Only 1980 NBC Sat. Morning Cartoon Heads Will Laugh At This...

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm gonna take yall WAAAAAAAAAYYYY back!!!

THE MIGHTY HEROES!!

Strongman! Birdman! Diaperman! Coo-Coo Man, Tornadoman!!!

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
the complete DICAST metal official voltron set

Idk how I did it to this day but I sonned my step-cuz'n into giving me the whole set w/ the damn box Idk wtf I gave up in return but it didn't have to be much dude was 3 y.o. than me and I ain't had shit :itsawrap:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
:yes::yes::yes:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this one always sits in the back of my head when ever some dooms day theory is kicked about. really weird and ominous but a great cartoon none the less.

this one wasnt actually the 80 per say but it ran into the 80's. how many remember this cartoons?

BrandNewM

Star
BGOL Investor
:lol::lol::lol:....what the hell is the BIONIC SIX? truly the wackness!:smh::lol:..not to dis any part of your childhood shows, but a straight rip off of the Bionic man/woman, and Lee Majors/Lindsey Wagner couldn't fly, where is that in the BIONIC hand book?:lol:

As a kid I didn't know why I loved G-force and Speed Racer so much, then I found out they were both from Japan, that's why. Even as a kid I grew to dislike the American cartoons 'cause the stories were just too simplistic while G-Force and Speed Racer gave story-lines to ponder, there were no happy-go-lucky happy endings with these shows....

Bionic Six was the shit! Yeah I think it was loosely based off the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman series. But we did'nt know that as kids. It was entertaining. Yeah I feel you on those japanese cartoons being good.

Tech

Star
Registered
You remember when you grand-ma said you needed to go to church on Sundays? You'd tell her you did already because you saw the following cartoon that would come on at 6 in the morning on Sundays.

diamond4981

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gobots3x.jpg

I remember them they were alright til transformers came along. Alot of people think they ripped off transformers but Go bots were out first so its really like the other way around. Like power rangers to Voltron.

x_man

Support BGOL
Registered
I remember running home after school to watch this......One of the best sci-fi cartoons ever !!!!!:dance:

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep. the Bionic Six was the shit and the animation was fantastic considering that it was a TV series. Another great one was The Centurions which was on around the same period (1986/87) Both didn't go past to years due to the toys not selling however.

Come to think about it, I know exactly why the Centurion's toys didn't sell, they sold the action figures and their exo-frames suits separately. I remember having the suit, but not the main figure of one of the guys because my dad wouldn't buy me both.

I see u, playa......not bad action figures:yes::yes:

5340565221_489ff72995_z.jpg

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bionic Six was the shit! Yeah I think it was loosely based off the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman series. But we did'nt know that as kids. It was entertaining. Yeah I feel you on those japanese cartoons being good.

Man, I didn't know about the deep love for the Bionic Six, hell~~I had never even heard of it. But, again, my bad, for stompin' on your childhood memories.....And yeah, the Japanese, I think, just respected the intelligence of kids and their stories were just that much more complex.....

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

Rikki Tikki Tavi

Used to catch this a few times a year in the early evenings, CBS, I think as well as in elemntary school

I'm gonna take yall WAAAAAAAAAYYYY back!!!

THE MIGHTY HEROES!!

Strongman! Birdman! Diaperman! Coo-Coo Man, Tornadoman!!!

This was some ole '67 shit which came out with this
but I never saw it before, just was told about it

Now these :itsawrap:

From the wack assed days of Jan, Jayce & that caped dog:hmm:

CourageousCat & MinuteMouse came on @ the end of the 4:30 movie or a Batman ep.

Had to go to U64 to get my Speedracer fix along with GForce & StarBlazers until 11 got a hold of the eps.

peace

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
G-Force all day. Whirlwind Pyramid!

Let's not forget about the Force Five Shogun Warriors giant robots. Gaiking, Starvengers, Grandizer, Danguard Ace, etc.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Not ashamed to admit I am a 70's baby. Memories of sitting in front of the tv in your pj's eating a bowl of cereal. :yes::yes:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Marshal Bravestarr

that episode"The Price" about the drug known as "spin" gave me the chills..especially seeing that one boy's friend die(off screen) from it

THE DRIZZY said:
Not ashamed to admit I am a 70's baby. Memories of sitting in front of the tv in your pj's eating a bowl of cereal. :yes::yes:

yea the 70s had some off-the-wall shows sometime..

tried to do the bass line to this song :lol:

Lick

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: what y'all CrackEra babies know about this?

peace

I see you with the reruns, L :lol:
Bringing it back as I WAS HKP for Halloween once withthe homemade costume & even have the DVD as a gift:cool:

From a few back just like above & TheBannaSplits (but I used to catch those reruns afterschool during the weekdays):yes:

& THUNDAAR was actually the 1st PRIME TIME cartoon on that used to come on @ night when it premiered.

"& Godzookieeeeeeee.....":smh:
Use to have that bootleg godzilla action figure too:lol:

Damn, I thought that 80s shit was corny but the late 60s & 70s joints were straight psychadelically bugged out & cheesey as fuck :lol:
Miss that shit

peace

:yes:

:yes::lol: