Samsung Unpacked - Watch 6, Flip and Fold 5, Tablet S9

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Your review right there is more than enough reason for me to never ever buy a fold. Ultra Plus for me for life.

I just had the screen protector peeling issue on my Fold 4 happen over this weekend and then the inside screen randomly cracked. Luckily it's covered under warranty. I'm just waiting for UBreakIFix to get the parts in stock so they can do the repair. As soon as that's done, I'm trading it in for the 5 so I can reset the warranty window and add insurance as well. Thought bout the 23 Ultra for a moment but I love the formfactor of the Fold so much it'll feel weird going back to the smaller screen and layout.

I would say if you don't use it open at least 60% of the time it's not worth it. I know some people like to play games on it so there is that. But for me it was a business tool and I found the lack of pen (yes, I had a pen and a case which had a pen holder, but that added to the size), weak battery life, and little issues to be a deal breaker.
Unless you need multiple windows on-the-fly then I'd just go with a tablet (I have an 8.5 and an 11"). When I see clients depending on the complexity of the work I'll use any from the same up to my laptop.

The battery on the Ultra is twice as strong as the fold and the pen is contained in the body. the screen is big enough to do rough workups.
I'll get used to the body size. After all before the fold I was rocking Notes.

But to each his own. Get what works best for you.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I would say if you don't use it open at least 60% of the time it's not worth it. I know some people like to play games on it so there is that. But for me it was a business tool and I found the lack of pen (yes, I had a pen and a case which had a pen holder, but that added to the size), weak battery life, and little issues to be a deal breaker.
Unless you need multiple windows on-the-fly then I'd just go with a tablet (I have an 8.5 and an 11"). When I see clients depending on the complexity of the work I'll use any from the same up to my laptop.

The battery on the Ultra is twice as strong as the fold and the pen is contained in the body. the screen is big enough to do rough workups.

Your right. Fuck dat fold. :yes:

3arKrq.jpg

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor

I feel you. I still have a S21 Ultra as a backup and I know the 23 Ultra is an excellent phone. I do have a Tab S6 that I'm probably gonna upgrade to the S9. The convenience of the larger screen form factor on the fold especially when working with browsers, documents and spreadsheets was a benefit that makes it hard for me to go back to a normal candy bar phone. Not saying it's a necessity at all but it is an enjoyable experience and benefit.

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered

Thanks for the assessment. I was mildly close to pulling the trigger but you slapped me back to reality.

Carry on…..

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I feel you. I still have a S21 Ultra as a backup and I know the 23 Ultra is an excellent phone. I do have a Tab S6 that I'm probably gonna upgrade to the S9. The convenience of the larger screen form factor on the fold especially when working with browsers, documents and spreadsheets was a benefit that makes it hard for me to go back to a normal candy bar phone. Not saying it's a necessity at all but it is an enjoyable experience and benefit.

I can dig it. I can definitely see it being of use to some people, just not me. My whole thing is for people to enjoy their purchases. So if you do that's great.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
I have the 4 as well but can't see a reason to upgrade even with the crazy trade-in deals.

What made you pull the trigger?
1200 off is the number one reason. Back to all black is my second reason. This all black 5 is funky with the black trim. I don't like the look of the back with different colors when it's unfolded so its back to the all black for me. My fold 4 stopped opening all the way. My fold 4 has a mic issue for some reason when I answer calls I have to say hello about 3 or 4 times before the other person can hear me and apps like Shazam and sound hound won't work at all.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Do you have issues looking at Bgol on your tab? Menu threads that have twitter or IG links?
Any issues i've encountered are the same as they would be on my main browser. Twitter is where I usually have issues of tweets showing as unavailable but if I click on them then I can launch them in a separate tab for the tweet itself.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got the 2, 3 & 4. 3 to 4, I justified getting because the front screen was just a little but noticeably wider. I'm usually on a new phone every year but I can't justify getting the 5. I'll check it out in the store before I make my final decision but I'm not in a rush.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Is there a way to get custom watch faces for the watch 6?

I want something close to these:

Amazon product ASIN B08V3XK416
Amazon product ASIN B07JZHKCVQ
Amazon product ASIN B01AAPXZMY
The wonder woman faces I've seen so far are either pictures or cartoonish and I want something that looks like a real watch face. Just the face not the bezel portion.
You need Facer

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
so nobody fucking with the Samsung Ring tho....

I'm sure trying to understand the point of the ring.
If I already have a watch & the app on my phone, then why would I need the ring?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I already have a watch & the app on my phone, then why would I need the ring?

I guess its for folks that want to be even more lowkey reading their emails and text...Im in agreement

with you tho, I have no problem wtih watches so I see no point in the ring,

but you have folks out there, thats always gotta one UP a muthafucka, so I guess they are marketing

this shit to THOSE guys..

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

For me the only reason would be that I don't always wear my watch when I opt to wear a traditional timepiece. I have a nice collection of timepieces and like to wear one from time to time instead of my watch.