Television icon Phil Donahue dies at 88

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Phil was different because he didn’t dumb down for his audience. If he had a guest on to discuss their book, Phil had read the book ahead of time. His show was a good balance between education, entertainment, political awareness and social awareness with a little spectacle sprinkled in.

Yes, his show did influence all that followed, but none were as good.

He was the only non-Black host who would tackle racism without being exploitive or demeaning to Black folks. Jerry Springer or Geraldo would have KKK and white power skinheads on alongside NOI or Black Hebrew Israelites and label them all equally as racist, intentionally muddying the waters between racism and prejudice.

Phil was a guy who wasn’t afraid to use his platforms to give an ear to all different sides, give voice to the voiceless and when the time came, take a stand against tyranny.

Respect and R.I.P. to the blueprint, Phil Donahue

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Oprah-Phil.jpg

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was a baby watching Donahue and really was one of the reason why I started watching talk shows in the first place.

While other tots were watching cartoons I was watching talk shows with my Grandma,Donehue,Sally,Montel,Ricki Lake,Jenny Jones,The Richard Daily show,Jerry,Momma Love,Judge Wopner,Relonda....on and on and I enjoyed the hell outta of watching them.

RIP to him....tv won't ever be the same