Shows that got too f@ggy to watch

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m on the plane today and I decided to watch inflight tv. I click on series called Batwoman. Starts off good. 5:10 seconds there’s a length lesbian kiss scene that established the first theme of the show. The black girl that got kissed was cute so I said “I’ll hang in there.” Less than two minutes later there’s a backstory flashback that gets extra lezzy, so I click off and go back to watching Monk on my phone. It doesn’t end there…

Last edited:

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I then scroll through the seatback tv and see a show called BOOKIE. I saw Ray Romano and Sebastian Maniscalco. Let’s see what we got. Less than 5 minutes into the very first episode he walks into a restaurant to confront a guy who owes him money. Asks for him by name. The hostess says nobody works there by that name…I realize immediately it’s a man in drag. :smh: CLICK! No need to go further.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just over a week ago I’m on a long haul flight. I had downloaded season 3 of Umbrella Academy. I didn’t like how season 2 ended but this was a long-ass flight, so, let’s do this! Within 15 minutes a girl walks in looking and dressed like a teenage boy. I go “Nooooooo fuckin waaaaay!” Girl dressed as a boy who had a lesbian scene at the end of season two goes “Call me Victor.”:smh: CLICK!

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Someone posted this week that The Chi went extra saucy just as I was about to download season one of it. Decided not to even start it.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Wire is my favorite show of all time, and I made it through, but goddamn, the kiss betweeen Omar and his…:smh::smh::smh:

madgoose

International
International Member
I think that I read a comment here on BGOL a while back in a discussion about gay scenes in entertainment these days. The poster stated that it is hard to financing, support, cooperation for your project without the "necessary scenes and storylines". It made sense to me because everything, even commercials are flying the "Rainbow flag"!

It feels like the recognition of gay rights and acceptance of their presence is being rammed down your throat.

A few years back I read an article regarding a new Superman movie (I don't remember which one) stating that Superman's son was going to be portrayed as being gay. Why was that necessary to the storyline? I didn't watch the movie so I have no idea of the impact it may of had.

Things are going to far in my opinion.

Here in the UK laws are being changed to accommodate the LGBTQ+ community, This being said it makes you question whether we are still living in a democracy if laws are being created or changed for one particular demographic!

When hardcore reggae dancehall artist are having to apologise for their lyrics because the rainbow crowd have managed to aplly so much leverage that the artist in question are feeling the pressure of the situation affecting their bank accounts best believe Buju Banton still going to sleep singing, "
Boom bye bye inna batty bwoy head
Rude bwoy nah promote no nasty man, dem haffi dead!"

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man listen.... Ray Donovan's first two seasons with all the Black sterotypes was painful to watch!!! The steretypes were so comical and basic, that I stopped watching after 4 or 5 episodes. I was like, fuck this show!!!

I decided to pick it back up a few weeks later. Glad I did cause I love that show.

Just had to fast forward past the nonsense scenes I didn't care for. After the first season, they relaxed on the BS and the show got a million times better.
Never finished it. I made it halfway through season two. His wife was too ugly to be unsure why he cheated. LMAO!!! She was a mule.

Last edited:

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
P-Valley got some serious faggotry, but Brandee Evans & Shannon Thornton though... :inlove::inlove:
Man I didn’t even watch that joint with all the lesbians that had Pam Grier, I think. I saw no need. Women I find attractive can’t be kissing other women or getting sucked on. Ruins it for me.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I think that I read a comment here on BGOL a while back in a discussion about gay scenes in entertainment these days. The poster stated that it is hard to financing, support, cooperation for your project without the "necessary scenes and storylines". It made sense to me because everything, even commercials are flying the "Rainbow flag"!

It feels like the recognition of gay rights and acceptance of their presence is being rammed down your throat.

A few years back I read an article regarding a new Superman movie (I don't remember which one) stating that Superman's son was going to be portrayed as being gay. Why was that necessary to the storyline? I didn't watch the movie so I have no idea of the impact it may of had.

Things are going to far in my opinion.

Here in the UK laws are being changed to accommodate the LGBTQ+ community, This being said it makes you question whether we are still living in a democracy if laws are being created or changed for one particular demographic!

When hardcore reggae dancehall artist are having to apologise for their lyrics because the rainbow crowd have managed to aplly so much leverage that the artist in question are feeling the pressure of the situation affecting their bank accounts best believe Buju Banton still going to sleep singing, "
Boom bye bye inna batty bwoy head
Rude bwoy nah promote no nasty man, dem haffi dead!"

You do realize all the points you made were said back in the 1950s/1960s when it came to depicting Black folks in mainstream Hollywood entertainment.

Majority of Whites were loudly against seeing Blacks in roles in film/TV.

They wanted Blacks to be seen but not heard in roles like maids, railroad porters and janitors.

They felt seeing Black folks being shown was being forced onto them.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Never seen the series true blood cause every time I tried to watch it was full on faggotry.. never failed anytime I would turn to it , it was always some man on man shit. No way you turn to watch a vampire show and don't see violence, blood sucking, etc .. all there was some gay shit. Never watched off that alone

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You do realize all the points you made were said back in the 1950s/1960s when it came to depicting Black folks in mainstream Hollywood entertainment.

They wanted Blacks to be seen but not heard in roles like maids, railroad porters and janitors.

You can do a whole movie starring gay people without a sex scene. But can you make a whole movie with black people in it without showing the color of their skin? Black people can't hide being black but gay people can maneuver without showing their full blown gay.. never compare the two.. Kevin spacey is gay and how many characters has he played without being full on man on man scene.

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
I'm not overly homophobic. But have seen a trend of what I feel is unnecessary gay stuff being pushed in entertainment. I understand inclusion and representation for marginalized groups. But it seems some studios just throw it in to hit a checkmark on diversity/inclusion. I finished Rabbit Hole about a week ago. I enjoyed the show and hope they do a season two. But I thought it was unnecessary for the female detective investigating Weir to be gay. It added nothing to the story other than her mentioning she was keeping her teenage daughter, while her wife was at work..lol. I felt the same way about Omar being gay on The Wire. Omar was already a well developed character without being gay.

Some of you may disagree, but Lil Murder on P-Valley being gay. Was a storyline I felt was written well. It added relevant conflict that was explored and made since. And really showed his struggle of coming to grips with it and his boys finding out. I fast forwarded through all the gay sex scenes, but thought season one was decent. Haven't any of the other seasons. Also the gay couple on modern family is well written when it comes to comedy and poking fun at themselves. So there are ways to do it without it being just thrown in for the sake of having some gay shit. Just my 2 cents..

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Just over a week ago I’m on a long haul flight. I had downloaded season 3 of Umbrella Academy. I didn’t like how season 2 ended but this was a long-ass flight, so, let’s do this! Within 15 minutes a girl walks in looking and dressed like a teenage boy. I go “Nooooooo fuckin waaaaay!” Girl dressed as a boy who had a lesbian scene at the end of season two goes “Call me Victor.”:smh: CLICK!
not to defend them but that woman became a man in real life. So they had to change the story line. Smh

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Watchmen. They ruined a strong black character.
Nah.
They didn't ruin him.
The character "Hooded Justice" was hinted as being secretly gay in the original graphic novel. What the HBO series did was to create a back story for him.

But this is what Hollyweird is really big about promoting these days. Their way of showing "representation" and "diversity" means putting a Black lesbian/bisexual/transsexual or pronoun neutral person into a story that no one thought of nor asked for. Or by now making a previously established character gay or lesbian.

Then, if/when a movie/series fails or gets push back or backlash from fans because of a shift from good story telling to a focus on LGBTQ shit, the studios can then blame/accuse the audience of being "homophobic" for not wanting to watch or supporting that kind of content. :smh:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
You can do a whole movie starring gay people without a sex scene. But can you make a whole movie with black people in it without showing the color of their skin? Black people can't hide being black but gay people can maneuver without showing their full blown gay.. never compare the two.. Kevin spacey is gay and how many characters has he played without being full on man on man scene.

True.

Majority of Americans and even cats on this forum are around LGBT people every day and don’t even know it.

Majority of folks who are against LGBT have LGBT co-workers and have good friendly relationships with them and one day are shocked to find out the person is LGBT after knowing them for years.

Myself, I don’t focus on LGBT portrayals in TV/Film. It doesn’t phase me cuz I don’t give them any thought and could care less, just like watching media with predominantly White cast.

It’s interesting how cats routinely make anti-LGBT threads on the issue. From my perspective and opinion, if it bothers you….you too focus on it.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When it comes to changing channels niggas got gay fingers!
like.gif

:roflmao:

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Blackbull1970 is reallyyyy.

Entreprenegro !

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Someone posted this week that The Chi went extra saucy just as I was about to download season one of it. Decided not to even start it.
Yeah bruh that show is hard to watch...the storyline is decent...but them fast forward sences are serious! So sad with this shit! One dude in it either an alderman or running for some form office dating a tranny..then said i want to show you off to the world everybody needs to know your with me type of shit..im like huh!! Weird ass shit!! Without all that shit the show could be really decent but recommend it to no one!! Fucking bastards!!

Last edited:

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Never seen the series true blood cause every time I tried to watch it was full on faggotry.. never failed anytime I would turn to it , it was always some man on man shit. No way you turn to watch a vampire show and don't see violence, blood sucking, etc .. all there was some gay shit. Never watched off that alone
Yea i watched that show me n my wife.. and we were blown back off that shit..the show went overboard in season 3 and i just stopped watching it!! Just too much