Samsung Unpacked - Watch 6, Flip and Fold 5, Tablet S9

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor

I traded my tab s7+ for the 9+. After reviews I'll trade my pixel 7 pro for the Fold 5, if reviews are good. Keeping my S23U.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Ordered that fold 5 at 7am att gave me 1200.00 for my fold 4.

Screenshot-20230726-072416-Firefox.jpg

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Man, I just traded my Z Fold 3 for a straight-up S23 Ultra.

I loved the form factor when it was folded and opened it was convenient. But, when you fold it EVERYTHING is folded - wires and shit so I had little niggling issues like echoes on speakerphone, etc. Not to mention the fold eventually got bubbles under it. The screen didn't stop working like the first one I sent back in which the screen went dead after the fold bubbled.

All in all, not enough pluses for me to get another fold for a while.

clitsational

Rising Star
Platinum Member
due to my own foolish prejudices i got the s8 ultra

then i got my hands on a ipad for like a week

no contest

that ipad was a beast and so much better in every way than the android

i am now eagerly awaiting the ipad mini 7

:cool:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Shit I forgot about the trade in. Yeah I have 4 with the bezel and a 5 without bezel. The 5's without the bezel were wack. Gonna trade up too
Trading in both you might get that 6 for like $50.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor

I loved the form factor when it was folded and opened it was convenient. But, when you fold it EVERYTHING is folded - wires and shit so I had little niggling issues like echoes on speakerphone, etc. Not to mention the fold eventually got bubbles under it. The screen didn't stop working like the first one I sent back in which the screen went dead after the fold bubbled.

I was just looking at a friends Zfold yesterday and it was saying how much he loved it and talking about the new one coming out and I was thinking about trading my S23 Ultra. I told him I'd probably end up selling my S8 Ultra if I got that because that thing was the size of a small tablet

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I was just looking at a friends Zfold yesterday and it was saying how much he loved it and talking about the new one coming out and I was thinking about trading my S23 Ultra. I told him I'd probably end up selling my S8 Ultra if I got that because that thing was the size of a small tablet

It depends on your needs. If you regularly keep several windows open for business then I'd say it makes sense. Other than that a phablet (S23) is just fine size-wise. Of course, there's the wow factor when you open it but also the PIA that it has no storage for the pen and the battery is nowhere near as long-lasting as the Ultra.

But it's your money bro, buy what you enjoy.

KrafMatik

Rising Star
Registered
Watch 6 classic looks nice but can't justify trading in my 5 Pro and spending more money for a smaller battery.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Galaxy watch 6 classic the only thing I'm interested in.

I've got the Galaxy 5 pro (Titanium). It's okay. I do like the bezel on the Classic 4 but the battery is better on the 5. I wish I liked wearing it more than like wearing my conventional watches.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Your review right there is more than enough reason for me to never ever buy a fold. Ultra Plus for me for life.

odo7mF.jpg

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor

I just had the screen protector peeling issue on my Fold 4 happen over this weekend and then the inside screen randomly cracked. Luckily it's covered under warranty. I'm just waiting for UBreakIFix to get the parts in stock so they can do the repair. As soon as that's done, I'm trading it in for the 5 so I can reset the warranty window and add insurance as well. Thought bout the 23 Ultra for a moment but I love the formfactor of the Fold so much it'll feel weird going back to the smaller screen and layout.