Official 2024 NFL Discussion Week 6!!!

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Matt Nagy when he was in college, known as Lefty the Salesman. Gotta be a certain age to remember this.

latest

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I blame Broncos coaching staff. Make it easier for the young man. Short passes, screens, slants and curls. He was running for his life when he dropped back. Ball should of been released after a 3 step drop. I know he had no timing with the receivers, but every QB can throw a screen. Brady is a Hall of Famer cause of it.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Damn this will be the packers 100th all time win against the bears.

A century of wins

Gonna assume the bulk of those were with Starr and Rodgers. GB mostly had sucky qb's in the 80's when the Bears were a power. Favre, while an all-time great kept Bears in games and even lost to them because of his gunslinging style. The death knell was when Rodgers took over. None of our DC's really had an answer for him and we had no qb who could go toe-to-toe against him.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Gona assume the bulk of those were with Starr and Rodgers. GB mostly had sucky qb's in the 80's when the Bears weew a power. Favre, while in all-time great kept Bears in games and even lost tonthem because of his gunslinging style. The death knell was when Rodgers took over. None of our DC's really had an answer for him and we had no qb who could go toe-to-toe against him.
I can vividly remember listening to 670 The Score after the Bears had yet again lost a second close game in the season and they were in meltdown mode from listing all of the QBs Chicago had gone through since Favre got his first start and then we rolled straight into Aaron Rodgers.

"How the f*ck does GB manage to get two back to back HOF QBs in a row and we've gone through...?" The hosts were apoplectic for the WHOLE damned broadcast day.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is a GOTDAMN embarrassment to Bear fans all over this country, just pathetic! Networks keep putting them on in prime time because they get great ratings. I bet no one gets fired, it's the same ol shit with these pathetic fools. I wish the McCaskey's would just sell the team.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I can vividly remember listening to 670 The Score after the Bears had yet again lost a second close game in the season and they were in meltdown mode from listing all of the QBs Chicago had gone through since Favre got his first start and then we rolled straight into Aaron Rodgers.

"How the f*ck does GB manage to get two back to back HOF QBs in a row and we've gone through...?" The hosts were apoplectic for the WHOLE damned broadcast day.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That was the year that GB put up 50 pts on the Bears. With a whole quarter left, they COULD do it again. :scared:

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
This is a GOTDAMN embarrassment to Bear fans all over this country, just pathetic! Networks keep putting them on in prime time because they get great ratings. I bet no one gets fired, it's the same ol shit with these pathetic fools. I wish the McCaskey's would just sell the team.

I may have mentioned this when I used to post as on BGOL as AFKAQ back in the day. When I used to be a member of the Chicago Bears Fan Forum I used to tell the Chicagoland based members that they had to be the driving force behind a fan boycott. As foul as this would be, make local sponsors of the team collateral damage. If they are hurting in their coffers, that may make the McCaskeys pariahs.

Last edited:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I may have mentioned this when I used to post as on BGOL as AFKAQ back in the day. When I used to be a member of the Chicago Bears Fan Forum I used to tell the Chicagoland based members that they had to be the driving force behind a fan boycott. As foul as this would be, make local sponsors of the team collateral damage. If they are hurting in their coffers, that may make the McCaskeys pariahs.
I didn't know that this was you. I can remember the screen name back when I wasn't as active as I was a lurker then.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
The things one thinks about during a blowout. During the Pre-free agency Super Bowl era(1993 was the 1st year of free agency in the NFL), the Bears made the playoffs 9 times between 1977 and 1991. Post free-agency, Bears made the playoffs 6 times between 1994 and 2019. Is there a correlation? Did the Bears draft better during the late 70's and early 90's because they had to? They were cheapskates during the early eras of free agency, but as they opened the purse strings more, did it make them lazier drafters. Perhaps the thought being they could use the draft as "gravy" and address big needs through free agency.