Speedtest Time....Show us what ya got!!!

blackman8

Star
Registered
This test is somewhat skewed for Comast customers bc they have SpeedBoost which bumps your speed up to 12MB for the first 2mb's of the file you're downloading.

Also how do you ninjas live w/300 and below speeds? Do you limit yourself on how many things you download @ once? Are you aware that you can probably be 4x faster by shopping around? I'd kill myself :smh:

Downloads max out around 800kb/s, highest I've seen was 1200kb/s.
$99 - comcast triple play (phone,cable,internet)

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
420173480.png

justfacts

Star
Registered

TruSpeed. I'm getting ready to drop my Verizon FIOS in favor of Comcast TruSpeed. I'll see how fast it is without the ext. firewall and routers. I've got a test line from my girl's pop. Seems to be more consistent than any connection I've ever had. Sent out 150,000 packets last night received 100% with only 7 packets lost. DOCSIS 3.0 could give FIOS a run for their money.

justfacts

Star
Registered
What's TruSpeed?

I'm not even sure of the tech, but it is channel-bonded down and upstreams for more consistent speeds. Supposedly, it's supposed to make the connection more stable despite how much traffic is on one particular node. No slowdown, no lag, no timeouts due. I haven't really tested it hard. They gave it to my girl's father to beta test, but he doesn't use the internet nearly as much as I do.

VegasGuy

Star
OG Investor
Be serious - Windows 7 has about 0.0001% of an impact on your wire speed

Come on. Break me off like a 5 year old. Why do you say the network components in an operating system has a less than 1 percent impact on download speeds?

This is gotta hear. :cool:

-VG

Devilstrider

Rising Star
OG Investor
People with verizon is that fios or just DSL? Because i have charter and its pissing me off. Thinking about going to AT&T or verizon.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Mine is FIOs. They offer two packages: 10MB Down/2 Up or 20MB down/ 4 Up. I have the latter. Works great! Definitely and improvement from DSL (1.5MBs down :smh:).

Rick Ronson

Banned

Its a motherfucking shame I pay the same as anyone at comcast and look at my shit.

Comcast is full of shit in areas where there is no other option.:angry:

Fios doesnt make it to D.C. until 2012.:smh:

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
People with verizon is that fios or just DSL? Because i have charter and its pissing me off. Thinking about going to AT&T or verizon.

i have charter cable in nc. it's probably the best internet connection i have. i pay 39 bucks for 10 meg speed and it keeps it at 10 megs stable all day. i see faster download speeds then i do on my 18meg connect in cleveland.