Official 2024 NFL Discussion Week 6!!!

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Why the hell didn't the Raiders switch to a zone in that situation. They have been burned using man coverage all night. :smh: Just keep everything in front of you. :smh:

ZtI3SH.jpg

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Marcus Mariota lands big contract pay day in Raiders' loss to Chargers

Katie Woo

Fri, December 18, 2020, 5:02 PM EST·2 min read

1086dec62fd511d6f7d95104241fc16d

Mariota earns big contract incentives in Raiders' loss originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea

Thursday night was a big one for Marcus Mariota.

The Raiders' back-up quarterback promptly came off the bench for Las Vegas in the first quarter against the Los Angeles Chargers after starter Derek Carr left with an injury. Although the Raiders eventually fell in overtime, 30-27, the 27-year-old secured himself a hefty bonus in the process -- netting $825,000 in one night.

Per ESPN's Field Yates, Mariota is designated to earn $200,000 each time he plays more than 60 percent of the Raiders' snaps per game. He qualified well past that mark, securing 86 percent of Las Vegas' snaps.

Furthermore, the former Oregon product earned an additional $625,000 in 2021 -- on top of his fully-guaranteed base salary of $7.5 million -- since his incentive-heavy contract included the clause that playing in 60 percent of the snaps in any single game would result in the boost.

Mariota did leave some money on the table, though. If the Raiders had won the game, Mariota would've taken home another $125,000 on top of his other earnings. Unfortunately for Las Vegas, Chargers quarterback (and fellow Oregon product) Justin Herbert rushed in the game-winning touchdown from the one-yard line to win the game in overtime.

The loss wasn't for Mariota's lack of effort, however. The No. 2 overall pick in 2015 threw for 226 yards, a touchdown and an interception, while rushing for 88 yards and a touchdown of his own.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I don't known if this needs it's own thread, but Clemson's OC is a brutha named Tony Elliott(married to a sista too). I will be curious to see what his career trajectory will be. A college HC job or NFL OC job. He's never beennon an NFL staff so it's unlikely he'll get a head coaching gig.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I didn't know Kumerow was in Buffalo. Good to know he landed on his feet and with Richard Rogers too (former Packers).

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I didn't know Kumerow was in Buffalo. Good to know he landed on his feet and with Richard Rogers too (former Packers).
Sheeeeiiiit, I didn’t know either and im a BILLS fan. Was like, who the fuck is that?