{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And this is why I dont put Lebron in the same claaa with MJ and Kobe
Anyway still wedging Kobe into the discussion is a fool that should not be taken seriously. Its almost as if his death made a devout group of idiots forget his prime overlapped with LeBron and he played in the same NBA and only managed to win one MVP while being the second best player on his team during 4 of 5 title finals.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Ohtani is doing what the bambino was doing and it took over 100+ years to do so

He did this over 700 times ^^^

I think you're missing my point I'm trying to make, and in turn missing all the points being made lol

Baseball/basketball/football players of today are bigger, stronger, faster and better in every way shape or form. The reason it took 100 years years to achieve that again is because since the days of babe Ruth there's a little innovation that happened in the league called... Black people being allowed to play, babe Ruth played against part timers so of course he was able to set the bar high, if I was a boxer and fought middle schoolers i would probably be able to go 100-0 with 100 koes, doesn't mean my record makes me better than floyd. Bringing it back to basketball, of course it's going to be harder for someone to score 100 in a game like wilt did or any other old record because the competition and talent is not only better but now also international, there has never been better scouting, better feeder leagues, better training ever in the history of the game. Basketball is the only sport where I hear not only fans, but media members constantly debating the obvious.

It's also the reason that there's so much injuries these days, players have never been faster and more explosive than today. The things ja morrant does would have been looked at as which craft in a certain era lol

I respect all eras because it got us where we are today, but imo the debates are pointless and silly, especially if we're going to continue to deny reality.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The problem with the "past is better" folks is they never show VIDEO EVIDENCE of this, just WORDS and "trust me bro". They can't even show us what they claim, only post LeBron James blooper reels, which have been edited and cover 21 years of basketball. We have to be honest, Nike and Air Jordan raised a generation of LIARS that just don't know how to act in good faith if they tried. Lying is apart of that legacy. Sports media is the only folks OFFLINE that argue the past was better and even that is in a controlled environment, everyone else its strictly online, and that's because it's easier to lie online. I never meet people at actual games who think basketball 30 years ago was better.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Anyway still wedging Kobe into the discussion is a fool that should not be taken seriously. Its almost as if his death made a devout group of idiots forget his prime overlapped with LeBron and he played in the same NBA and only managed to win one MVP while being the second best player on his team during 4 of 5 title finals.

CORNBREAD is another alt character. Its not a real person.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Kendrick and Drake's buzz is bigger than the 2024 NBA Playoffs right now. BGOL would stlll rather talk Bron legacy over any active series. :roflmao2:

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
soapbox-preach.gif

This thread is severely suffering under the weight of a few posters and it gets crazier every night. Games tend to end between midnight and 1am.

At that point, the thread is then continuously bumped by one poster flooding the board with every basketball-related meme from Twitter. Most of which are barely Twitter funny (i.e. something you look at once and maybe get a lite chuckle).

Then around 6am another poster comes in to flood the thread with every Lebron talking point that is floating on Twitter. I'm not sure if this person wakes up with Lebron on the mind or what.

To be honest, I'm not sure if either of these posters are actual people. They never seem to post anything during games, which makes me think that they don't actually watch the modern NBA. I'm starting to think these posters might be A.I. chat bots sent from Twitter.

Either way, every night after the games go off and the real discussions end, this thread jumps about 2-6 pages without a single post of relevance to the 2024 NBA playoffs.

soapbox-preach.gif

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
soapbox-preach.gif

This thread is severely suffering under the weight of a few posters and it gets crazier every night. Games tend to end between midnight and 1am.

At that point, the thread is then continuously bumped by one poster flooding the board with every basketball-related meme from Twitter. Most of which are barely Twitter funny (i.e. something you look at once and maybe get a lite chuckle).

Then around 6am another poster comes in to flood the thread with every Lebron talking point that is floating on Twitter. I'm not sure if this person wakes up with Lebron on the mind or what.

To be honest, I'm not sure if either of these posters are actual people. They never seem to post anything during games, which makes me think that they don't actually watch the modern NBA. I'm starting to think these posters might be A.I. chat bots sent from Twitter.

Either way, every night after the games go off and the real discussions end, this thread jumps about 2-6 pages without a single post of relevance to the 2024 NBA playoffs.

soapbox-preach.gif
Been saying this, there's a group of people in here who act like LeBron fucked their girlfriend and even though bron is irrelevant and overrated they literally can't stop talking about him long enough to enjoy the NBA and all the amazing talent and balanced team we have coming up.

Then we have a group of people in here who act like LeBron fucked their girlfriend but they paid for it so they can tape it and watch like bullet, and they spend all night and day singing the praise of their lord and saviour like a god damn Jehovah's witness on a Saturday morning while You're trying to sleep in.

This is one of the worst sports threads, which is a shame because there's also a lot of great bgol posters on here talking shit and having fun rivalries about the actual sport we watch. And even some of them get sucked in and start becoming a Bron zombie.

#FreeYourMindOfBron

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
soapbox-preach.gif

soapbox-preach.gif

You cry about what's posted in here but never post anything noteworthy or substantial. All your posts are you crying about how much attention the most famous athlete in the world is getting and how much you miss basketball from your childhood years. I can't recall one noteworthy post in here you've made about what's happening now.

The fact is, Kendrick and Drake's beef is a bigger story online and offline than any playoff series because Nikola Jokic isn't a draw.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Been saying this, there's a group of people in here who act like LeBron fucked their girlfriend and even though bron is irrelevant and overrated they literally can't stop talking about him long enough to enjoy the NBA and all the amazing talent and balanced team we have coming up.

Then we have a group of people in here who act like LeBron fucked their girlfriend but they paid for it so they can tape it and watch like bullet, and they spend all night and day singing the praise of their lord and saviour like a god damn Jehovah's witness on a Saturday morning while You're trying to sleep in.

This is one of the worst sports threads, which is a shame because there's also a lot of great bgol posters on here talking shit and having fun rivalries about the actual sport we watch. And even some of them get sucked in and start becoming a Bron zombie.

#FreeYourMindOfBron

There's nothing stopping you guys from posting other topics, you're just not knowledgeable enough, and you know nobody cares. LeBron will always be the chief discussion, he's the only active player with a legacy and nobody else playing today is a draw.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ANT Rules

Nuggets know physicality, stopping Edwards' supporting cast are keys to tying series with Wolves​

Sunday, May 5th 2024, 3:55 PM EDT
Updated:
Sunday, May 5th 2024, 4:45 PM EDT

3/3

By ARNIE STAPLETONAP Sports Writer

DENVER (AP) — The reigning NBA champions could be facing an early exit if they don't bring more urgency and physicality into their series with Minnesota.

While Anthony Edwards was leading Minnesota's efficient offense, the Timberwolves' trio of towers hounded MVP favorite Nikola Jokic into 14 missed shots and seven turnovers in their 106-99 win in Game 1.

The rotation of Karl-Anthony Towns, Rudy Gobert and Naz Reid confounded Jokic and underscored the Wolves' deeper bench, bigger lineup and more physical approach in the opener.

Jokic will have to figure out a way to counter that terrific trio in Game 2 on Monday night in order to send the series to Minneapolis knotted up.

Answers don't come easily.

“To have a duplicate clone of myself,” Jokic cracked after pondering the riddle for several seconds. “And then I can ... be fresh when they sub another guy.”

It'll be a serious matter come tipoff Monday night.

“Well, there's only one Nikola Jokic,” Nuggets coach Michael Malone said Sunday. "Obviously, everything he brings to the table on both ends of the floor is pretty unique, so as far as asking someone else on our roster to go in there and do what Nikola does may be a stretch.

“But what's not a stretch is for anybody to go into the game and play with a lot more physicality, play with a lot more urgency, play with a lot more discipline."

All were lacking as the Nuggets lost a Game 1 for the first time in two years.

“Now it's a new challenge,” Malone said. “So, let's embrace that. We are down, didn't want to be, but we are. So, let's fight like hell tomorrow night and leave it all out there.”

If only the Nuggets could get a healthier version of point guard Jamal Murray, who was rusty and still bothered by his strained left calf Saturday night, going scoreless in the first half and getting targeted repeatedly after halftime by the Wolves' pick-and-rolls that produced so many good looks.

Murray said everybody's fighting through ailments this time of year and he's no different, but he insisted he'll be fine for Game 2 after logging 35 minutes in Game 1.

The Wolves shot 71% in the second half and snatched a page from Denver's playbook by using an 8-0 spurt to break open the back-and-forth game in the closing minutes.

“Just watching the league the whole season, Denver is THE best team at executing down the stretch,” Wolves guard Kyle Anderson said Sunday. "They do such a good job. It's like uncanny at times, they're so good down the stretch. We were able to execute offensively and defensively. It was pretty impressive because you're so used to watching Denver pull out the win.”

Also Monday night, the Indiana Pacers and the New York Knicks renew their storied rivalry as they open their best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series at Madison Square Garden.

TIMBERWOLVES AT NUGGETS

Timberwolves lead 1-0. Game 2, 10 p.m., TNT

— NEED TO KNOW: The Nuggets realize a faster start will be their best counter to the athletic and loaded Timberwolves lineup. They've trailed by big margins in the first quarter of all six of their playoff games and allowed Minnesota to get off to an 18-4 start in Game 1. No more cruising, no more pacing was the message during film review Sunday. “We have to do a better job, and our starters in particular have to do a better job of being ready to play and setting a tone early," Malone said. "What are we waiting for?”

— KEEP AN EYE ON: Edwards' supporting cast that came up so big in the second half, which was a bigger thorn in Malone's side than Edwards' 43 points. "This may sound strange but he's going to get his,” Malone said. “But you look at the third quarter. Mike Conley had 11 points, did not miss a shot, Karl-Anthony Towns had 11 points, did not miss a shot. Fourth quarter, Naz Reid had 14 points, went 6 for 7. Those are the guys that we have to find a way to shut down.”

INJURY WATCH: Murray's strained left calf robbed him of his usual burst to the basket and explosion off the dribble. His zero points at halftime marked his first scoreless half in 59 career playoff games.

PRESSURE IS ON: The Nuggets. They have to even things up before the series shifts to Minneapolis or this could indeed be an early exit for the defending champs, who would need to beat Edwards four times in five tries otherwise.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
KingLeDickGobbler has been on ignore but I bet his LeBron obsessed ass is already in here defending his love.

Funny thing is I'm a giant Lakers fan and a giant LeBron fan who will without hesitation state that he's the single greatest basketball player to ever walk the planet and that Jordan is wildly overrated but even I can't stand this fucking psycho ex girlfriend acting ass mother fucker.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
This is why I laughed at cats celebrating the Lakers losing as if that was gonna make LeBron talk go away. No little nigga, him being eliminated shows us how unimportant the playoffs are. :lol:

Bron in his 21st season and white boys have to guilt shame us not to talk about him. :roflmao:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
KingLeDickGobbler has been on ignore but I bet his LeBron obsessed ass is already in here defending his love.

Funny thing is I'm a giant Lakers fan and a giant LeBron fan who will without hesitation state that he's the single greatest basketball player to ever walk the planet and that Jordan is wildly overrated but even I can't stand this fucking psycho ex girlfriend acting ass mother fucker.

You're a Kobe stan coping. Who also brings 0 value or info to the thread. Get in line with rest of them white man. Yall come a dime a dozen on BGOL. :lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
We ain’t winning shit. Bron is the worst thing to happen to us in years. Bron, Ad, Kuzma, green, and what maybe korver? Where’s Kobe at? Someone call his ass and see if he’s in shape. Doomed.

Lord Sinister even gave him a like for that post in 2019 @Amajorfucup. After 4 straight seasons of less than 24 wins he deemed Bron the worst thing to happen to the Lakers. Now he's pretending he's a non-biased voice of reason. :lol:

Man idk how long I sat in shock when I read that news, as a lakers fan this man was like superman to me when I was younger. The amount of joy watching him play, win those chips and then watching him after his career was just amazing. the way he seemed to be with his daughters and supported women's basketball with his daughters in mind was admirable as fuck, respect and love for kobe forever. Crazy that he's gone, always thought we'd all get to see him continue to do great things in to his old age. Sad it wasn't meant to be Rip mamba.

This was in 2021. Like I said, another lying Kobe stan. Kobe was a liar himself so it's par for the course. They all act in bad faith and use deception because Kobe's Brand is fueled by anti-Blackness and white supremacy. Dickeaters ain't never giving up that dead dick. :yes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The Kendrick and Drake thread is getting waaaaaaaaaaaay more engagement than this one. That shit increased like 10 pages last night. :yes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I'm a life long Laker fan, and I'd personally put Kobe on the list over Jerry West. But I honestly can't argue against your list. I think that Kobe would make it on my list over West just because I grew up watching Kobe. But as a fan of the game, I can't be mad at your list at all.

Solid defense at the end.

Jason Tatum is going to be a problem for year to come. I definitely see Kobe's influence in his play style. I hope he doesn't still a Celtic forever.

:lol:

That's crazy you mention drawing. I've been drawing too. I got a couple ideas for some new tattoos and I've been working on those. I'm currently working on a two piece Kobe tribute.

DICKEATER

I think that's the biggest misunderstanding casual fans have with the Kobe/Shaq beef. Kobe never disliked playing with Shaq. He just wanted Shaq to take shit more seriously instead of depending on his natural size and strength advantages.

And like you said, had Shaq took his conditioning as seriously as Kobe, that shit would have been scary. The only thing that would have been able to stop the Lakers at that point would have been injuries.

More dickeating from the Kobe stan. He talking like he was the Kobe whisperer in this post.

All these Kobe stans are miserable because Beans importance is diminishing and Bron is becoming the face of the Lakers for this young generation. They better pray he retires like I think he will so Jeanie don't give him another max contract or :itsawrap:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor

Kobe was robbed of multiple MVP’s just like Lebron robbed others of MVP’s. He had ZERO business winning MVP in Miami. How the fuck you assemble a Superteam and have the nerve to call yourself MVP? Steve Nash over Kobe for MVP. If you rock with that, YOU are the idiot that doesn’t deserve discussion.

So the Lakers 3 peat without Kobe? Win the other 2 with just Gasol?

Lebron wins the NBA Finals without another Superstar or TWO?

No they don’t Youngblood

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Kobe was robbed of multiple MVP’s just like Lebron robbed others of MVP’s. He had ZERO business winning MVP in Miami. How the fuck you assemble a Superteam and have the nerve to call yourself MVP? Steve Nash over Kobe for MVP. If you rock with that, YOU are the idiot that doesn’t deserve discussion.

So the Lakers 3 peat without Kobe? Win the other 2 with just Gasol?

Lebron wins the NBA Finals without another Superstar or TWO?

No they don’t Youngblood

Denver McNuggets are down 0-1 and play tonight. LordSinister logging in as a fake McNuggets fan posting bout Kobe isn't fooling anybody bruh. Use your other account to ride that dead dick faggit!