STOP ACTIN LIKE A BITCH! BE A MAN! how we teach little boys to wear the mask

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So geech I guess wars should never have been fought....or revolutions should never have bloodshed?

So American colonies should have just reasoned with England

now youre being glib...but answer this..

HT_shooting_mugshots_jtm_131226_16x9_608.jpg

From left, Khalil Ahmad Bradley, Jaquade Marquis Miller and Alonza Tevyn Davis (Jacksonville Sheriff's Office)
All five of the people arrested on the scene were charged with crimes related to fighting. Three of those arrested, including one minor, were charged with felonies. Two other juveniles, who have not been named by police, were charged with misdemeanors.

since you brought it up...you tell me what marauders invaded that movie theater?? Who took food off their table and burned down their homes and raped their women that night? What hoardes of crazed killers swept thru that mall area and caused them to react in such a way?

Where were the feminist and gays that night to influence them to start a melee at a goddamn movie theater?? We KNOW three black men weren't mobbing to see a tyler perry movie so I guess the white man must have enticed them with anchorman 2 and 47 ronin right?? :hmm:

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yet he wants us not to mention feminism :rolleyes:

dude you can't deal with the topic without referring to feminism..I responded to your last post with a question of my own and you haven't answered that:hmm:

you didn't answer the martin/incognito issue..

you used a term called pseudomasculinity and disregard hypermasculinity but that seems to be a difference without a distinction.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
“A little boy falls down and the first thing we say as parents is ‘Get up, shake it off. You’ll be OK. Don’t cry.’ A little girl falls down, what do we say? ‘It’s going to be OK.’ We validate their feelings. So right there from that moment, we’re teaching our men to mask their feelings, to not show their emotions. And it’s that times 100 with football players. You can’t show that your hurt, can’t show any pain."

- Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears receiver

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"Many boys feel as if violence is the only way to resolve conflicts. I've seen boys result to violence because they felt disrespected or threatened in some way. Violence was a constant part of my life when I was a child. I fought other boys and had to defend myself against attacks. This constant aggression was unhealthy and affected my relationships. We have to teach our sons healthier conflict resolution techniques. Violence usually leads to more violence. Masculinity isn't defined by our ability to hurt and dominate others." - Frederick J. Goodall

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One option is fists against what...someone saying something that hurt your feelings?? Someone who hasn't touched you but makes you feel excluded?? the legit option is to punch them in the face??

Its a no win issue for the person..martin in this case. No one in that locker room touched him. No one made him fear for his safety..he just didn't like the alienating environment. If he walks away he's a pussy and can't take it..if he hits incognito he's wrong for escalating "joking" to a physical level and opening himself up to punishments and actions against him for assault or fighting in the locker room and he's STILL a pussy for handling it like that...management doesn't want to get involved and even SUGGESTS he go violent. you saw that everyone on the team took incognitos back going so far as to him a pass for using the n-word..so what options is he left with??

He can ignore it......why can t he ignore it?

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dude you can't deal with the topic without referring to feminism..I responded to your last post with a question of my own and you haven't answered that:hmm:

you didn't answer the martin/incognito issue..

you used a term called pseudomasculinity and disregard hypermasculinity but that seems to be a difference without a distinction.

Pseudo is fake

My definition is false manhood.....ie manhood being defined by how many women you sleep with....how much money you have and how well you can fight.....its false and fake manhood/masculinity......

So called hyper masculinity is being defined by FEMINIST as over aggressive male behavior....and its only deemed that way when it goes past the boundaries of what feminist thing male behavior should be....

Many FEMINIST try to call so called hypermasculinity violence or sexual aggression....meanwhile women can be both...so how is that hyper masculine?

Concerning men relating to men.....i think some of the things in the video are necessary for certain environments that males find themselves.....in grade school sometimes appearing tough is necessary in order to keep other boys from wanting to test you...something that will never change because it is primitive male behavior that maturity curbs......

Wrestling and playing rough with boys is NORMAL BOY BEHAVIOUR that FEMINIST want to call hypermasculine because it doesn t fit their box....and that is sad....

And yes...sometimes boys need an emptional outlet...so there doe have to be balance....but eliminating a violent solution completely from the option list is not how the world was shaped........ie revolutions from tyranny, wars against corrupt governments....etc.

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
The problem with the way a lot of people describe masculinity, and "being a man" lis it eaves little room to expand the definition. Most times, people mean for a male to be a rock. Emotionless.

A few months back now, I was on the 13 Trolley dumb late headed home. Talking around 1am Thurs night/Fri Morning. There was a mother on the trolley with about 5 of her kids ages ranged from baby to 13. The 2nd to the youngest was a little boy maybe 3 years old. The boy tries to go from one seat, down the aisle to another. The trolley jerks and the boy falls. He starts to cry. The mother yells at him to "Man the fuck up." A FUCKING THREE YEAR OLD! A three year old falls, he cries. That shit is universal from here to fucking Sri Lanka. That's what the fuck they do. But the little black boy has to man the fuck up.

About two or three minutes later, tear stained faced and embarrassed, the little boy tries to go from one seat over to his mom and puts his arms out for her to hug him. She responds with, "Nigga no." The boy is defeated and embarrassed AGAIN, and the mother says, "We gotta toughen you the fuck up."

Lesson for the boy:
Pain = Not man
Embarrassment = Not man
Emotion = Not man
Affection = not man

Hopefully he has someone else in his life to counter his mom's ill teachings, or this child will grow up to be callous as fuck toward most things.

Do you know why she did that?

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I consign everything you said. One moment feminists want is to be soft but when they want us to protect them they want us to be tough and hard as nails.

Pseudo is fake

My definition is false manhood.....ie manhood being defined by how many women you sleep with....how much money you have and how well you can fight.....its false and fake manhood/masculinity......

So called hyper masculinity is being defined by FEMINIST as over aggressive male behavior....and its only deemed that way when it goes past the boundaries of what feminist thing male behavior should be....

Many FEMINIST try to call so called hypermasculinity violence or sexual aggression....meanwhile women can be both...so how is that hyper masculine?

Concerning men relating to men.....i think some of the things in the video are necessary for certain environments that males find themselves.....in grade school sometimes appearing tough is necessary in order to keep other boys from wanting to test you...something that will never change because it is primitive male behavior that maturity curbs......

Wrestling and playing rough with boys is NORMAL BOY BEHAVIOUR that FEMINIST want to call hypermasculine because it doesn t fit their box....and that is sad....

And yes...sometimes boys need an emptional outlet...so there doe have to be balance....but eliminating a violent solution completely from the option list is not how the world was shaped........ie revolutions from tyranny, wars against corrupt governments....etc.

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
Pseudo is fake

Damn, this post is like an Angolan diamond mine

Full of jewels

:yes::yes::yes:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
:lol:

Fam, I really wish I was making this shit up. I wish I could unsee it. Shit was disturbing.

The OP's post are usually some sort of attack manhood protect femininity type of shit. I've noticed it for a while...on top of some suspect speech he uses on the board. The Internet is full of strange people pushing an agenda on the real.

Like what was said before if there is hyper masculinity then where do we see hyper femininity used, displayed and discussed with disdain??

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The OP's post are usually some sort of attack manhood protect femininity type of shit. I've noticed it for a while...on top of some suspect speech he uses on the board. The Internet is full of strange people pushing an agenda on the real.

Like what was said before if there is hyper masculinity then where do we see hyper femininity used, displayed and discussed with disdain??

And I m wondering if this will also get answered or will it be labelled as a distraction....:rolleyes:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pseudo is fake

Pseudo or hyper the bottom line is a recognition of some kind of deviation from the norm. And feminist aren't the only ones questioning where the line is drawn...the fact that you have your own term for the issue illustrates that. So getting into some discussion about who's agenda is it is is pointless because no one ever gets to the actual topic regardless of who brought it up.

And women don't get a pass for it. Women who exhibit aggressive behavior are ostracized by both men and women. Butch lesbians are a perfect example.

To your first point: Maturity doesn't curb it. By and large you see the continuation of that behavior going into adulthood. Jonathan Martin exposed that as well as other athletes. You said you think some of the things in the video are necessary for certain environments that males find themselves.. and what environment would that be? The locker room in gym class? The school yard? A frat house? The cubicle in the work place? A night club? All of these environments are the places were you can find men exhibiting extreme aggressive behavior and mentality. And where you can find groups of men perpetuating those beliefs that expressing emotion or sensitivity is soft and should be avoided. These aren't life and death situations. The subtitle of the video is an exploration of American masculinity. thats why I said we live in a FIRST WORLD INDUSTRIALIZED NATION that has the SAFEST environments one can be in (comparatively speaking) yet you see some dudes walking around like theyre a cross between Deebo and Adibisi. This is WHY it needs to be questioned and WHY we as men need to figure what the hell is going on rather than point fingers about who's agenda it is.

2. No one said wrestling and rough play is hyper masculine..the video trailer doesn't make that connection. The issue is the various ways respect is linked to violence and the subtle and not to subtle push on boys to suppress their emotions or sensitivities.

3. replace revolutions from tyranny, wars against corrupt governments....etc. with work place/school shootings, inner city street killings and spree killings and thats what we're dealing with in america. And all of those are committed by men almost solely.

He can ignore it......why can t he ignore it?
Why couldn't the others recognize that he no longer wanted to play like that or that they crossed a line and just stop fucking with him??

And this is a dismissal of the topic by attacking the person who brought it up..typical CAC tactic 101..:smh::smh: You laid down your opinion thats all needs to be said and fuck anyone else who disagrees with it. They MUST have some kind of AGENDA!!! *que dramatic music*:rolleyes:

When did the board develop this fucked up group think intolerance to debate or discussion on any serious subject:smh::smh:

Last edited:

water

OG Investor

Good luck getting this answer

:lol::lol::lol:

quickflip

Rising Star
Registered
Pseudo is fake

Damn this is pretty spot on

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

From my understanding hyper-femininity is going in the extreme direction of the girly girl..all looks and glammed out and the attitude that comes with that..I guess a good example of that would be

coco-austin-licious-apparel-by-coco-red-carpet__oPt.jpg

Kim-Kardashian-on-the-red-carpet-570.jpg

and what do people think of them and women who act like that generally?? I'll take a guess and say that most people don't have a good opinion of it and them.

Last edited:

water

OG Investor
RIF Geech:

"where do we see hyper femininity used, displayed and discussed with disdain??"

:hmm:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIF Geech:

GOOGLE Kaya.. or better yet watch reality tv if you want to see it on display. You may not hear the word hyper femininity itself used as much but its there. And like I said most people hold those who act in that matter in low regard.

Now can we get back to the topic or do you want to continue to point fingers at everyone else:hmm:

water

OG Investor
RIF Geech:

GOOGLE Kaya.. or better yet watch reality tv if you want to see it on display. You may not hear the word hyper femininity itself used as much but its there. And like I said most people hold those who act in that matter in low regard.

Now can we get back to the topic or do you want to continue to point fingers at everyone else:hmm:

Notice the word I put in red "discussed in disdain"

You addressed the word "display"

Address the disdain part, it's a short sentence too, don't know how you missed it

:cool:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Notice the word I put in red "discussed in disdain"

You addressed the word "display"

Address the disdain part, it's a short sentence too, don't know how you missed it

:cool:

The DISDAIN youre looking for doesn't use the word hyper feminine specifically very often but it is pointed in the women who do exactly that. Some examples

Our society has a history of associating childlike qualities with women. The cult of true womanhood that emerged in the 19th century dictated that white women possess the childlike qualities of purity and submissiveness. (Women of color were left out of this idealization then, as they are now, which is one reason there is no black Zooey Deschanel.) Susan Faludi said, “The 'feminine' woman is forever static and childlike. She is like the ballerina in an old-fashioned music box, her unchanging features tiny and girlish, her voice tinkly, her body stuck on a pin, rotating in a spiral that will never grow.”

Look even at the words we use to describe extreme femininity vs. the ones we use to mark extreme masculinity. A woman who is hyper-feminine is not a "womanly woman," but a "girly girl," emphasizing unencumbered youthfulness. A man who is traditionally masculine is, well, a man--a "manly man," very much an adult and in charge.

---------------------------
The “princess phase.” So inevitable is this period in the maturation of girls today that it should qualify as an official developmental stage, worthy of an entry in Leach or Brazelton: first crawling, then walking, then the urgent desire to wear something pink and spark*ly. Whether we smile indulgently or roll our eyes at the drifts of tulle and chiffon that begin accumulating in our daughters’ rooms around age 4, participation in these royal rituals has come to seem necessary, even natural.

Yet the princess phase, at least in its current hyper-feminine and highly commercial form, is anything but natural, or so Peggy Orenstein argues in “Cinderella Ate My Daughter.” As she tells the story, in 2000 a Disney executive named Andy Mooney went to check out a “Disney on Ice” show and found himself “surrounded by little girls in princess costumes. Princess costumes that were — horrors! — homemade. How had such a massive branding opportunity been overlooked? The very next day he called together his team and they began working on what would become known in-house as ‘Princess.’ ” Mooney’s revelation yielded a bonanza for the company. There are now more than 26,000 Disney Princess items on the market; in 2009, Princess products generated sales of $4 billion.

--------------------------
Recent protest of the redesign forced Disney’s hand and the “new” Merida was removed from Disney’s website, but the battle isn’t won—not by a long shot. In fact, I’d say we already lost the war a long time ago.

I’m sure that’s not the most uplifting thing to say ever, but it certainly seems that way. For example, despite the Merida redesign being taken down from the website, it’s still being used for their merchandising. Target recently introduce a new Merida doll that looks so little like Merida if I hadn’t been told it was her I literally never would have guessed. And though everyone is freaking out about Disney ruining Merida—and, yes, Merida is probably the most feminist Disney princess, followed closely by Mulan—Merida is hardly the biggest problem.

Every other princess has also been redesigned once they joined the Disney Princess line.
Others more qualified than me have talked about how the princesses look, so instead of rehashing anything let’s just look at what they have to say:

A similar change happened for Mulan, who resists hyper-femininity in her movie but wears the very outfit that causes her distress for the sake of Disney’s glammed-up merchandise.

Now...are YOU going to answer the thread TOPIC without using feminism as an excuse or are you just going keep doing this? :hmm::hmm: you created a topic where you can bitch and moan about the "feminist agenda" so keep that there..in THIS thread we're discussing how males relate to males and how there are some underlying dysfunctional aspects to that. IF anyone can actually do that..:smh::smh:

Last edited: