{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Sorry Eddie. I was there. Redick would have been a top 7 shooting guard in the 90s. Your league had Vinnie Del Negro and Jeff Hornachek starting and nobody "tested" them.
Why in the absolute FUCK do you think this non defense playing soft ass era of basketball is so good? Cuz 7 footers can shoot 3’s now? Cuz the players are more athletic? Nigga the pussy ass defense they play now any body can fucking play in this league. You don’t have to be supremely skilled.

Do you not see how the league is watered down with this Eurostepping, traveling, double dribbling, push off style of basketball they play? Can’t lay a finger on the player with the ball but he can use his offhand to shield you? Fuck is that. Took away hand checking on defense only to allow a version of it on offense.

Cut the bullshit for real

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Sorry man, Paolo called Bron the GOAT unapologetically his rookie year, and his game resembles his in some ways. He needs to do like Ant did and stop name dropping him in interviews. Start name dropping Mike and Kobe as your inspirations and how they are always with you on the court in spirit or some shit. :lol: Also you need to get rid of those shit locks on your head. Wild hair on Blacks scares white people. Cut your hair into a nice fade like Ant did (or even a baldy, signaling conformity like in antebellum times), and the endorsements and white people will come. :yes:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
So its ridiculous to hold incompetent whites accountable for their GM'ing malpractice which resulted in absolutely horrendous draft picks and player acquisition for a near decade before LeBron rescued the franchise from the gutter?

1- I only see you talking about whites in management when you’re talking LeBron. Feels like you’re cheapening a very serious matter by weaponizing it for trivial means. The racial composition of management is not just a league-wide problem but a problem across sports. One would think the Lakers were an outlier from reading your posts.

2. I don’t see how pre-LeBron incompetence is relevant to a conversation about the merits of mortgaging the future for a player with a history of leaving for greener pastures.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why in the absolute FUCK do you think this non defense playing soft ass era of basketball is so good? Cuz 7 footers can shoot 3’s now? Cuz the players are more athletic? Nigga the pussy ass defense they play now any body can fucking play in this league. You don’t have to be supremely skilled.
Because its objectively better and ive seen more live basketball than youve seen if you live two life times. Guard play in indisputably better today. I just named two long time starting shooting guards from MJs prime. Neither would sniff the court today. We can make an argument about 90s bigs.. but guard play today is markedly better. Skill and talent.

As for defense.. turn on a game from the 90s and watch as no one guards the 3 point line and, movement is stagnate, and how packed inside the arc is. Todays players have to extend defense beyond the arc. No longer can you win a game playing bully ball and first to 85 points win. Its ok to admit the game is better today. The NBA is the only professional league that sells fools like you and Costanza on the myth that todays game and athletes have actually regressed and are lesser than guys from 30 years prior. A league heavily populated with white Americans and drug addicts mind you. Do you know how fucking absurd that is?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
1- I only see you talking about whites in management when you’re talking LeBron.
Yes you dumb bitch because all the criticism from LeBron critics focuses on HIM and not the fault that should rightfully be assessed to others. And miss me with the accusations of selectively calling out racial bias.. I do it all over this fucking board and have for 20 years. You're full of shit.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
2. I don’t see how pre-LeBron incompetence is relevant to a conversation about the merits of mortgaging the future for a player with a history of leaving for greener pastures.
When has he left for greener pastures? He actually leaves for deserts and creates greener pastures. He spent 7 years in Cleveland where his all time greatness was so poorly mismanaged that the best player he was paired with was a 400lb Shaq or Mo Williams if that makes it better. He then went to a lottery team in Miami where he built a winner. As a free agent he back to a shit show of a Cleveland team that had won the lottery a historic 3 times in 4 years-yet were still bottom feeding scum- and again built a title team from nothing. And when he begged the GM to not trade Kyrie for a bag of chips he still took the team to a finals where he was met wit arguably the best team in NBA history that was assembled with two top 5 players specifically to beat him. He then left as a free agent and went to another shit show he turned into a title team.

You niggas cant even be honest in your critiques.. Either that or you're too fucking stupid to see the historical sports record for what it is.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
When has he left for greener pastures? He actually leaves for deserts and creates greener pastures. He spent 7 years in Cleveland where his all time greatness was so poorly mismanaged that the best player he was paired with was a 400lb Shaq or Mo Williams if that makes it better. He then went to a lottery team in Miami where he built a winner. As a free agent he back to a shit show of a Cleveland team that had won the lottery a historic 3 times in 4 years-yet were still bottom feeding scum- and again built a title team from nothing. And when he begged the GM to not trade Kyrie for a bag of chips he still took the team to a finals where he was met wit arguably the best team in NBA history that was assembled with two top 5 players specifically to beat him. He then left as a free agent and went to another shit show he turned into a title team.

You niggas cant even be honest in your critiques.. Either that or you're too fucking stupid to see the historical sports record for what it is.
Damn

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

friday-hot-clicks-mike-bibby-jacked-photojpg.jpg

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Because its objectively better and ive seen more live basketball than youve seen if you live two life times. Guard play in indisputably better today. I just named two long time starting shooting guards from MJs prime. Neither would sniff the court today. We can make an argument about 90s bigs.. but guard play today is markedly better. Skill and talent.

As for defense.. turn on a game from the 90s and watch as no one guards the 3 point line and, movement is stagnate, and how packed inside the arc is. Todays players have to extend defense beyond the arc. No longer can you win a game playing bully ball and first to 85 points win. Its ok to admit the game is better today. The NBA is the only professional league that sells fools like you and Costanza on the myth that todays game and athletes have actually regressed and are lesser than guys from 30 years prior. A league heavily populated with white Americans and drug addicts mind you. Do you know how fucking absurd that is?

It’s not about “lesser”. Today’s athletes are obviously more athletic and more talented. I don’t defend the 90’s as much as the 2000’s cuz I wasn’t there for the 90’s but no way in hell would I take today’s style of play over the 2000’s. And no way would I say it was easier or more watered down back then either. Europeans taking over the NBA and bringing that style of ball over to the states. It’s trash.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
He's a Kobe stan masquerading as a McNuggets fan. It's mad corny. :smh:

There’s a special Venn diagram of delusion between this thread and the Democratic Party in how senile Nancy Pelosi claims protesters are agents of Putin and how nutty KingTaharqa accuses MHC of pretending to be a Nuggets fan.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Why are people acting like this was a blowout or flat out domination? Wolves needed 43 from Ant to beat the Nuggets with a hobbled Jamal Murray. If Jamal Murray was even close to himself, the Nuggets win that game. Jamal being hurt is concerning but nobody is afraid.
Man these folks wilding, some have actually said sweep. Wolves do have the size though, to give Denver comp. But Denver gone win it

Lakers were too small

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I just spent prime weekend hours watching two not particularly compelling teams play a first round basketball game and this fool has the nerve to say I don’t enjoy modern basketball at all.

You're simply hate watching. Holding on to basketball from last century and the first decade of this one. Donovan is in his 7th season and 7th straight playoff and you still not letting him have his own identity. Again, you Gen X and Xennials are gonna have it rough in old age now that young people fully accept how selfish you've been to them. Robbed them of their spotlight and proper respect to blow dickheads that aren't connected to the game anymore.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I’m being selfish by comparing Mitchell to Kobe? Who the fuck do you think I am— Vanessa Bryant???

Yes you are being selfish. Stealth marketing Kobe every playoff behind winning players and big performances so he can stay relevant. Instead of letting them have their own identity. Then quickly discard them when they start losing or lose in the Finals. :lol:

Thankfully Bron is the most famous athlete in the world and has the most presence online and doesn't have to do split face pics, "the closest thing to" narratives, and clout chasing younger guys to sell product. Cleveland just won their first playoff series in 31 years without LeBron on their roster, but you don't see me robbing Donovan of his shine. He deserves to have his own story and moment. He been doing this. :yes:

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Do you not see how the league is watered down with this Eurostepping, traveling, double dribbling, push off style of basketball they play? Can’t lay a finger on the player with the ball but he can use his offhand to shield you? Fuck is that. Took away hand checking on defense only to allow a version of it on offense.

Cut the bullshit for real
Couldn’t say it any better. I have no idea what games these guys are watching. The game today is almost UNWATCHABLE due to the lack of defense.

If you loved basketball in the 90s, there’s no way you feel the same today. NO WAY

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
That would depend on what role he'd be willing to accept. If he'd accept the role of vet/player coach while coming off of the bench, I'd love to see him on the team.
:idea:

Not the “hell no” I was looking for… But I kind of interpret that as a “no” because vet off the bench role probably also means vet off the bench money, which wouldn’t get you Klay IMO.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
:idea:

Not the “hell no” I was looking for… But I kind of interpret that as a “no” because vet off the bench role probably also means vet off the bench money, which wouldn’t get you Klay IMO.

Lol.

Throwing a bunch of cash at him would be a hell no for me.

We have a chance to go after guys like PG13 or Derozan. We need consistent shooters (which Klay isn't anymore). We need a true point guard.

Giving Klay a lot of money would mean sacrificing one of our other needs.

I'm honestly not in favor of going all in for one player no matter who they are.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It’s not about “lesser”. Today’s athletes are obviously more athletic and more talented. I don’t defend the 90’s as much as the 2000’s cuz I wasn’t there for the 90’s but no way in hell would I take today’s style of play over the 2000’s. And no way would I say it was easier or more watered down back then either. Europeans taking over the NBA and bringing that style of ball over to the states. It’s trash.
What europeans are taking over? There are over 500 players in the NBA. Every year for the last near 20 years we have had a hand full of europeans drafted and nearly all have flamed out. They have a obscene flop rate. Currently in a league of nearly 600 we have TWO euros who constantly play at all all star level. TWO! What are they taking over exactly?

And yes it was more watered down in the 90s because the talent simply was not there and yet the league still expanded based on growth largely caused by the leagues promotion of Jordan. Teams had dedicated slots for goons and enforcers for gods sake. You cannot do that today for two reasons; 1) the rules dont allow for the physicality and 2) all slots have to be dedicated to actual skilled players and wings who can shoot and handle.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Couldn’t say it any better. I have no idea what games these guys are watching. The game today is almost UNWATCHABLE due to the lack of defense.
Lot easier to defend guys who cant shoot or dribble.

1991 was Jordans first title and prime year. The second best SG in the league was Clyde Drexler.