Post The Unhip/Nerdiest Music Artist/s That Made One Of Your Favorite Jams Of All Times

Paul1970

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
z8184156IER,Jamie-Lidell.jpg

lidellb_lg-9fe78fd897ede3f36158bbac4f96d2f66eb15f92-s1400.jpg

Jamie Lidell is probably one of the best cats to put out music in the past 15 years.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Hipness, also, depends on your age. When I first saw him, he was unhip and did this novelty song they only played around Halloween
Well he's definitely old-fashioned and no longer cool but I dont think he was considered unhip at the time. Compare him to Pat Boone who was always lame.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well he's definitely old-fashioned and no longer cool but I dont think he was considered unhip at the time. Compare him to Pat Boone who was always lame.
Hipness changes, when I encountered him he was not hip; he was famous to me for having a novelty Halloween song. That's why I posted the video and that's why I said, your age matters.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Hipness changes, when I encountered him he was not hip; he was famous to me for having a novelty Halloween song. That's why I posted the video and that's why I said, your age matters.
I get what you're saying. I just took it to mean something that was always nerdy like Weird Al's stuff.

Out of curiosity what do you consider Prince to be nowadays -- still hip or not hip anymore?

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get what you're saying. I just took it to mean something that was always nerdy like Weird Al's stuff.

Out of curiosity what do you consider Prince to be nowadays -- still hip or not hip anymore?
The first time I saw Prince was on my sister's wall, he had a big fro and it was an image was from Right On! Magazine: he was always be hip to me! But, I don't expect others from future generations to see him as hip, some wouldn't understand a man in blouses and heels who could steal your woman.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
steely-dan.jpeg

b2a3c07cf6f7909ec0969a7ff10d6fea.jpg

These nerds gave fans many classic jams.

See?
LOL!!

Don't forget...
Reelin' In The Years

And

Do It Again

These two cats together put out some of the best and most loved music of all time, with a who's who of great backing musicians.

Donald Fagen's The Nightfly and Kamikiriad are two jazz-rock classic albums...both deserve to be played all the way through...not a bad cut on either.