Official juicing/blending recipe/routine/tips thread

456.North.side

Rising Star
Registered
yes, I clean right after use with hot water and the brush that came with it. Also for the pulp collection part, i always put a walmart bag in so i can just throw the pulp out without cleaning the back portion. It makes Great Juice. I am just looking for something to make smoothies. I will look into the nutribullet...I asked about the hamilton Beach because i wanted something big enough to make 2-3 servings at once

couple of tips for you guys, my other juicer is a model like this use a walmart target plastic bag in the "trash" side and like this cat said , clean it ASAP I use to toss the blade in water and rinse it off right then with that little toothbrush looking thing it comes with.. that's a much or the blade was hard as chit to clean...

I think the juice / smoothy debate will go on forever, both are better for the body than the BS. I guess the ultimate would be a smoothie with juiced ice cubes... ? not that serious for me

I know you people are part of that upper thinking cats, so ill drop this on you.... One of the most informative books I found on the subject is this:
51HHpBtVRaL._SX317_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

it talks about how Max Gerson MD stopped 50 cases of cancers and other stuff with juice + salad-based diet....

WARNING: There is also one aspect of the process 95% of men can not get with... lol ill leave it right there. LOL

Confucius

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
couple of tips for you guys, my other juicer is a model like this use a walmart target plastic bag in the "trash" side and like this cat said , clean it ASAP I use to toss the blade in water and rinse it off right then with that little toothbrush looking thing it comes with.. that's a much or the blade was hard as chit to clean...

I think the juice / smoothy debate will go on forever, both are better for the body than the BS. I guess the ultimate would be a smoothie with juiced ice cubes... ? not that serious for me

I know you people are part of that upper thinking cats, so ill drop this on you.... One of the most informative books I found on the subject is this:

it talks about how Max Gerson MD stopped 50 cases of cancers and other stuff with juice + salad-based diet....

WARNING: There is also one aspect of the process 95% of men can not get with... lol ill leave it right there. LOL

Thanks
and that was my point. I have a great 'juicer' in the Breville. Still runs like a champ. That is straight juice. I was looking for a cheap option to make a few smoothies at one time. I am not going to spend $300 on something that I use seasonally (spring and summer is when I juice seriously)
However, now that some guys mentioned freezing your fruit, I might stock up on fresh fruit towards the end of summer and use them for winter

btw, carrots added to most any juice (pears, apple, pear, and spinach/kale) adds sweetness and takes away most of the bitter taste from the greens. Every juice i make has carrots.
I also like to add a spoon of Barley may to my morning drink. Not sure if its a mental thing,but i get a nice kick of energy from the BarleyMax

barley-max.jpg

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Once you juice you break down the molecules, cell walls, atoms of the fruit which begins the oxidation process. This effectively begins the breakdown of the product which effects taste. And depending on what exactly you juice you may also begin the fermentation process due to the sugars turning into acids and/or gas... Ideally you want to juice and drink asap for maximum health benefits.. At absolute most a 24-48 hour period shouldnt be exceeded from juice to consumption. You also need to start adding some greens in your smoothies YP. Great job on getting started tho. Keep it up. :yes:

I'm not worried about by vitamin C intake but the fact that it took six days to reach a relatively high level is good news. Still, the fact that there's a nutritional impact based on saving juice a short amount of time is a factor to consider. I also never thought that leaving my juice in my cup had an impact on nutrients-- I haven't done that with my blended juices but it's something I do frequently.

A 2006 issue of the “Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry” found that between 5 to 25 percent of vitamin C content was lost in cut pieces of kiwi, pineapple, mango, strawberry, watermelon and cantaloupe over a period of six days when the fruits were stored at 41 degrees Fahrenheit. There was also a significant loss of carotenoids.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/548978-does-fruit-lose-its-nutritional-value-when-its-blended/

But overall, fresh juice is best consumed fresh - and that means within the first twenty minutes. The reason for this is simple. Fresh juice - and all its benefits - come from its freshness. As soon as you juice fresh produce, you're breaking open the cell walls of these nutrient-rich fruits and veggies and activating the nutrients - the vitamins, enzymes, minerals, phytonutrients, chlorophyll, etc. - found in the produce.

Many of these nutrients are time-sensitive. Just as you wouldn't slice an apple, leave it out to turn brown and shrivelly and then consume it, the same logic also applies to juice.

The process that causes apples to go brown so quickly is known as oxidation, which is simply exposure to oxygen. Juice is even more susceptible to oxidation since every part of the fruit or vegetable is being exposed to air.

Oxidation is natural and it's not the worst thing in the world, but it does reduce the enzymes and vitamins in the fruit and veggie juices, defeating a large part of the point of drinking such juices. Even when there's no visible color alteration in the juice, the same process of oxidation occurs.

People commonly recommend adding a squirt of lemon juice to sliced apples or even to halved avocados to prevent signs of oxidation. Whereas this certainly helps an apple or avocado from turning really brown, really quick - the vitamin C in lemon juice (which is an antioxidant that fights oxidation) will only slow oxidation, not prevent it.

When fruits and vegetables are juiced, adding lemon juice may slow the oxidation a bit, but it won't be able to protect the integrity of the juice against exposure to the air. With prolonged exposure to air, the vital enzymes and nutrients in the juice begin to deteriorate and are mostly gone within twenty minutes time.

http://justjuice.org/when-does-fresh-juice-lose-its-freshness/

The following really made me wonder about the heat in my Vitamix-- I just blend until everything looks blended. I suppose I could cut down on blending time by cutting the food more beforehand, which sucks as far as convenience:

Keep in mind that how long fresh juice lasts depends on the juicer that you're using. Centrifugal juicers - such as the Jack LaLanne juicer and most of the Breville juicers - operate a high speeds, which produce heat and introduce oxidation into the juicing process itself, compromising the freshness of the juice. Juices made with these juicers really should be consumed immediately - at most within a few hours.​

On the other hand, slow juicers like masticating or triturating juicers work at very slow speeds with little-to-no heat, which means less oxidation in the juicing process. As a result, juices made with slow juicers have a higher shelf life and can retain their nutritional potency for up to 72 hours. So if you plan to juice in bulk and store the juice - get a slow juicer!

http://justjuice.org/when-does-fresh-juice-lose-its-freshness/

To be safe, I'm going to stick to a 48 hour rule this week, maybe overnight as time allows in the future.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Morning drink this week:

12 almonds-- Not one more (this is important)
kale
2 strawberries
pineapple, including the stem (not the big ass leaves)
3 sticks of celery
1 orange
1 teaspoon of chlorella
2 teaspoons of spirulina
1 avocado seed

Along with a pineapple/kale/strawberry/celery blend for work and a pineapple/strawberry/orange drink for when I get home.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Morning drink to start this week, for three days:

36 almonds
kale
3 sticks of celery
1 teaspoon of chlorella
2 teaspoons of spirulina
2 avocado seeds
About 2/5ths of a cucumber

And a LOT more water this time.

Plus some chia seeds in the cup each morning.

It was an actual drink... Much less tasty without the fruit and berries but it was all leftover shit; think I was overdoing it with the fruit content... On the positive side, this was an actual drink, unlike the edible food I was adding water to in my glass the weeks before.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
I also like to add a spoon of Barley may to my morning drink. Not sure if its a mental thing,but i get a nice kick of energy from the BarleyMax

I've seen BarleyMax mentioned before, might give it a shot.

I bought 10.6 ounces of Barley Grass Juice Powder from the Vitamin Shoppe for $27 through their buy one get one half off (on everything, not just this) sale through Monday.

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/barley-grass-juice-powder-5-3-oz-powder/vs-1796

Last edited:

cceast22

Rising Star
OG Investor
Vitamix is the truth. Only thing I hate is that it is loud as a mofo.

1 cup coconut water
Handful kale
1 cup grapes
1 cup mango chunks
1/2 cup crushed ice
2 tablespoons hemp or flax seeds
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (if I am doing vegan week, no Greek yogurt)
1/4 teaspoon Vitamineral green

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ha HAA you must be referring to colonics... I just cant get with it, even though I hear it does wonders for you...

Id rather do a total body cleanse using supplements....

thanks for that book tho, I will look for the .pdf....

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
What are the best fruits for blending with milk? Beyond just making juice I've been making flavored milk for cereal and oatmeal lately.

My findings:
  • Bananas are the best. Banana milk is fucking awesome. I don't even like milk but I'll drink the fuck out of some banana milk. And banana milk is incredible for cereal and oatmeal.
  • Strawberries are really fucking disappointing. They just don't do it for me without adding sugar. You see strawberry-flavored milk in the stores all the time but it is not even close to half as good a mix as the banana milk.

I'm wondering if there are unconventional blends people have tried and liked. For instance, I love peach juice and I'm thinking I'll try that this week. I'm wondering about oranges and pears-- you never see orange or pear flavored oatmeal but I'm thinking that could be good for that or as a mix with my milk for cereal.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
thats a good deal. they never had that sell when i reup
imma go today cause it can get pricey
letme know how u like it

I've kept going with it-- Its hard for me to judge it individually since I always mix it with the chlorella, spirulina and avocado seed. I would go without if I couldn't get it at the sell price but I was able to re-up for the same amount the one time I've needed to since. I'm satisfied with the overall blend so I'm just not fucking with a good thing at this point but the avocado seed is the only individual element that I view as essential.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
On my second day of trying this one. I use coconut water.

55 seconds in-- Why does everybody on YouTube have to be a goddamn personality? I clicked your video, man-- you making it two minutes longer than it needed to be because of your character development is not going to get me to subscribe to your channel!

1:42-- He's establishing credibility. I want to see where he's going but he's pushing it with his comedic efforts.

2:00-- I'm out with the kiss of the water bottle. Official video Colin Powell-- Where are the cliff notes?

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
55 seconds in-- Why does everybody on YouTube have to be a goddamn personality? I clicked your video, man-- you making it two minutes longer than it needed to be because of your character development is not going to get me to subscribe to your channel!

1:42-- He's establishing credibility. I want to see where he's going but he's pushing it with his comedic efforts.

2:00-- I'm out with the kiss of the water bottle. Official video Colin Powell-- Where are the cliff notes?
:roflmao:
Look in the description to get the ingredients.

He's cool, just his jokes aren't that funny. But he does give good workout routines.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
I haven't considered juicing lately because I don't have a juicer, I have a blender. And I use the blender rarely, so it is hard to justify having a blender and a juicer.

So the nutmilk bag technique dropped in this video is a gamechanger for me:

Amazon product ASIN B01N2Q4O08

So is it really worth it to go through all the trouble of juicing an entire stalk of celery everyday? And will you really get the benefits without the fibers? According to William, “eating celery stalks, while very healthy and important, is not the same as drinking pure celery juice. When celery is juiced, the pulp (fiber) is removed, and its healing benefits become much more powerful and bioavailable, especially for someone with chronic illness.”​

sheppettybone

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I haven't considered juicing lately because I don't have a juicer, I have a blender. And I use the blender rarely, so it is hard to justify having a blender and a juicer.

So is it really worth it to go through all the trouble of juicing an entire stalk of celery everyday? And will you really get the benefits without the fibers? According to William, “eating celery stalks, while very healthy and important, is not the same as drinking pure celery juice. When celery is juiced, the pulp (fiber) is removed, and its healing benefits become much more powerful and bioavailable, especially for someone with chronic illness.”​

Its important to drink it within 30 minutes or it loses its nutritional value. If you make a lot store in a Mason jar so you can seal the air and not lose its oxidation process.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Its important to drink it within 30 minutes or it loses its nutritional value. If you make a lot store in a Mason jar so you can seal the air and not lose its oxidation process.

I wonder if there is any good use for the pulp she discards.

dcman100

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ok my favorite juice receipe is...

parsley
ginger
lemon
pineapple
apple
black grapes with seeds
and pears...

Fuckin deliciEEEEEUS!!!

Now come summer Im going to get back to blending...
and my favorite two blending receipes are...

after or before workout...

banana
peach
mango
coconut milk
two heaping spoons of ground flax seed..

and some raw honey...

my ultimate favorite blend is..

sea moss
almond or coconut milk
almond butter
dash of cinnamon
dash of vanilla extract pure not that imitation shit
one heaping teaspoon of ground flax seeds
a ripe banana
and some raw honey

sometimes I add ginseng and

some chinese herbs... if Im going to be

gettng my bedroom bully on....

I try to drink a banana and blueberry

smoothie every other day in the summer time..

in fact when it gets really hot that is all I have...

and just eat one meal a week...

always a fish dish with veggies.

but thats for another thread..

to the OP nice blender..

I still have my cheap one which works great.

but I will be looking to up grade once that goes..

my sister bought that ninja blender, but she hardley uses it

so she can never tell me how good it is, for blending things like

avacado seeds...
great info!!