POWER Book all seasons discussion thread (Power Book II: Ghost canceled )

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Why do y’all hate this show? Honestly it’s entertaining and funny as fuck.
because it didn't start off that way. It was entertaining and the writing was somewhat believable. Now, it's just dumb. have you seen the second episode of this season? I'm watching now and am already shaking my head. The loud chic in the classroom.....really? i just watch it to support black actors.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
The scene with Tariq and Bobby Brown (Cain) made me laugh. Hearing the prep school kid who was raised in a Manhattan penthouse try to talk and act hood was weird. Everytime he said nigga it was like nails on a chalkboard.
was just thinking the same thing. it was an awkward scene. but i wonder whats up with the other dude who keeps eyeballing Tariq, and offered to drive him back.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The scene with Tariq and Bobby Brown (Cain) made me laugh. Hearing the prep school kid who was raised in a Manhattan penthouse try to talk and act hood was weird. Everytime he said nigga it was like nails on a chalkboard.
that part was horrible.if that was real that dude would have killed tariq.the show just don't make no sense at all i mean there's no way tasha would be in jail no way sacs would be in control or the rican ladies statement would be valid etc.for one tasha had no gunshot residue on her hands plus they didn't check the son and he was there at the club who would have had the gsr on his hands.so is trash i mean i am gonna finish it just to see more bull come to light.acting is very bad,mary isn't believable at all.young bobby brown is the only one thats half way believable.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
wtf, that was a waste of a good actor and potential character.
or the rican ladies statement would be valid
He kept telling her to answer yes or no, but she kept rambling after every question, then once she got out what the she wanted to say, he'd jump in and say "yes or no" again. I bet something happens to her before the trial.

Last edited:

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wtf, that was a waste of a good

He kept telling her to answer yes or no, but she kept rambling after every question, then once she got out what the she wanted to say, he'd jump in and say "yes or no" again. I bet something happens to her before the trial.
yea i thought that was dumb that would never happen in real life,you always have to explain your answer but i do agree with you that something will happen to her before the trail.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
lol at mary j character asking dude to find out out everything they can about tariq
they dont watch the news everybody else seems to know who he is except that family

Everybody in the school knows, but they don't know, and Tommy and Ghost ran the underworld in New York :lol:

Much less him having the biggest club where all the shootings happen.

Oh, and he was running for Governor :hmm:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The acting was a bit off in this episode.
I didn't mind looking at Tasha in her funeral dress but it was way to sexy for a funeral
LMAO at Tate helping to carry the coffin and wearing a campaign button at the funeral. The ghetto college chic was cute.
I guess most of the women in the cast have signed no nudity contracts.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
The acting was a bit off in this episode.
I didn't mind looking at Tasha in her funeral dress but it was way to sexy for a funeral
LMAO at Tate helping to carry the coffin and wearing a campaign button at the funeral. The ghetto college chic was cute.

Ghetto college chick was a bitch from love n hip hop "light skin Keisha"
light-skin-keisha-image.jpg

Mogul-Management-LiteSkinKeisha-Gallery-3.jpg

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Why do y’all hate this show? Honestly it’s entertaining and funny as fuck.
because it didn't start off that way. It was entertaining and the writing was somewhat believable. Now, it's just dumb. have you seen the second episode of this season? I'm watching now and am already shaking my head. The loud chic in the classroom.....really? i just watch it to support black actors.

:lol: No it’s not, again we’ve watched Tariq from the beginning be a rich brat who didn’t know shit. We’ve seen him fuck up again and again but NOW all of a sudden his phone keeps ringing and it’s major player after major player wanting to meet up with him, Tasha keeps having these moments were she bucks her eyes like “omg how did Tariq pull this off”...no no no. When Mary said she wanted the cop to find out everything about “TY”rique St. Patrick I laughed out loud. I also Laughed when once again they had Sax getting caught doing dumb shit again, how many times have we heard someone tell him “you better do everything by the book” and you know he’s not going to do that. Like others I’ll continue to watch the same way I did that trash show P-Valley but the show isn’t good

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
has there ever been a show that people luved to hate more than this one ...?

shit has got to b some kind of record or is it only on BGOL ..?

i would think so cuz if they went off BGOL shit would have ended after season 3 ...

:roflmao:

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I don't know, it's been said before by a cast member that everyone on the show (except the minors of course) signs a nudity waiver. I'm guessing that there will be a lot less nudity this season though because of COVID. They didn't finish filming the full season before NY went into lockdown and now that Production has started back up they'll probably try to limit person-to-person contact as much as possible despite everyone being tested.

I heard that daytime Soap Operas have started using mannequins during love scenes to prevent contact, so I wouldn't be surprised if Power scales back.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit pales in comparison without Ghost, Tommy and AUSA Valdez.
Mary's family is the only reason why I'm entertaining this.
Its a fresh story line that I might as well watch play out.
Yeah, I'm giving the show a chance but it's nothing like Power was at its peak.
I am liking MJB's character.
Anyone else think they're borrowing a bit from 'Empire' with the sons who are angling to take over the family business?