{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Been saying this, there's a group of people in here who act like LeBron fucked their girlfriend and even though bron is irrelevant and overrated they literally can't stop talking about him long enough to enjoy the NBA and all the amazing talent and balanced team we have coming up.

Then we have a group of people in here who act like LeBron fucked their girlfriend but they paid for it so they can tape it and watch like bullet, and they spend all night and day singing the praise of their lord and saviour like a god damn Jehovah's witness on a Saturday morning while You're trying to sleep in.

This is one of the worst sports threads, which is a shame because there's also a lot of great bgol posters on here talking shit and having fun rivalries about the actual sport we watch. And even some of them get sucked in and start becoming a Bron zombie.

#FreeYourMindOfBron

:roflmao:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The Kobe era was longer and better and he beat wayyyyy better teams.

From ‘96-‘16 the lakers was championship contenders

Just like ‘14-present with the warriors

Kobe Era:
Summer 2004-Beg Mike Krzyzewski to coach Kobe for 5 years, $40 mill. He declines. :lol:

2005-Drove Rudy T to the bottle and quit, Frank Hamblin had to step in. 34-48 Missed playoffs.

2006-Beg Phil back and pay him $10 mill a year to coach Kobe. Choke away 3-1 series lead in first round to MVP Nash and Raja Bell.

2007-Finish 2 games above .500, lost to Nash and Raja Bell again in the first round in less games (5).

2008-Steal regular season MVP from Chris Paul who had a better season but Buss and Lakers sent out press releases guilt shaming voters, so Bean wins his only MVP. Then loses by 40 in Game 6 NBA Finals elimination game and gets Paul Pierce into the HOF.

2009-Wins first championship as the lead dog. Has his best NBA Finals performance against a Magic team with Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston, and JJ Redick guarding him.

2010-Chokes in Game 7 of NBA Finals missing 3x as many shots as he made but is bailed out by teammates Pau Gasol and Ron Artest in the clutch. He then robs Pau Gasol of Finals MVP who had a better game score thru out the series and was more impactful. Kobe becomes the only Finals MVP to never shoot over 50% in any game, and shoots a shitty 40.5% for the series.

2011-Swept out of the 2nd round by JJ Barea and Jason Terry. Phil Jackson retires from coaching with 6 more rings and Finals appearances than the rapist.

2012-Failed super team of 4 HOFers/5 all stars (Kobe, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, Antawn Jamison), and a DPOY (Ron Artest). Gentleman swept by KD and Russ in the 2nd round. Last playoff series ever at age 33.

2013-Get Mike Brown fired 6 games in. Then Bernie Bickerstaff 5 games later. Bring in D'Antoni. Struggle to make the playoffs as a 7th seed, Kobe gets hurt tryna keep up with Heatles Bron. Doesn't play in first round sweep to Spurs.

2014-Plays 6 games. Lakers go 27-55. Miss the playoffs.

2015-Plays 35 games. 22 points per game on 37.3 FG%, 29.3 3PT%. Kobe has no lateral quickness, so he's a cone on defense. Lakers go 21-61. Miss the playoffs.

2016-The farewell tour. Plays 66 games. 17.6 points per game on 35.8 FG%, 28.5 3PT% on 7 attempts a game. Still a cone on defense. Lakers go 17-65. Miss the playoffs

So in total:
12 seasons
2 championships
1 Finals MVP
2 scoring titles
0 seasons shooting above 50%
4 times missed the playoffs
182 possible games missed

This is what @shaddyvillethug argues not only is the greatest story in Laker history, but the greatest story ever told in NBA history. :roflmao2: Kobe's body of work sucks as a lead dog. :smh:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yawl played against a sexual harasser who was not focused on coaching or basketball at all.

And please, yawl the warriors, what is a pop up championship when yawl are light years ahead of the entire NBA???

#73-9
A win is a win right ?! Warriors won 4 in their era and went to 6; should have won more! the last dynasty in the nba! Hadn’t been a dynasty since the spurs or lakers right?! Show me the last team that went to 6 finals in 7 or 8 years…

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Take it up with the voting committee my man. The numbers are the numbers. The Colorado Rapist has ONE got dam MVP. Make all the excuses you want.

And the only thing super about any of them teams was LeBron. All of them without him showed that.

Now imagine if you were this passionate about the fucking Nuggets you little bitch you. They won a ring and we couldn't get you to type this much. :lol:

The Ring spoke for me. The leading post in this thread typed for me. I could be annoying but I choose not to be. Everybody know what it is with me when it comes to them Nugget boyz. Win or lose, Nuggets over everybody.

I could make 50 posts a day about the Nuggets and I still wouldn’t be halfway to catching up to the Lebron slurping posts in this thread. Sad.

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:roflmao:
I'm riding with jimmy though

giphy.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend