South Philly "Real Deal" The Fresh Works Cheese Steak @ 2101 Reed Street, Philadelphia PA.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Yea man, those steaks are terrible IMO. They don’t even try but I get if you not familiar with Philly, you could easily get caught up. It happens. Just know to keep it moving and don’t go back.

I’m not gon derail this thread too much but i’m heading to Chicago in November. Here’s what I got on ya cities list so far:

- Giardano’s
- Lou Malnati’s
- Chicago Grinder & Oven Co
- Portillo’s Chicago Dogs
- Bavettes
- NADC Burger
- Cleo’s Southern Cuisine

Any of these tourist traps???

Not so much tourists traps, we really eat at these places because they are staples in our diet and the food is fire, and they are famous because of it.

- Giardano’s - Thin crust pizza

- Lou Malnati’s - Deep dish pizza

- Chicago Grinder & Oven Co - Pizza pot pie

- Portillo’s Chicago Dogs - Chicago dog, do not ask for ketchup you might get shot. We dont play that ketchup shit.

- Bavettes - Steak

- NADC Burger - My daughter says they got the best burger on the planet, I havent been yet

- Cleo’s Southern Cuisine - Have not been

Put these on the list !

Als beef - A must have ! Italian beef, with giardinara, dipped ! Do not leave Chi without having a beef or a beef combo with italian sausage !

Vienna beef - The hot dog factory where every hot dog place in Chicago gets hot dogs ! The deli sandwiches are fire too, corned beef is smackin !

Chinatown - Go visit, every restaurant is good !

Pequods - Pizza any kind, any time ! They know pizza !

Bills drive in - Personal fav burger spot

Athenian room or Mr gyro - Chicago got great gyros !

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@jack walsh13
@the artist
@doe moe
@DC_Dude
@TheFuser
@Simply Sickenin'
@DJ

He was valid until he mentioned Pats and Genos.
Jim's should have been on that list for sure !!!
I am getting to cleavers asap !

Whats yall thoughts ?

I’ve been to Cleavers a few years ago, but to me Lorenzo’s is the best.

I figured it would be mentioned because the last few times I’ve gone to Philly the lines have always been wrapped around the building.

Ishkabibbles is one that a lot of people talk about, but I wasn’t that impress. It was ok.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Not so much tourists traps, we really eat at these places because they are staples in our diet and the food is fire, and they are famous because of it.

- Giardano’s - Thin crust pizza

- Lou Malnati’s - Deep dish pizza

- Chicago Grinder & Oven Co - Pizza pot pie

- Portillo’s Chicago Dogs - Chicago dog, do not ask for ketchup you might get shot. We dont play that ketchup shit.

- Bavettes - Steak

- NADC Burger - My daughter says they got the best burger on the planet, I havent been yet

- Cleo’s Southern Cuisine - Have not been

Put these on the list !

Als beef - A must have ! Italian beef, with giardinara, dipped ! Do not leave Chi without having a beef or a beef combo with italian sausage !

Vienna beef - The hot dog factory where every hot dog place in Chicago gets hot dogs ! The deli sandwiches are fire too, corned beef is smackin !

Chinatown - Go visit, every restaurant is good !

Pequods - Pizza any kind, any time ! They know pizza !

Bills drive in - Personal fav burger spot

Athenian room or Mr gyro - Chicago got great gyros !
This what I’m talkin bout! :yes: :yes:

Good lookin out on the Italian beef reminder. I’ve heard great things about em. Def adding those you mentioned to the list.

Imma have to spend some time walking that Magnificent Mile.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
This what I’m talkin bout! :yes: :yes:

Good lookin out on the Italian beef reminder. I’ve heard great things about em. Def adding those you mentioned to the list.

Imma have to spend some time walking that Magnificent Mile.

You can get italian beef at Portillos, I just think Al's is better.

If you havent tried a pizza puff make sure you get one, you can get the just about any hot dog or hamburger spot. They are not healthy by any means, just a deep fried pastry pocket of sauce, cheese and meat, absolutly delicious !

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
You can get italian beef at Portillos, I just think Al's is better.

If you havent tried a pizza puff make sure you get one, you can get the just about any hot dog or hamburger spot. They are not healthy by any means, just a deep fried pastry pocket of sauce, cheese and meat, absolutly delicious !
Dammit man! This like a gourmet hot pocket. Loving it already