LeBron James posting online a photo of the Heat players dressed in hoodies, with their heads bowed, in solidarity with Trayvon Martin, as a political expression, Bryant seemed nonplussed. “I won’t react to something just because I’m supposed to, because I’m an African-American,” he said. “That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and as a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American, we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we’ve progressed as a society? Well, if we’ve progressed as a society, then you don’t jump to somebody’s defense just because they’re African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”-Kobe Bean Bryant, Generation X's finest.

His wife is from the same community as Zimmerman, so we weren't shocked at the time he sympathized with him more than Trayvon.

This is why when people disrespect real Black men like Bill Russell it pisses me off. Fans just forget all the foul ahit Kobe said, and did to real persons, real Black people.

Kobe versus Lebron as a representation of Black people is just not close. We give light to straight fuck shit with Kobe. This dude hated Black people :thefinger: .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
91-88 Wizards lead Cleveland with 10 to go. Poole just took over to take the lead, has 28 and is feeling himself.
94-88, another Poole 3. Has the place rocking.
And then he scored no more and they lost.

Fifty-seven games into a lost season, the Washington Wizards are well beyond the point of trying to move up the standings. Now they’re in it for silver linings and morsels of hope.

During a 114-105 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday night at Capital One Arena, there were plenty of positives. Down three rotation players, the Wizards (9-48) pushed the No. 2 team in the Eastern Conference. They led 94-88 with 9:17 left after a fallaway three-pointer by Jordan Poole brought the crowd to its feet. But they faltered down the stretch, extending their season-worst losing streak to 11 games.

“[We] shouldn’t be happy we lost,” interim coach Brian Keefe said. “We’re never happy about that. But we should be about the process. … That looked like the team that we have been building, and if we keep stacking those type of habits, repeatable actions that we showed tonight, that will lead to the win. So we’re focused on the process on how to get there, and I thought our guys made a great step in that direction tonight.”

Poole’s performance in his third game since he was relegated to a reserve role was a standout. When the Wizards hosted the Cavaliers on Feb. 7, he was held scoreless on 0-for-5 shooting, drawing boos from the Capital One Arena crowd. This time, Poole powered mini bursts of offense, caught fire from beyond the arc (he finished 6 for 13) and engaged the fans throughout the night, finishing with 31 points, five rebounds and five assists.

“Jordan has played well for us,” Keefe said. “Now we’re seeing him in a different type of role, the ball in his hands a little bit more. And we’re seeing incremental gains in the last three games from this.”

Kyle Kuzma added 27 points, seven rebounds and five assists for Washington, which was plenty shorthanded. Deni Avdija, the fourth-year forward in the midst of a breakout season, missed his second consecutive game with a left heel contusion. Reserve forward Corey Kispert was a late scratch with a non-covid illness. And rookie Bilal Coulibaly was limited to six minutes after taking a hard fall in the first quarter. The Wizards said he suffered a right pelvis contusion.

Here’s what else to know about the Wizards’ loss: ...

Sunday was the Wizards’ 11th consecutive game — all losses — against a team with a winning record. Since returning from the all-star break, Washington has lost by 20 at defending champion Denver, by 41 at contender Oklahoma City and by nine to Cleveland.

Washington’s upcoming schedule is no less forgiving. The Wizards host Golden State (29-27) on Tuesday before heading to Los Angeles to face the Lakers (31-28) on Thursday and the Clippers (37-18 entering Sunday night) on Friday.

Washington has one victory against a team above .500 — a 137-123 win over Indiana on Dec. 15.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
GHRDHKVXUAA3abF
GHRDHKTXIAA2JoW
GHRDHKPXAAAZJec

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
This is why when people disrespect real Black men like Bill Russell it pisses me off. Fans just forget all the foul ahit Kobe said, and did to real persons, real Black people.

Kobe versus Lebron as a representation of Black people is just not close. We give light to straight fuck shit with Kobe. This dude hated Black people :thefinger: .

There's a reason the white people on this board never use Kareem or Bill Russell to clown LeBron even though they have more rings. But do use MJ, Kobe, and Steph. They know who the real coons are and which Black athletes hate themselves and their community the most. :yes:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
This team might fuck around and hit a stride at just the right time now that some of the younger players are getting more playing time, and the older players are strengthening the bench.

The flip side is that chemistry had just gotten good and will now be disrupted by CP3's slower pace and adding he and GP2 to a rotation that already didn't have enough minutes to go around.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
The flip side is that chemistry had just gotten good and will now be disrupted by CP3's slower pace and adding he and GP2 to a rotation that already didn't have enough minutes to go around.
I mean he's not starting so idk that it will be that much of an issue when some of the bench is older anyway lol. I think it will be fine.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

It doesn't take Bob Woodward to uncover this scandal... This should be a top sports story of the decade-- It is blatant & constant cheating.

@Costanza why did you dodge my Kobe Trayvon post? You were in here implying LeBron was a coon earlier this year, and you made a thread about coons as well. But no comment on him shitting on Trayvon? See, as a white male, that's not gonna bother you or strike a cord with you what he said. You've never been a young Black teenager that's gotten profiled. Listening to rap music and saying "nigga" on message boards is one thing, but being saddened by a coon's own self hatred is another. Kobe's mean faces after scoring mean more to you than Trayvon's life. :yes:

See how you have to hide Kobe's actions and lie to make him seem like a better person than he was? Dude was trash, and I took his advice, just cuz he's Black American and I am too doesn't mean I'm posed to feel sorry for him being in a helicopter crash. How progressive would that be right? :rolleyes:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

I see the nearly 40 year old deleted his emotional outburst on Twitter.

Weird that a guy who has been famous more than half his life doesn't understand how fame works-- He thinks he can hype his kid up as better than current NBA players but the whole world is supposed to keep his son's name out their mouths when it comes to... a mock draft. :cmonson:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I see the nearly 40 year old deleted his emotional outburst on Twitter.

Weird that a guy who has been famous more than half his life doesn't understand how fame works-- He thinks he can hype his kid up as better than current NBA players but the whole world is supposed to keep his son's name out their mouths when it comes to... a mock draft. :cmonson:

Run, run, run lil wigger. :lol:

Kobe dissed Trayvon, then that karma came back at him. Slit his fucking throat and took his daughter with him. LeBron is 30 times the parent Kobe was. Kobe put his daughter in danger, Bron out here protecting his son from his. Bron wouldn't never do no shit like put his child on a dangerous aircraft. :smh:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
He can't have it both ways lol

Yes he can. He's supporting his son in his endeavors. Bron haters coming for Bronny actually makes his brand more sympathetic to people, and it's not like it's stopping Bronny from going to the NBA. :lol: Imagine if people that hated Kobe clowned Gigi.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
Yes he can. He's supporting his son in his endeavors. Bron haters coming for Bronny actually makes his brand more sympathetic to people, and it's not like it's stopping Bronny from going to the NBA. :lol: Imagine if people that hated Kobe clowned Gigi.
You can't shit on active NBA players and then go oh he's just supporting his son. Once you open that box you have to be prepared for the criticism that comes along with that.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
You can't shit on active NBA players and then go oh his just supporting his son. Once you open that box you have to be prepared for the criticism that comes along with that.

Bronny has been getting hated on since he was 14. Are you really gonna lie and pretend it started when Bron tweeted that two months ago? White people are so racist and anti-Black American family, they root against Black athletes kids. :lol: Bronny almost died 6 months ago and hasn't said a word.