{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Looking like the Lakers & GS will be the 9th & 10th seeds. I like the Lakers, (my team LOL), winning. I can see the Mavs beating the Kings then the Kings vs Lakers for the 8th seed. AE is down so OKC may end up with the #1 seed. I like the Lakers chances against OKC or the Wolves in the 1st round. Stay away from the Nuggets until the WCF.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

AQV9L.gif

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Looking like the Lakers & GS will be the 9th & 10th seeds. I like the Lakers, (my team LOL), winning. I can see the Mavs beating the Kings then the Kings vs Lakers for the 8th seed. AE is down so OKC may end up with the #1 seed. I like the Lakers chances against OKC or the Wolves in the 1st round. Stay away from the Nuggets until the WCF.

I really hope y’all get the Twolves. Smack them up real quick

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
And you accuse me of strawman arguments? :smh:

The presence of luck should not be confused with discounting a players very unique accomplishments as a result of mere luck.

There’s no such thing as “very unique,” adjective lover. Something either is unique or it isn’t.

Another adjective issue— “mere” seems to be your favorite word. But nobody said mere luck, that LeBron is just lucky. The longevity and durability argument does hinge on luck, though, and a star, today, suffering the type of misfortune James never endured, underscores that reality.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There’s no such thing as “very unique,” adjective lover. Something either is unique or it isn’t.
2 things..

1. Adding a modifier to "unique" is common as its use varies and emphasis and context can be added.
2. Call me lover again and i will make it my lifes mission to track you down and put a bullet in your fat gut.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Moses Moody hits a 3 to tie the game and the crowd goes wild, this is a home game for the Warriors.

The applause Steph got coming back into the game in the 4th was crazy.

Way more people in DC came out to see Steph and were rooting for Steph than for the home team. Not close.

How many other cities are home games for the Warriors?

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I also wonder which team in history got the most love on the road.

Jordan’s Bulls, the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, the Kobe post-Shaq Lakers, the Heatles, the Warriors… Any other contenders?

I don’t think the Spurs or Celtics were ever a comparable road attraction.

Maybe the LeBron Lakers got fucked by the timing of their (asterisk) title and the pandemic— Have they gotten the road love an LA team with a superstar would be expected to?

I think the formula is attention x love… Hard for me to believe any of these groups got the unadulterated love Steph does, though Jordan was a bigger star so maybe that circus was a different animal.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Jordan’s Bulls, the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, the Kobe post-Shaq Lakers, the Heatles, the Warriors… Any other contenders?

Maybe the LeBron Lakers got fucked by the timing of their (asterisk) title and the pandemic— Have they gotten the road love an LA team with a superstar would be expected to?

I think the formula is attention x love… Hard for me to believe any of these groups got the unadulterated love Steph does, though Jordan was a bigger star so maybe that circus was a different animal.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Steph Curry's extended family on both sides is from nearby Virginia who doesn't have an NBA team. I need you to relax. Show us Steph Curry drawing crowds of basketball fans outside of the NBA season...

Earlier this month in NYC....