Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Adam Peters & John Lynch probably did some scouting a year before this draft
So Peters probably had an idea of which players the 49ers liked
And I guess he might have stole a couple from us :(
But we'll see what happens when the season starts

Traditionally Kliff Kingsbury did not use TE's much, with Kyler Murray as QB
They targeted outside the numbers more than the middle of the field
So I'm not sure if thats because of the system, or because Kyler was just short & couldn't see the entire field

Ben Sinnott is like a hybrid Tight End & Fullback
So drafting him would've given us the flexibility to phase out our current aging FB
And just run two TE sets with Kittle & Sinnott
Most teams in the NFL don't really use Fullbacks anymore

Yup and TE was a need for us. B Mitch and Finlay did a good breakdown of the role for Ertz and Ben

BMitch and Finlay: What role will Zach Ertz and Ben Sinnott have on Commanders?​

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@BlackGoku
Fam..... I'm so glad your squad traded McCaffrey to us, LOL :cool:
One of the best mid season trades in 49er history
Hopefully he can stay healthy for the next 4 more years though
But so far so good
And I still can't believe the Panthers traded away McCaffrey, Brian Burns, & DJ Moore :oops:

Not even mad at it..we need more picks to waste...happy for all of them to go to better organizations. You can thank us for evero after tepper fires him next year... :smh:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not even mad at it..we need more picks to waste...happy for all of them to go to better organizations. You can thank us for evero after tepper fires him next year... :smh:

New GM this year. Dan Morgan.....I think he will be much better than the last guy who got fired earlier this year....Atleast he is a former player and worked in Seattle and New England to get some experience....

Random Thought: One thing I noticed in Charlotte, there are no local podcasts that talk about the Panthers nor is there a sports talk show/network that talk about the Panthers....Major opportunity IMO

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Adam Peters & John Lynch probably did some scouting a year before this draft
So Peters probably had an idea of which players the 49ers liked
And I guess he might have stole a couple from us :(
But we'll see what happens when the season starts

Traditionally Kliff Kingsbury did not use TE's much, with Kyler Murray as QB
They targeted outside the numbers more than the middle of the field
So I'm not sure if thats because of the system, or because Kyler was just short & couldn't see the entire field

Ben Sinnott is like a hybrid Tight End & Fullback
So drafting him would've given us the flexibility to phase out our current aging FB
And just run two TE sets with Kittle & Sinnott
Most teams in the NFL don't really use Fullbacks anymore

reminds me of the 2nd coming of Chris cooley, as far as being viewed as a hybrid

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
New GM this year. Dan Morgan.....I think he will be much better than the last guy who got fired earlier this year....Atleast he is a former player and worked in Seattle and New England to get some experience....

Random Thought: One thing I noticed in Charlotte, there are no local podcasts that talk about the Panthers nor is there a sports talk show/network that talk about the Panthers....Major opportunity IMO
I like Kyle Bailey on WFNZ. I've met him a few times. He does a podcast with Roman Harper and they talk about everything

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
them dudes (the whole offense if i'm being honest) are scary. i was really hoping Ben Johnson took the washington job.
best thing detroit can do is not shake up anything.
keep building on what they are currently doing, and sustain it for years.
I don’t even think he was in the running like everyone made it seem.

Kinda glad he didn’t get the job because I doubt he would’ve been able to get a staff of coaches we have now.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

3d73f19dd609451e9bf50376845cd481_md.png

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend