Thats a weird looking dude lol

200w.gif

20240131220156-65bb165d7401404fa5a789bejpeg.jpg;w=960

XZSJSLQOBJNMFCYQ6YPRLT2H5Y.jpg

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
2015 warriors >>>> 1991 showtime lakers
This shouldn't even be a controversial take lol

That's what I've been saying in this thread constantly when people waste time comparing different generations, humans are only getting bigger, faster, stronger, they have the benefit of advanced statistics, advanced medicine and sports science, advanced performance enhancing drugs ECT Of course a super team from 2015 would wipe the floor with a old timer basket all squad, And I'm a Lakers fan lol

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They just will not stop settling for 3s. Bad threes at that.
It's not just them, It's the whole league, It's as If Adam Silver had a meeting with all the NBA coaches and told them he wants each team to jack up a minimum of 40 threes per game, and don't worry bullshit defense will be played where all 5 defenders will clog the paint giving help and looking for rebounds allowing wing shooters to be free to take more threes.:dunno:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
52 year old Shaq bragging bout his rings to Shannon Sharpe...

Dude acts like a teenager. Typical Gen X underachiever. :smh:

What's crazy, I heard Shannon and he didn't say anything Kobe or even himself said....

All Shannon said was if Shaq had a better work ethic he would be talked in the GOAT conversation and would have like 7 or more rings....HE aint lying and Shaq even said himself his work ethic in his prime was TRASH....

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10 takeaways from tonight in the NBA:

1) Never a good thing when players get ruled out quickly. Happened last night when OG Anunoby exited with a hammy strain. Now he’s getting ruled out way in advance of Game 3 and is already unlikely for Game 4. Don’t gotta be an expert to read these tea leaves. I don’t know how much more this team can handle. Or should I say how many more minutes they can handle?

Guessing Precious Achiuwa starts at PF with Sims backing up Hartenstein at the five.

“I’m playing 48 minutes anyways.” - Josh Hart

2) In the least surprising news of the week, Frank Vogel’s out as Suns' head coach. Something had to change and their hands were pretty much tied when it came to roster changes. You could tell that his players weren’t buying what he was selling near the halfway point of the season. Gotta ask the question though... We sure it’s not a player issue? Their next head coach will be Devin Booker’s seventh in his 10 seasons. I’m only asking.

Mike Budenholzer’s the heavy fav to replace Vogel. Have we seen the last of the fourth quarter Suns?

3) Jayson Tatum (25 points) was able to get to the line (9-11 FT) but he’s still having a hard time out there. He’s averaging 19.8 points on 54.1 TS% since hurting his ankle in Game 4 against Miami. He’s really gotta stop attacking the Max Strus matchup cause it’s not working.

“I know how to score the ball.” - Jayson Tatum on his shooting struggles

4) Derrick White (10 points) finally fell back to earth. Celtics as a whole shot 22.9% (8-35) from 3, their worst 3-point shooting performance since 2/27. I mean, look at this...

Jayson Tatum: 2-5 3PT
Jaylen Brown: 0-6 3PT
Derrick White: 1-8 3PT
Jrue Holiday: 0-2 3PT

3-point variance is a bitch.

Mentioned this cool little stat on Tuesday: Celtics have won 21 straight when he attempts a dozen shots. He attempted 11.

“This was an unacceptable performance.” - Jaylen Brown

5) Kristaps Porzingis is finally missed. This wasn’t like Game 2 against Miami, where Boston lost because the Heat made every three. This was actually the opposite despite the Cavs shooting 46.4% from deep. Cleveland went straight at Boston, knowing there was no rim protection inside. They scored 60 of their 118 in the paint (36 in the first half). Most coming from Evan Mobley, who scored a playoff career-high 21 points, and Caris LeVert (21 points).

Mobley was unbelievable, with a team-high 55.1 Net Rating. Might be the best game of his career, considering the stakes. First time in a long while that Boston looked mortal. God, they need Porzingis to have any shot at a title.

6) J.B. Bickerstaff had maybe the most questionable lineup choice I’ve seen this entire postseason. To begin the second quarter, he deployed a small-ball lineup that had Marcus Morris at the five and Georges Niang at the four. No Mobley or Mitchell. I’d be putting it lightly if I said it was a disaster. Boston went on a quick 18-5 run and got back in it. I get that you don’t have many options with Jarrett Allen out, but you can’t be giving the Celtics free reign like that.

Wasn’t all bad for Bickerstaff though. He finally won a road playoff game! Was 0-9 prior to tonight’s win.

Cavs beat the Celtics 118-94.

“We get it. The world thinks we’re never supposed to lose. Supposed to win every game by 25. And it’s just not going to be like that all the time. It’s not going to be easy.” - Jayson Tatum

7) Another Thunder fan made a halfcourt shot for $20K. Already the third time this postseason, which means MidFirst Bank’s in for $60K. Three halfcourt shots in four games!!! They gotta pull their sponsorship before Game 5, no?

8) The P.J. Washington game:

29 PTS
7-11 3PT
11-17 FG

His seven 3's are his most as a Mav. Gotta love the confidence and aggression. Shot it every time he felt open without any hesitation. Tim Hardaway Jr. had a night as well, scoring 17 (18 minutes). Scored 8 points in his previous three playoff games combined. Felt like every shot killed whatever momentum OKC had.

Real quick, you can’t tell from the box score but Kyrie was excellent tonight. Scored only 9 points but played incredible defense. Made every pass too (11 assists).

“Luka and Kai bring so much attention to the team, so the corner three is wide open. I was just knocking down shots and credit to them for finding me and hopefully it keeps going.” - P.J. Washington on why he was so successful in Game 2

9) “Luka sucks!” - Paycom Center

Why?

Scores 16 (4-5 3PT) in the first quarter. Finishes with 29 points on 66.3 TS% to go along with 10 rebounds and three steals. We gotta be averaging about 4.5 in-game injuries to Luka this postseason. I swear, he goes down at least once a quarter.

“Luka what?!” - Luka Doncic to the crowd

10) Second game in a row that Josh Giddey’s (8 points, 2 rebounds) been phased out. Mavs' defense was funneling touches his way and it worked every time. Got subbed out less than four minutes into the game for Jaylin Williams. Aaron Wiggins started the second half. Had to do a double-take but yeah, Giddey was a -20 in just 11 minutes.

Speaking of Aaron Wiggins, Jason Kidd intentionally fouled him with 24 seconds left so he could take out his starters. Wiggins hits both of his meaningless free throws and cashes his 10.5 PRA. Lemme be selfish for a sec and celebrate these little victories.

Mavs beat the Thunder 119-110. First time OKC’s given up 100 in the playoffs.

“Halftime sub is a sub we’ve done for a long time. It’s basically an in-game substitution… We’re gonna keep it fluid.” - Mark Daigneault on starting Aaron Wiggins for Josh Giddey in the second half

So many fun storylines tomorrow. See you soon.