Official 2024 NFL Discussion Week 6!!!

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
The things one thinks about during a blowout. During the Pre-free agency Super Bowl era(1993 was the 1st year of free agency in the NFL), the Bears made the playoffs 9 times between 1977 and 1991. Post free-agency, Bears made the playoffs 6 times between 1994 and 2019. Is there a correlation? Did the Bears draft better during the late 70's and early 90's because they had to? They were cheapskates during the early eras of free agency, but as they opened the purse strings more, did it make them lazier drafters. Perhaps the thought being they could use the draft as "gravy" and address big needs through free agency.

I hate Ditka but it always comes back to his era as being the best.

post Ditka era this team stinks

shane Matthew’s led a playoff game smh

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Bears fans. Something came to me regarding the Bears from '84-'90. Keep the same talent everywhere else, issues with ego, and qb injuries, but replace Ditka with any of the following:Joe Gibbs,Bill Walsh,Bill Parcells or Tom Flores. Do we win more than one Super Bowl during that time span?

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm having problems openining these twitter links in my iPad. What does it say?

Basically, it says the 49ers ain't giving up !!!
And we're still gonna make the playoffs this year
:furious::furious::furious::furious:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I'm having problems openining these twitter links in my iPad. What does it say?
Jed York 49s owner: Our players have fought so hard and sacrificed a ton to play this season. Could not be more proud of them

San Francisco 49ers raheem mossert

@49ers
"Personally it's been a struggle not having my little family with me...It's really tough, I miss them so much." @RMos_8Ball gets emotional talking about the sacrifices made during this season.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Jed York 49s owner: Our players have fought so hard and sacrificed a ton to play this season. Could not be more proud of them

San Francisco 49ers raheem mossert

@49ers
"Personally it's been a struggle not having my little family with me...It's really tough, I miss them so much." @RMos_8Ball gets emotional talking about the sacrifices made during this season.

In hindsight, insert Black Panther "I don't care' gif here.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Shit man he better get focused because that was clear hit to the head....he was acting like he didn't know the rules. Frank Clark did the shit twice so maybe they don't. :lol:
Yeah it's hard to go hit these quarterbacks nowadays. Can't hit them low cause they call a penalty. Can't hit them too high they call a penalty. The league makes it so you cannot stop these offenses. They don't want dominant defenses anymore.

WFCXXC.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I can't believe the 49ers are still in the playoff hunt
Even after all of the injuries, we still have a shot
The last playoff spot might come down to the Bears, or a team from the NFC West

Okay @Shaka54 @TooTrilla I need ya'll to take care of Chicago
Make @shaddyvillethug bump that cry in the car thread tonight.

Z5LMKVRXCNCX5DJE2RHGUF4N64.jpg
You guys have a lot of heart. Rams suspect as hell. :smh:

YY15dn.jpg

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wish the McKaskeys would relinquish their organization
to an actual personnel that knows about football, but its their
own meal ticket and they dont trust anyone outside of the organization.

When your team president teddy 'bean counter' phillips
admits that he rarely watches football games, making football
decisions is a recipe of consistent losing bad decisions.

Fire gm pace and nagy and start scratch again.

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I wish the McKaskeys would relinquish their organization
to an actual personnel that knows about football, but its their
own meal ticket and they dont trust anyone outside of the organization.

When your team president teddy 'bean counter' phillips
admits that he rarely watches football games, making football
decisions is a recipe of consistent losing bad decisions.

Fire gm pace and nagy and start scratch again.

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just saw a highlight from who people call the GOAT throw a pass off a linemens helmet and its intercepted. Whi was he even throwing it to. Its funny when the team wins they are playing like champions. When they lose oh its not the proper offense. Well if you are the greatest you should be able to adapt in any offense. Not just throwing slants and screens.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Vic Fangio ‘Disappointed’ Drew Lock And Other Broncos Quarterbacks Put Team In Difficult Position
November 30, 2020 at 5:20 am
Filed Under:Colorado News, Denver Broncos News, Denver News, Injury Report

DENVER (CBS4/AP) – Quarterbacks Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles were pulled off the Broncos practice field Saturday and sent home after the NFL deemed them high-risk close contacts of Jeff Driskel, who tested positive for the coronavirus on Thanksgiving Day. It turns out, the four Denver QBs had gathered for some film study on their own Tuesday, the players’ day off, “which is commendable,” coach Vic Fangio said after Denver’s 31-3 loss to New Orleans on Sunday.

Drew Lock during practice last week (credit: CBS)

But the four QBs didn’t wear their mandated masks or keep their social distance, something the league discovered in looking at surveillance footage. None were allowed to play against the Saints.

ADVERTISING

An hour before kickoff, Lock issued an apology, an explanation and a defense in a lengthy Twitter post.

“In a controlled and socially distanced area, we let our masking slip for a limited amount of time. An honest mistake, but one I will own,” Lock wrote, adding, “I sincerely apologize and I fully understand why these safety precautions are so important. Doing the right thing for a majority of the time is not good enough.”

Fangio, whose team fell to 4-7 with Kendall Hinton as the emergency starter at QB, said he was “disappointed on a couple of levels” that his quarterbacks’ actions put his team and the NFL into a difficult position.
(credit: CBS)

“We count on them to be the leaders of the team and leaders of the offense and those guys made a mistake and that is disappointing,” Fangio said. “Obviously, I haven’t done a good enough job of selling the protocols to them when they are on their own so part of that could fall on me. I thought I was.

“We have emphasized it a lot and we’re really doing good with COVID up to this point … relative to other teams. There was a failing there and that’s disappointing.”

When the league informed the Broncos that their QBs had violated COVID-19 protocols and had to quarantine, the Broncos pleaded with league commissioner Roger Goodell to postpone their game against the Saints a day or two.

Making that argument were Fangio, who was fined earlier this season for not wearing a mask on the sideline, and two executives in general manager John Elway and team president Joe Ellis who were infected by the virus earlier this month.

“I feel like maybe it could have been moved, but at the same time, maybe the league (was) just making an example of us,” said safety Kareem Jackson.

Fangio demurred when asked if the NFL’s refusal to push the game back was unfair, saying that was a question for Elway or Ellis.

“Terribly unfortunate,” Elway posted on Facebook after the league disqualified his three healthy quarterbacks.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Drew Lock gets blasted by talking heads for mask negligence

by Sayre Bedinger1 minute ago Follow @sayrebedinger
Drew Lock gets blasted by talking heads for mask negligence.
The Denver Broncos got themselves into a rather sticky situation over the weekend with all four quarterbacks being declared ineligible for a home game against the NFC’s top-seeded New Orleans Saints.

The investigation into the Broncos’ mask-wearing around the facility was obviously not overly thorough as it happened so swiftly, but the Broncos were without Drew Lock and all of their other quarterbacks and were forced to call up former Wake Forest QB turned wide receiver Kendall Hinton from the practice squad into the gameday lineup.

After the Broncos predictably got destroyed by one of the best defenses in the NFL 31-3, Vic Fangio was clear that he is disappointed in a position group that is supposed to be leaders on the team.

After calling out his quarterback room for the “fiasco” and farce that was Sunday’s game against the Saints, the talking heads have been out in full force, condemning the Broncos’ quarterbacks for not following the rules to the letter.

Is that a fair assessment from Orlovsky? Of course, you want all of your players doing everything they can in order to make sure a worst-case-scenario like this does not happen at any time.

Drew Lock himself admitted he made an error and lapse in judgment for a brief moment.

The Broncos sent footage of the event in question to the NFL with more than 24 hours to review, but the league took longer to review than was probably necessary and had the Broncos pull all of their quarterbacks from the field mid-practice on Saturday.

The Broncos and now Drew Lock specifically have faced a ton of criticism in recent days for breaking COVID protocols, and while not every situation is created equally, they are the only team to suffer such a devastating on-field consequence because of broken COVID protocol.

Many feel like the Broncos made that bed, so they need to lie in it. That’s the way the NFL treated it even though it has flexed a number of other games with teams dealing with contact tracing and positive tests. That would include the Broncos having their bye week erased earlier in the season to accommodate the New England Patriots.

Other teams and players around the league have gotten fined for breaking mask-wearing protocols, but it’s fascinating that players with negative tests can mingle at midfield after the game with no consequence, or like we saw in the Buccaneers and Chiefs game, Tom Brady and Chris Jones went at it verbally and got in each other’s faces without anyone batting an eye.

Why? Because they had negative tests.

On Monday, the Broncos’ quarterbacks tests once again all came back negative so why did the NFL not at the very least push this game to Monday night?

According to even more talking heads, the NFL isn’t moving games for competitive disadvantages. It’s moving games for safety and health purposes only, but isn’t that why Lock, Rypien, Bortles, and Driskel were all ruled ineligible in the first place? Health and safety?

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Back to Hinton with his receivers that should of came down to back yard football. With his receivers saying hey im running 5 and out throw the ball at the sideline when you see my hips turn. Hey I'm going to be your bail out directly in front of your eyes I will make sure i can see you so you can see me. I'm running a 10 yard curl, throw it two yards behind me when i break down. Plus his receivers should of been talking up the DBs, don't worry we haven't practiced not even sure if he can throw deep. Then tell Hinton when i cross the 50 air it out to the 30 let me run under it. Good coaching could of got the kid ready to complete more than one pass. O-line still needs to block no matter who is back there. I saw them just stop while 2 defenders ran free. You are still being paid.

Sorry this just pisses me off. Plus the game should not of been played.