South Philly "Real Deal" The Fresh Works Cheese Steak @ 2101 Reed Street, Philadelphia PA.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
No mayo on my shit though. That's disgusting. I'll take mine in chicken though as I don't eat red meat. :yes:

Vun1p0.jpg

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I haven't had a cheesestake since maybe before the pandemic. I cut a lot of bullshit outta my diet during 2020. Red meats, bacon, and anything with an overabundance cheese were at the top of that list.

It does look good tho.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I haven't had a cheesestake since maybe before the pandemic. I cut a lot of bullshit outta my diet during 2020. Red meats, bacon, and anything with an overabundance cheese were at the top of that list.

It does look good tho.
Funny enough I doubled my intake of those things since the pandemic...only live once and you may die alone sucking for air thanks to the Chinese....so bacon. :mike:

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'll be home next week, so I will check it out. Delasandros is my steak, so it gonna have to be a mighty fire ass steak for me to make a switch, but I am always down to try something new.
Delasandros is my shit! I almost always hit them up when I visit Family in Philly.

Cash only and they know how to make the long lines move.

I'm glad they closed dining inside, when you had people at the counter and folks jammed in there making orders it was crazy.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Delasandros fell off bro. It's a tourist trap. Go to Cafe Carmella or Stellas
Tourist trap? No Sir! I disagree! Delasandros is my number 1 goto cheese-steak spot.

When I'm in town it's literally majority locals when I go.

Parking can be a beast when it's crowded but that's a small point.

I always wonder what people who live across the street from the park think as customers are constantly parking and leaving all day long.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Dalessandro’s will always be my #1 followed by Jim’s as my #2.

Surprisingly, nobody rocks with Tubby’s that’s directly across the street from Dalessandro’s, by the gas station. They make a pretty decent steak as well. I’m always looking for those lesser known spots that are as good as the popular ones.

As for this one, I’ll give em a try. I’ve never had one with just salt pepper mayo ketchup. Ketchup on a steak feels wrong to me but I’m open to try it.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Delasandros is my shit! I almost always hit them up when I visit Family in Philly.

Cash only and they know how to make the long lines move.

I'm glad they closed dining inside, when you had people at the counter and folks jammed in there making orders it was crazy.

My only beef with Dlasandros is the no credit card deal. Donkeys in Camden is the same way though.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Dalessandro’s will always be my #1 followed by Jim’s as my #2.

Surprisingly, nobody rocks with Tubby’s that’s directly across the street from Dalessandro’s, by the gas station. They make a pretty decent steak as well. I’m always looking for those lesser known spots that are as good as the popular ones.

As for this one, I’ll give em a try. I’ve never had one with just salt pepper mayo ketchup. Ketchup on a steak feels wrong to me but I’m open to try it.

Tubbys is not bad at all. I like them actually.

I think I would put Johns over Jims though.

Ishkabibles right across from Jims and they dont get love either.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Tubbys is not bad at all. I like them actually.

I think I would put Johns over Jims though.

Ishkabibles right across from Jims and they dont get love either.
I like John’s steak too and how they cook it very moist. It makes for a good steak but I find it just a tad bit greasier than I’d like it. They’re def in the top 5 for me.

Man I can’t rock with Ishkabibbles. The bread is like a regular ass hero roll you can find everywhere and they don’t season their meat for SHIT. I’m guessing it’s cause they keep kosher but either way, I took two bites and put that thing in the trash. The meat was also really burnt on mine. Overall, that’s a pass for me.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
I like John’s steak too and how they cook it very moist. It makes for a good steak but I find it just a tad bit greasier than I’d like it. They’re def in the top 5 for me.

Man I can’t rock with Ishkabibbles. The bread is like a regular ass hero roll you can find everywhere and they don’t season their meat for SHIT. I’m guessing it’s cause they keep kosher but either way, I took two bites and put that thing in the trash. The meat was also really burnt on mine. Overall, that’s a pass for me.

Have you tried Angelo's?
I have heard really good things.