{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's crazy, I heard Shannon and he didn't say anything Kobe or even himself said....

All Shannon said was if Shaq had a better work ethic he would be talked in the GOAT conversation and would have like 7 or more rings....HE aint lying and Shaq even said himself his work ethic in his prime was TRASH....
Didn’t shaq one time while playing made up a fake quote from David Robinson
To beef with him

uWRD1o.gif

I heard what Shannon said about shaq
He didn’t say anything I haven’t heard people say about Shaq before

In fact I remember a segment on undisputed about if shaq wasn’t lazy
How many rings would he had won

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
What's crazy, I heard Shannon and he didn't say anything Kobe or even himself said....

All Shannon said was if Shaq had a better work ethic he would be talked in the GOAT conversation and would have like 7 or more rings....HE aint lying and Shaq even said himself his work ethic in his prime was TRASH....

Shaq has self hate issues. He wants to always belittle Black men publicly but bends over for corporate. Shannon said he may have some envy of Joker and instead of comparing his rings and accolades to him, he deflects and tries to do it with a football HOFer. :smh: Shaq is a Gen X coon.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
52 year old Shaq bragging bout his rings to Shannon Sharpe...

Dude acts like a teenager. Typical Gen X underachiever. :smh:

Shaq is too full of himself to think logically.

When he can’t go to rings to belittle opponents he gotta lie about achievements.

Shannon IS one of the all time top 10 at his position and Shaq is not the greatest center that ever played the game. Ask Hakeem and Kareem or Wilt.

Seems Shaunie’s recent revelation really fucked up his mood.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

When he can’t go to rings to belittle opponents he gotta lie about achievements.

Shannon IS one of the all time top 10 at his position and Shaq is not the greatest center that ever played the game. Ask Hakeem and Kareem or Wilt.

He publicly calls out Black men and claims it's tough love but anytime a Black man critiques him publicly, this is his reaction. Shaq comes across as a dude who dirty macks on women by throwing other men under the bus and dry hating for the pussy.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shaq to Shannon
“I know what you did to get were your at”

We know what shaq did

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor

Agree and disagree.

Shaq is not the greatest center to ever play, but there was a stretch where he was easily the most dominant player the game had ever seen.

Shannon can't make that claim. Is he top 10? Yes he is. But when you equate their peak level performance to their sport, at no time in his career did Shannon get the attention that Shaq got when the games started.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shaq has self hate issues. He wants to always belittle Black men publicly but bends over for corporate. Shannon said he may have some envy of Joker and instead of comparing his rings and accolades to him, he deflects and tries to do it with a football HOFer. :smh: Shaq is a Gen X coon.
You right.

Hell I’ve heard from members of his fraternity that have asked him to do like speaking engagements and etc and he tells them I’m only coming if you cutting me a check.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Agree and disagree.

Shaq is not the greatest center to ever play, but there was a stretch where he was easily the most dominant player the game had ever seen.

Shannon can't make that claim. Is he top 10? Yes he is. But when you equate their peak level performance to their sport, at no time in his career did Shannon get the attention that Shaq got when the games started.

Fuck Shaq. Shaq was dominant cuz he was 7’1 300+ pounds. He was great at bully ball and that’s it. It’s not like he was the most skilled. Shaq is remembered for backing folks down and dunking through them. He wasn’t the greatest passing big man, he couldn’t guard 1-5, he wasn’t a great shooter or FT shooter.

These players today would bring Shaq out to the perimeter and he’d be “BBQ chicken”

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Fuck Shaq. Shaq was dominant cuz he was 7’1 300+ pounds. He was great at bully ball and that’s it. It’s not like he was the most skilled. Shaq is remembered for backing folks down and dunking through them. He wasn’t the greatest passing big man, he couldn’t guard 1-5, he wasn’t a great shooter or FT shooter.

These players today would bring Shaq out to the perimeter and he’d be “BBQ chicken”
Man I'm not disagreeing with ANY of this.

Shaq in today's nba wouldn't be the player he was then and that is 1000% factual.

With that said, that bully ball style worked for him and it did play a huge part in his dominance during his playing days.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Orlando Shaq was more than that and so was Lakers.

but if you can't stop it. It's like how people think of Kareem as just a skyhook.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Shaq has been, and will always be a bitch when it comes to criticism. He has spoken repeatedly on not maximizing his own potential due to poor habits. That shit he said to Joker was weak as fuck, cause he knows Joker is going to end up higher on the food chain when it's all over.

Shaq should be over LeBron, Kareem, Magic and Jordan, but he ate himself out of at least 6 years of his peak.

Sharpe was the greatest TE when he retired. He owned everything single record. The game has changed, so yeah he has slid down the list, but to say he isn't top 50 is crazy. It's also a bullshit comparison since football is 53 per team, basketball is 15. Far less people to compare too.