Sci Fi Heads (Star Wars / Star Trek): Federation Vs Dominion Vs The Republic Vs Separatists

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Federation Vs Dominion Vs The Galactic Republic Vs Separatists

It seems like it depended on which side you on

but each is depicted as corrupt on some level...

especially as the series have expanded into television, novels and comics.

300px-Flag_of_the_United_Federation_of_Planets.svg.png

Watching Star Trek Deep Space 9 re-runs and it seems like MANY civilizations HATE the Federation and find them oppressive.

200px-Galactic_Republic.svg.png

And Star Wars the Clone Wars animated series continue to show the mistreatment of the clone soldiers by the Republic and the war destroying many innocent civilizations insisting on remaining neutral.

Many Jedi going to the Dark Side and the Separatists actually treating those who sided with them early VERY fairly...

AND WHICH ONE IN YOUR OPINION WAS MORE POWERFUL???​

So can ya'll help me out here???

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i started it and I feel like...
39600859788678413815.gif

but I really aint hardcore with the sci-fi like that so I was very surprised shit got so deep and so many shades of grey.

No one could imagine in the late 70s/early 80s even IMPLYING that the Federation/Republic might be depicted as anything other then utopian.

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I re-wrote a story where Dru-Zod and Jax-Ur were the protagonist and Jor-El was a douche bag. In Fact the House of El was built on a lie - Story is called SINS OF OUR FATHERS.

I was inspired when I found out Megatron is really the transformers version of Sparticus... Who eventually turned corrupt.

Last edited:

Archonic Monk

Rising Star
Registered
Perception is a motherfucker

Every Large organization is going to face corruption. Thats the easy answer

The not so easy answer is that when so much is on the line tuff shrewd decision must be made.

That is why leaders need to realistic and have a good moral compass

The federation did their share of dirt. Imagine you need to chose between two warring factions and one side has a vast resource of dilithium crystals. You must trend lightly in situations like this because you need that resource. By looking to other way at certain atrocities you can do a great service to your people by getting your hands on a vital resource.

The federation did nothing for years as the Cardassians enslaved the Bajoran people all to try and keep the peace.

How many world were left in despair when the neutral zone was mapped out

Trade policy ... heavy influence on local issues ... choosing favorites in elections.... For some people the federation was more a problem than a solution.

The Dominion offered another way a universe free from the perceived tyranny of the federation

Win: Federation

The Separatist had a reasonable premise .... They did not want to be part of the republic .. they wanted to do their own thing. Their is nothing wrong with that. However the Darkside twisted that shit up pretty good & everyone got Fucked in the end.

Win: NO ONE

Federation Vs Dominion Vs The Galactic Republic Vs Separatists

It seems like it depended on which side you on

but each is depicted as corrupt on some level...

especially as the series have expanded into television, novels and comics.

300px-Flag_of_the_United_Federation_of_Planets.svg.png

Watching Star Trek Deep Space 9 re-runs and it seems like MANY civilizations HATE the Federation and find them oppressive.

200px-Galactic_Republic.svg.png

And Star Wars the Clone Wars animated series continue to show the mistreatment of the clone soldiers by the Republic and the war destroying many innocent civilizations insisting on remaining neutral.

Many Jedi going to the Dark Side and the Separatists actually treating those who sided with them early VERY fairly...

AND WHICH ONE IN YOUR OPINION WAS MORE POWERFUL???​

So can ya'll help me out here???

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I re-wrote a story where Dru-Zod and Jax-Ur were the protagonist and Jor-El was a douche bag. In Fact the House of El was built on a lie - Story is called SINS OF OUR FATHERS.

I was inspired when I found out Megatron is really the transformers version of Sparticus... Who eventually turned corrupt.

Cool you ever publish the story or put it online?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Perception is a motherfucker

Every Large organization is going to face corruption. Thats the easy answer

The not so easy answer is that when so much is on the line tuff shrewd decision must be made.

That is why leaders need to realistic and have a good moral compass

The federation did their share of dirt. Imagine you need to chose between two warring factions and one side has a vast resource of dilithium crystals. You must trend lightly in situations like this because you need that resource. By looking to other way at certain atrocities you can do a great service to your people by getting your hands on a vital resource.

The federation did nothing for years as the Cardassians enslaved the Bajoran people all to try and keep the peace.

How many world were left in despair when the neutral zone was mapped out

Trade policy ... heavy influence on local issues ... choosing favorites in elections.... For some people the federation was more a problem than a solution.

The Dominion offered another way a universe free from the perceived tyranny of the federation

Win: Federation

The Separatist had a reasonable premise .... They did not want to be part of the republic .. they wanted to do their own thing. Their is nothing wrong with that. However the Darkside twisted that shit up pretty good & everyone got Fucked in the end.

Win: NO ONE

that may have been the BEST explanation I have ever read...

so did the eventual "WINNERS" end up being the more powerful movement...

seems to me like the Separatists/Dark side were actually MORE powerful but their inherent corruption was their downfall.

More so then the Republic being the favored choice of the galaxy.

And the Federation just seemed to overwhelm and dominate more through shrewd POLITICAL maneuvers then actual numbers. They really seem into the whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend thing"

Al Smith

Rogue Mod
OG Investor
The best argument would have been the Vorlons vs the Shadows in the Babylon 5 universe. They were both different sides of the same coin...

2Q==
images

vs
images

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
The best argument would have been the Vorlons vs the Shadows in the Babylon 5 universe. They were both different sides of the same coin...

2Q==
images

vs
images

Vorlons and Shadows were really the US vs Soviet Union during the cold war era.

Having that that let me release my inner geek...The Vorlons were some bad ass fuckers who shouldn't be fucked with.

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

2Q==
images

vs
images

i saw season 1 of this on dvd... want to watch the rest just to see how the story turns out.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Its funny because all the superior species in the universe just let the Federation and others play around in Star Trek. The Q and a few others could have ended them with a snap of its fingers. I remember that one alien that wiped out a whole fucking species throughout the galaxy with a thought because they killed his human girlfriend. Shit was in the next generation. Or that one alien who opened up the void and just toyed with humans. Then you have that species the Borg brought in from fluid space.

Damn... Cats brought up the Shadow and the Vorlons....Yeah...I'm a Sci-fi geek.

marca

Rising Star
OG Investor
y'all some true fucking geeks in the highest order :smh:

sad that I know all y'all talking bout and seen all this shit plus some more myself :yes:

now to let the geek out Vorlons were already at the top of their game and just maintaining Federation just keep the status quo through out their universe so smaller civilizations didnt matter unless they had some value or resource, separatists just wanted to do their own thing weren't interested in ruling others just wanted freedom to live as they saw fit. not a bad concept but in the grand scheme and power dominance not really something you can just allow to happen, the empire most dangerous of all their desire to rule and dominate willingness to do, kill, and use whom ever to accomplish their goals combined with the fact that within all of us there lies a dark side and desires ie: whose more deadly the man who wants your land to further his glory boast his abilities to overpower another or the man who needs your land to feed his growing family and village for whom this is simply a matter of survival and he has no intentions of just playing dead. The Empire being the ones who want glory to rule to dominate to control all that they perceive to exist.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Vorlons and Shadows were really the US vs Soviet Union during the cold war era.

Having that that let me release my inner geek...The Vorlons were some bad ass fuckers who shouldn't be fucked with.

Honestly, I have actually never seen one single solitary minute of this show...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Hold on...

The Empire is The Emperor and Darth Vader and the Dark Side

The Republic are the group of unified planets led by the Senate and Jedi Council and the clones are THEIR army.

The Rebels are Luke, Yoda, members of the original senate and Jedi (who are NO LONGER IN POWER)

The Separatists are what the Sith, Dooku, & Dark Side were ORIGINALLY & have the clone army at THEIR disposal now.

right?

K

kwazdog

O.M.G

My favorite subject,:dance: I cant talk about this now. will be back later.:dance:

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Hold on...

The Empire is The Emperor and Darth Vader and the Dark Side

The Republic are the group of unified planets led by the Senate and Jedi Council and the clones are THEIR army.

The Rebels are Luke, Yoda, members of the original senate and Jedi (who are NO LONGER IN POWER)

The Separatists are what the Sith, Dooku, & Dark Side were ORIGINALLY & have the clone army at THEIR disposal now.

right?

No the Empire = The Republic. The Empire came into existence at the end of the SW3. The Republic was dissolved by Palpatine. The Separatists were Palpatine's puppets.

The Rebels are all of those who fought against the empire.

Tazirai

Star
Registered
Yeah I remember in a episode of Babylon 5 it was said that the Mimbari had everyone shook. They asked the Mimbari about the Vorlons and they were like:

"Nah.....we don't fuck with them."

If Babylon 5 was remade with todays technology.. omg.
that series was well written AND written for 5 years MAX. It had a start, a middle, and an end. It's still one of my favorites to this day.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
that series was well written AND written for 5 years MAX. It had a start, a middle, and an end. It's still one of my favorites to this day.

It would be just behind Battlestar Galactica which I think was the best written show in TV.

The thought of seeing how modern FX would make the Vorlon ships, Shadow ships and White Stars look is scary.

Shurnuff

5 More Years Bitches!!
OG Investor

Totally agree!!!!
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: