POWER Book all seasons discussion thread (Power Book II: Ghost canceled )

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sopranos was a much better written show. It would be safe to assume that the sequel would be well done.

Power is poorly written. Great concept but the writing is bad.

When you think about it....this shit is moronic. Can you imagine Sopranos making another season without Tony Soprano and calling the shit "Sopranos: GHOST OF TONY" or some shit? :lol: They didn't even bring Tommy back this shit is wild. :lol:

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I enjoyed the show but as another person said, it's basically Power Season 6

I'm sure this will be a "limited series" 10 episodes and then they move on to the next book.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Observations:

1. A nice sampling of female skin and nudity for a first show.

2. They should get a whole new theme song. "This is a big rich town. I just come from the poorest part". Those words apply to Ghost not Tariq who grew up rich and privileged. I know that Ghost's name is in the title, but just like the original Power was centered around Ghost. This show is centered around Tariq.

3. The school counselor lady is FINE.

4. Was Tariq wearing a skirt towards the end? :smh:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You never seen plaid pajama shorts before?

Observations:

1. A nice sampling of female skin and nudity for a first show.

2. They should get a whole new theme song. "This is a big rich town. I just come from the poorest part". Those words apply to Ghost not Tariq who grew up rich and privileged. I know that Ghost's name is in the title, but just like the original Power was centered around Ghost. This show is centered around Tariq.

3. The school counselor lady is FINE.

4. Was Tariq wearing a skirt towards the end? :smh:

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Any of you college niggas ever walk in on your roommate fucking, similar to how it was shown in the episode

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup. College was about fucking 24/7.
Like think about girls were just whored the fuck out in my school it was insanity!
Insanity.
Trains, orgies (which is different than a train) it was insane.
Any of you college niggas ever walk in on your roommate fucking, similar to how it was shown in the episode

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah this shit right here........I thought maybe we were going to get a new show but its the same shit as Power. Its literally the same show. :lol: And maybe that's on me but I thought they'd start over since they ran Power into the ground.

This shit is literally the same writing, tone....plot...

It was not a good idea to write a show around Tariq's character at all.
Holy shit this was bad......

:lol: :lol:Shits horrible, Tariqs “I’m a good student at school but hood when no ones looking” act wasn’t working and got old quick on the original POWER series and it’s even worse now that the show is centered around him. From the beginning they portrayed Tariq as a rich brat who wanted to be hood then all of a sudden they made him this mastermind, HELLL NAH!!!

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
So you continue Power Season 6 with the worst and least likable characters on the show? Smart :hmm:

Who the fuck wants to see Sax as part of the main story line?

and why are you naming the shit Ghost if he's supposed to be dead? Dude better be coming back like 50 Cent looking like Professor X.

And is this muthafucka 40 in school reading Moby Dick?

And how are they going to have him tutoring someone, meanwhile you have it like he's not that smart himself?

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
Registered
yall not tired of drug and gangster stories yet?

I refuse to support shyt like this

Yall clown Tyler perry to hell and back but line up to watch YET another show like this

Atleast he does something different

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
I am hearing they have the same theme song?

That shit is wack and insulting to the intelligence of the audience.
they should have brought the tre songz version back for this garbage

50 said it was going to be the Trey Songz version for the Tariq show. But people got so tight about it when they used it for like two episodes last season instead of the one with Joe, 50 like "well fuck it, I ain't gone change it then."

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
I thought it was good episode. It’s something to watch so I won’t complain much. Lol This and Lovecraft Country will hold me down for a bit.

That's how I feel. It's interesting enough.

I get it, it's Tariq moving like how Ghost was probably moving in college to segue into Tariq ultimately evolving into Ghost.

Like I said last season, I'm thru trying to poke holes in it. It is what it is. It's not going to be the best writing, some shit ain't gone make sense, some shit gone be predictable as fuck, but fuck it.

I'm too invested in the series to ignore it at this point.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: :lol:Shits horrible, Tariqs “I’m a good student at school but hood when no ones looking” act wasn’t working and got old quick on the original POWER series and it’s even worse now that the show is centered around him. From the beginning they portrayed Tariq as a rich brat who wanted to be hood then all of a sudden they made him this mastermind, HELLL NAH!!!
Right....when he become some genius behind the scenes guy like they painting him to be?

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess the constant visual will be Tariq running
It's funny because all of this would be resolved if Ghost's club had at least a dozen cameras.
It's enough in the show to hold my interest and the eye candy is always a good thing.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
So you continue Power Season 6 with the worst and least likable characters on the show? Smart :hmm:

Who the fuck wants to see Sax as part of the main story line?

and why are you naming the shit Ghost if he's supposed to be dead? Dude better be coming back like 50 Cent looking like Professor X.

And is this muthafucka 40 in school reading Moby Dick?

And how are they going to have him tutoring someone, meanwhile you have it like he's not that smart himself?

How the hell does Sax keep getting government jobs, he’s gotten multiple people fired and even killed because of his dumb shit. Everybody knows he’s a fuck up but here we go with the asian guy getting him a job...smh

Right....when he become some genius behind the scenes guy like they painting him to be?

Dude was fucking up over and over, getting scared and running off during crimes, even got HIS SISTER KILLED because of his dumb shit but then all of a sudden he started blackmailing grown men, coming up with plans to save the family. They even got Tasha who has been in the game for years and knows how things go all of a sudden listening to plans that Tariq has come up with :hithead: