Sonya Massey called police over possible intruder and gets killed by deputies.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member

Illinois woman who called police over possible intruder killed by deputies, attorney says​

Sonya Massey, 36, died after an early-morning encounter with deputies from the Sangamon County Sheriff’s Office on July 6, authorities said.
Get more newson

July 13, 2024, 6:00 PM UTC
By Antonio Planas
A woman in Illinois was fatally shot by law enforcement last week after calling authorities because she was scared an intruder was in her home, according to her family’s attorney.
Sonya Massey, 36, died after an early-morning encounter with deputies from the Sangamon County Sheriff’s Office in Springfield on July 6, according to a news release from Illinois State Police, which is investigating at the request of the sheriff’s office.

State police said body camera footage and other information tied to the case is not immediately being released to “protect the integrity of the legal process.”
In separate news releases, state police and the sheriff’s office said deputies arrived at a home on the 2800 block of Hoover Avenue shortly before 1 a.m. following a 911 call. The sheriff’s office said it was called over a report of a prowler.
Massey was shot during the incident and declared dead at an area hospital, state police said Wednesday.
grief mourn Sonya Massey
Donna Massey mourns in front of the Sangamon County Building in Springfield, Ill., on Friday as she attends a protest over the death of her daughter, Sonya Massey.Thomas J. Turney / The State Journal-Register/USA Today Network
In its statement the day of the shooting, the sheriff’s office said two deputies searched the area and at about 1:21 a.m. “the Deputies reported that shots had been fired, resulting in a female being struck by gunfire.”
No deputies were injured, the sheriff’s office said.

No additional details about what led up to the shooting were released by either agency.
Ben Crump, an attorney for Massey’s family, said in a statement Thursday that the shooting occurred after Massey called law enforcement because “she thought there was an intruder in her home.”
“It is extremely hard to imagine how a woman who calls the police out of fear of an intruder ends up shot in the head by police at her own home,” Crump said in the statement. “We demand that all body camera footage from this incident be released immediately so that Sonya’s family and the public can see what happened in those thirty deadly minutes. No family should have to endure the pain and suffering that Sonya’s loved ones are experiencing right now.”
Dozens of protesters gathered outside the Sangamon County Building on Friday to call for justice, according to local reports. Massey’s mother, Donna Massey, was also in attendance.
A representative for the Illinois State Police declined additional comment Friday. No one with the county sheriff’s office could immediately be reached for comment Friday.
Sheriff Jack Campbell said in a statement posted to Facebook on Wednesday afternoon that it is “imperative” the sheriff’s office “protect the integrity of the investigation by waiting for the determination from ISP.”
“My normal procedure is to respond to inquiries and to give public statements in regard to major events. And as an elected official, that is always my instinct,” Campbell said in the post. “In this case, it would not be appropriate. I’m asking for the public and the media to be patient as we seek the facts surrounding this tragic event.”
The Illinois State Police said they are working closely with the Sangamon County State’s Attorney’s Office in its investigation.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They are over charging him with first degree murder.

This is how people get off!!!!

It's definitely 2nd degree for sure.

POS shot her cause she had boiling water and then didn't want to help her??!!!

He better get some decades in prison!
This defines 1st degree murder here in Illinois. Sounds like 1st degree to me.

First-degree murder is the most serious homicide charge in Illinois. It is defined as killing another person without lawful justification and with the intent to kill or do great bodily harm, or the knowledge that the act would cause death.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
I remember some years ago, a woman called the cops to her home. They ended up killing her son. She said that she would never call the police for anything again, no matter what it was for for the rest of her life.

I kind of feel this way too. I feel it's not correct to feel this way, but I do. We have to figure out how to protect and police ourselves.The establishment is just too unworthy, and too under-trained. :(

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
They are over charging him with first degree murder.

This is how people get off!!!!

It's definitely 2nd degree for sure.

POS shot her cause she had boiling water and then didn't want to help her??!!!

He better get some decades in prison!

Hold on now....

You DO realize that 1st degree murder is a more severe charge than 2nd degree right?

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hold on now....

You DO realize that 1st degree murder is a more severe charge than 2nd degree right?

In most cases 1st degree requires premeditation....

He's not saying the cop didn't kill her, but if the DA can't prove it was premeditated, the cop will get off.

Most spur of the moment murders are 2nd degree......and have a higher chance of conviction.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
I remember some years ago, a woman called the cops to her home. They ended up killing her son. She said that she would never call the police for anything again, no matter what it was for for the rest of her life.

I kind of feel this way too. I feel it's not correct to feel this way, but I do. We have to figure out how to protect and police ourselves.The establishment is just too unworthy, and too under-trained. :(

I think I know which incident you are referencing. I saw a video posted here years ago of a woman who called the police because her son was having what appeared to be a psychotic episode. He was locked in the bathroom. When beast got the door open son was in the tub with a knife. Not even pointed at them. Shortly there after beast shot him to death. I'll never forget that. They could have taken a mattress and pressed him up against the wall. That's what I would have done.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In most cases 1st degree requires premeditation....

He's not saying the cop didn't kill her, but if the DA can't prove it was premeditated, the cop will get off.

Most spur of the moment murders are 2nd degree......and have a higher chance of conviction.
Exactly! If 2nd degree is not on the table and the jury thinks it should be 2nd degree or even manslaughter, then he gets off cause they won't have those options.

That's what I mean by overcharging.

Hopefully more options are on the table to convict this POS

Last edited:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hold on now....

He's right about over charging, there was a case in Chicago years ago. I don't remember the particulars, but the D.A. purposely over charged a cop for something, and the cop ended up getting a slap on the wrist because the state couldn't get a conviction on the serious charge.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They need to come up with a scary bitch test. In order to join the police Force. Run various test to see if your a bitch. If you fail, you can not join any police department in the country.

I will not be surprised if that CAC has a low IQ.

Rest in peace to the young sista.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They need to come up with a scary bitch test. In order to join the police Force. Run various test to see if your a bitch. If you fail, you can not join any police department in the country.

The low iq people are the ones they look for as ideal candidates

This was 2000 but still applies

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

Rezn8

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One part of the Trump Agenda 47 plan that not enough people are talking about is his plan to give full nationwide prosecutorial immunity to police. Never in the history of this country has the police been given full and complete federally-backed immunity to do whatever the hell they want. If this guy gets re-elected, Ben Crump can take an early retirement, everyone can put away your cellphone cameras, and we can get ready for an authoritarian existence that this country has never seen. If this fact alone doesn't get people off the couch and into their nearest voting booth, nothing will.

This attorney does a great job at breaking down the Agenda 47 / Project 2025 plans for the average listener. His information on police immunity begins at the 12:48 mark:

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
None what so ever. There is no excuse for shooting a woman with a pot of water in her house. After she called for help about a possible intruder. That cop is a white nationalist race soldier devil..
sounds like they entered the house without letting her know they in there
they had a mission that day racists fks

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man!!! This is so true!! Quit hiring all these idiots that are afraid of their own damn shadows!!

A woman w/ a pot of hot water put you in fear of your life?!!