Official Discussion: CW Arrowverse (All Things!) CW sold to Nexstar UPDATE: Arrow 10 yr ANNIVERSARY

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Speaking of Amell ... looking forward to the eventual 2nd season of Heels.

Really enjoyed season 1 in 2021. Recommend it for anyone who wants a good wrestling drama ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I'm hoping this will get a Q1 release but probably more likely a Q2 release date

Co-sign. From the sounds of things online people were noting it was ready to go and already filmed / edited. That 1st season was pretty good. Keep it going.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@ViCiouS

hey storm shadow ya boss just loves ya guy

Arrowverse Creator Announces New TV Deal With Warner Bros.
By Aeron Mer EclarinalPosted: January 09, 2023

The Arrowverse may soon end, but a new deal announced by its creator, Greg Berlanti, offered a promising update for The CW's shared universe.
The Arrowverse shows have had their fair share of ups and downs, but 2022 served as a rough year for the franchise. Several Arrowverse shows were unceremoniously canceled, namely Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow, and most recently, Stargirl.
The Flash is also set to debut its final season next month, thus putting an end to Berlanti's DC storytelling.
While a new update may have offered hope for the Arrowverse, a closer look suggested that it is not the case.

Greg Berlanti Inks New 4-Year Deal with Warner Bros. TV
DC

As per Deadline, Arrowverse creator Greg Berlanti closed a new four-year exclusive overall deal for his Berlanti Productions with Warner Bros. TV to remain at the studio for its television productions up to 2027.
In an official statement, Berlanti announced the new deal, noting that this will mark his "third decade" with Warner Bros:
“Every day I wake up grateful I get to get tell stories for a living with so many talented people that I love. With this deal, I’ll be lucky enough to be going into my third decade of making TV and calling Warner Bros. my home.”
The Arrowverse boss continued with high praise for Warner Bros. Discover CEO David Zaslav, calling him "honest, loyal, and [a] visionary:"

“The TV business has changed and Warner Bros. has changed, too, but I’m as grateful as ever to be making television and working with a passionate, brilliant, and kind leader like Channing Dungey and alongside a wise and tremendous old friend like Brett Paul. In my time getting to know David Zaslav, he is the most rare of Hollywood leaders: honest, loyal, and visionary about the kind of thriving Warner Bros. he wants to build for the future, where storytellers like myself can have a home to tell stories that excite and move audiences all over the world, for years to come.”
While no financial terms are being disclosed, Deadline's sources revealed that the agreement is "structured differently" than the executive's blockbuster overall deal with Warner Bros. TV group. Said deal is estimated to be more than $300 million and as much as $400 million over six years.

This new deal is reportedly more of a joint venture which Deadline described as having a "big potential upside" for Berlanti.
Under the new deal, Berlanti Productions is expected to develop new TV programming to be produced by Warner Bros. TV Group divisions for all platforms, including HBO Max, external streaming services, cable, and broadcast networks.

This deal comes after Berlanti inked a deal with CAA to represent him in all areas, abandoning his 15-year stint with WME amid the DC shakeup.

Will the Arrowverse Continue Due to Greg Berlanti's New Deal?
Although Greg Berlanti secured this new deal from Warner Bros., this still doesn't mean that the Arrowverse can continue considering that DC Studios, not Berlanti Productions, is now steering the ship for DC TV.
Moreover, Berlanti is known to be successful in producing content at a lower budget, meaning that this would've factored in on why Warner Bros. Discovery's top brass wanted him to stick around.
As for the Arrowverse's future chances, The Flash's final run at The CW is poised to end the DC TV shared universe on a high note, considering it is bringing out the big guns in terms of guest stars and storytelling prowess.
That being said, it's safe to say that the Arrowverse will indeed end, and Berlanti's new deal gives room for future stories set in DC Studios co-heads James Gunn and Peter Safran's new DCU.
Hopefully, some of the talented Arrowverse actors will be included in Berlanti's new wave of storytelling, with them either playing the same characters or different DC heroes/villains.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Will the Arrowverse Continue Due to Greg Berlanti's New Deal?
Although Greg Berlanti secured this new deal from Warner Bros., this still doesn't mean that the Arrowverse can continue considering that DC Studios, not Berlanti Productions, is now steering the ship for DC TV.
Moreover, Berlanti is known to be successful in producing content at a lower budget, meaning that this would've factored in on why Warner Bros. Discovery's top brass wanted him to stick around.
As for the Arrowverse's future chances, The Flash's final run at The CW is poised to end the DC TV shared universe on a high note, considering it is bringing out the big guns in terms of guest stars and storytelling prowess.
That being said, it's safe to say that the Arrowverse will indeed end, and Berlanti's new deal gives room for future stories set in DC Studios co-heads James Gunn and Peter Safran's new DCU.
Hopefully, some of the talented Arrowverse actors will be included in Berlanti's new wave of storytelling, with them either playing the same characters or different DC heroes/villains.
All the better why they should use Superman & Lois as a jumping off point..plus James Gunn admits to being a fan of the show

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
FmZ2OB8XgAAMh92

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The Flash showrunner teases series finale 'happy ending' that 'the audience deserves'

"You're going to see a lot of familiar faces from the past popping up here and there," teases showrunner Eric Wallace adding, "and it all ties into something" from season 1.

By Sydney BucksbaumFebruary 07, 2023 at 06:30 PM EST

The Flash is speeding towards the finish line.
The CW's sole remaining Arrowverse series returns with its final season premiere Wednesday, but the cast and crew already have their eyes on the end as the show gears up to film the last episode.
"There's lots of tears amongst The Flash family these days," showrunner Eric Wallace tells EW. "It's the last season premiere. We all know Stephen Amell is coming back to the show, and it's the last time we get to work with Stephen as the Arrow. It's the last season finale — there's all these lasts happening and that's really bled into the season themes, which is how finding closure allows you to achieve a new beginning."

CREDIT: THE CW
Wallace adds there's "a lot of hugging and crying going on" during filming right now between cast and crew as the end quickly approaches. It's a moment he never thought he'd get to witness in person, because he admits he expected someone else would be the one in charge when the show ended for good.
"I arrived in season 4 as a fan of the show, and then got lucky enough to suddenly find myself in a position to be privileged enough to run the show," he says. "And I fully imagined that I'll just run it for a little while, then I'll turn it over to somebody else. That's what happens in television. I thought it'll just keep running for 15 years like Supernatural and then I'll get to watch it again as a fan. I had no idea that things would end on my watch."

That has only added to the "incredible responsibility" he feels to fans of The Flash to not only create a satisfying final season but also to make sure he pays off "a lot of the hanging storylines from season 1, to plant some Easter eggs here and there for the fans saying thank you, to bring back as many familiar faces from the first season as I can story-wise, and most importantly, to provide the most emotional climax to the nine-year journey of The Flash and Barry [Grant Gustin] and Iris [Candice Patton] that I can. And do it in a way that gives the kind of happy ending that not only I want, but which the audience deserves."
It's also an ending that he's had in mind for years — even though he never thought he'd actually get to bring it to life. "Quite frankly, once I took over, I knew what the final scene and final shot of the series finale should be," Wallace says. "I've known exactly what even the final line of dialogue should be. Everybody's going to find out long before the ending because it plays into the title of the final episode."
Wallace had looked so far into the future, in fact, that he actually had "a two-year plan in place for seasons 9 and 10, and it was all leading towards a 200th episode. He adds, "It was going to be super emotional and super spectacular and pay off a lot of things when I thought we were going to have 20 episodes each in seasons 9 and 10. When that didn't happen, I suddenly realized episode 200 just became the series finale. We have to tell that story — it's too powerful to lose it. So that's what happened, and that made knowing where we were going a little simpler."

Grant Gustin as The Flash

| CREDIT: SHANE HARVEY/THE CW
Wallace ended up taking all the best parts of his imagined seasons 9 and 10 and distilling them all into one shortened final season. "I wish I had an extra couple more episodes," he says. "There's certain things that we just don't have time to get to, unfortunately. There's certain characters I wanted to bring back who we're not going to be able to, but it's okay because everything is very Barry and Iris-centric."
While it's too early for Wallace to get into specifics on how the season ends, he does reveal that "there will be lots of tears" in the series finale, as well as the four episodes leading into that last hour. "There's some very special things, you're going to see a lot of familiar faces from the past popping up here and there, and it all ties into something that Barry's been struggling with ever since season 1," he says. "I can't say more than that. Let's just say the events of season 1 are still unresolved and Barry doesn't realize it until this year. Resolving those issues provides the emotional climax for our series finale at the end of season 9."
And while this version of The Flash will come to "a definitive end," Wallace teases it's also "just the beginning of phase two of Barry and his story as The Flash." He laughs before adding, "And I leave it to the fans to write the rest or maybe a revival five years after that. I don't know, I'll be sleeping at that point. I need a nap!"
Season 9 of The Flash will premiere Wednesday, Feb. 8, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on the CW.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Flash Boss Talks Legends Of Tomorrow In Season 9 And Justice League Plans For Scrapped Blackest Night Story
By Adam Holmes
published about 4 hours ago
What’s coming up for The Flash, and what could have been.

Debuting in September 2014, a little less than a year after Grant Gustin debuted as Barry Allen in Arrow Season 2, The Flash is about to enter its ninth and final season. The longest-running (pun slightly intended) of the Arrowverse shows will wrap things up with 13 episodes, and there have already been plenty of big casting announcements for this last hurrah. The Flash showrunner Eric Wallace has now revealed that the Legends of Tomorrow will also be involved in Season 9, as well as some Justice League plans he’d formulated for a Blackest Night storyline that ended up being scrapped.

Starting with the Legends of Tomorrow, Arrowverse fans will remember that the show following the Waverider’s crew was cancelled last year after seven seasons, resulting in the show ending with a cliffhanger that introduced Donald Faison as Booster Gold. The good news is that Eric Wallace shared with The Nerds of Color that “all the Legends at least are all going to appear in an episode” of The Flash Season 9. The bad news is that Wallace and the The Flash’s team had to toss aside plans to give Legends of Tomorrow a proper conclusion in Season 9. In his words:
There was originally when I had hoped that we’d had 20 episodes, but my original concept was to have at least one — if not a two parter — that wrapped up Legends of Tomorrow. And you know, there will be a little crossover we get them back, we get them out of time jail, all these good things, Booster Gold, etc, etc. When we found out we only have 13 episodes, that was no longer possible. We barely have enough time to wrap up things with Barry and Iris’ upcoming family let alone who is Danielle Panabaker playing now, so there wasn’t enough time. So unfortunately, we’re not going to be able to wrap up the Legends storyline which I know is very disappointing to the fans. It’s disappointing to me. But we just don’t have the bandwidth.
Because this Arrow storyline had to be scrapped since The Flash’s final season already had enough on its plate, it’s unclear if when these time-traveling characters appear, we’ll be seeing them at a point before they were arrested by the Time Police, or if this takes place afterwards and there just won’t be any explanation for how they’re free. Either way, at least Legends of Tomorrow fans will get to reunite with these protagonists one final time rather than have the Legends Season 7 finale be their swan song. Eric Wallace added that because The Flash writers are still putting together the series finale, “you never know what could happen at the very end.” Maybe there might still be a way to give the Legends some much-needed resolution, even if it’s solely through dialogue.
Sponsored Links

Amazon Left Scrambling As Prime Users Find Out About Secret DealsOnline Shopping Tools

Moving on, Eric Wallace also talked about some arcs for The Flash he’d thought up had the show been brought back for a 10th season. After sharing that he’d intended to do The Forever War storyline at this season’s opener, the showrunner said this:

I wanted to do a full on crossover with as many characters as possible. The Blackest Night storyline that we started hinting at last year with Diggle and the box. So yeah, it kind of bums me out that we’re not going to do that. I wanted to bring Despero with his alien friends and have a full on alien invasion. That would have featured the Justice League at the Hall of Justice coming in and helping Barry. We’re not going to do that either.
The final minutes of Arrow’s series finale saw David Ramsey’s John Diggle discovering a box that’d crash-landed on Earth emitting a mysterious green glow. For a couple years afterwards, Diggle surfaced on shows like Supergirl and Batwoman in the midst of trying to get the box reopened, which he finally accomplished in The Flash Season 8’s “The Man in the Yellow Tie” with the help of Eobard Thawne. However, Diggle resisted accepting the cosmic power within the box, instead throwing it away in favor of returning to his family. Had The Flash Season 10 happened, that Blackest Night tease would have been fully fleshed out, though it’s unclear if Team Flash dealing with an undead horde would have happened at the same time as Barry teaming up with his Justice League cohorts to deal with the return of Despero, the main antagonist in Season 8’s “Armageddon” arc, or occurred at a different point.

In the end, these storylines weren’t meant to be, but the good news is that The Flash fans have a lot to look forward to in Season 9. As indicated earlier, a lot of familiar Arrowverse faces will be back, including Stephen Amell reprising Oliver Queen/Green Arrow for the first time since Arrow ended, as well as the recent additions of Rick Cosnett, Matt Letscher and Jessica Parker Kennedy. Season 9 also sees the debut of Richard Harmon’s Owen Mercer, a.k.a. the new Captain Boomerang, and the tease of a blue crystal sitting in a laboratory in 2049 strongly suggests the show is bringing in Cobalt Blue, though that has yet to be confirmed.

The Flash Season 9 premieres tomorrow, February 8, at 8 pm ET on The CW. Keep track of what other shows are currently airing or coming up soon with our 2023 TV schedule, and look over what other upcoming DC TV shows are lined up.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered