The Dragon Prince - new Netflix series from creator of Avatar Last Airbender

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Legend of Korra was all over the place......especially that ending...:smh::smh::smh:

N0tice I didn’t mention Korra. :D

I agree. It was all over. The end was like, “fuck it - let’s just put it out there.” I would like to find out if they were rushed or not.
fuck that - the ending was shit and over all s4 was a let down - but s3 of Korra made the entire series worthwhile

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Quick review. ...

Good
Great story
Amazing voice acting
Well placed bits of humor
Great music
Great characters
Full of Avator like bits

Bad..
Somethin is fucking off with the animation to the point where it’s distracting. There just seems to be a lag. It’s causing the voices to appear out of sync and it makes the production appear choppy. I can’t tell it was an intentional choice but it was a bad choice.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
incredible story telling and characters...

might be some of the best messaging for children I've ever seen -

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
incredible story telling and characters...

might be some of the best messaging for children I've ever seen -

The story is a 10....

The voice acting is fantastic...

I’m just having issues with the animation. Like if this was done in traditional 2d animation... this could end up there with some of the best. Hopefully this is something that can be corrected.. I remember I had major issues with Star Wars rebels in Season 1 but it made major improvements later on.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The story is a 10....

The voice acting is fantastic...

I’m just having issues with the animation. Like if this was done in traditional 2d animation... this could end up there with some of the best. Hopefully this is something that can be corrected.. I remember I had major issues with Star Wars rebels in Season 1 but it made major improvements later on.
For me good story telling over shadows "eccentric"animation -best example of this: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I watched Dragon Prince on a big screen today -and by the 2nd or 3rd episode any animation issues disappeared because I was really into the story

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Damn i wish I knew sign language. I feel like I’m missing details.
probably - and I can't remember that being done elsewhere in a animation...
shit IMO she should have her own show

I love the personalities on this show - what they did with Aunty and Claudia was great - what they were able to cram in about the King and other characters with very limited to short screen time was incredible and efficient

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
probably - and I can't remember that being done elsewhere in a animation...
shit IMO she should have her own show

I love the personalities on this show - what they did with Aunty and Claudia was great - what they were able to cram in about the King and other characters with very limited to short screen time was incredible and efficient

Yeah there is like fucking Tons of backstory.

Side note... the Book that Claudia was reading “the Love of Dragons” is the same book that I believe was the name of the Play in Avatar. Also the Cube has some of the same symbols for air and water that were in Avatar.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah there is like fucking Tons of backstory.

Side note... the Book that Claudia was reading “the Love of Dragons” is the same book that I believe was the name of the Play in Avatar. Also the Cube has some of the same symbols for air and water that were in Avatar.
:yes:

"bumble-scorp" in Dragon Prince vs scorpion-bee in Avatar...

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Episode 7 “flashback” was pure Avatar...
cq4itwainqooafa9tvlq.jpg

Avatar: The Last Airbender Is Being Reborn as a Live-Action Netflix Series

“We’re thrilled for the opportunity to helm this live-action adaptation of
Avatar: The Last Airbender. We can’t wait to realize Aang’s world as cinematically as we always imagined it to be, and with a culturally appropriate, non-whitewashed cast.

It’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build upon everyone’s great work on the original animated series and go even deeper into the characters, story, action, and world-building. Netflix is wholly dedicated to manifesting our vision for this retelling, and we’re incredibly grateful to be partnering with them.”

@playahaitian

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
cq4itwainqooafa9tvlq.jpg

Avatar: The Last Airbender. We can’t wait to realize Aang’s world as cinematically as we always imagined it to be, and with a culturally appropriate, non-whitewashed cast.

It’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build upon everyone’s great work on the original animated series and go even deeper into the characters, story, action, and world-building. Netflix is wholly dedicated to manifesting our vision for this retelling, and we’re incredibly grateful to be partnering with them.”

@playahaitian

hold on what!!!

NAW ..

WHAT

WHAT...

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
hold on what!!!

NAW ..

WHAT

WHAT...
cq4itwainqooafa9tvlq.jpg

@playahaitian

Oh shit this is real...

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
cq4itwainqooafa9tvlq.jpg

@playahaitian

I had to make a thread for you... Cause this is important.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
cq4itwainqooafa9tvlq.jpg

@playahaitian

giphy.gif

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
A Second Season of The Dragon Prince Could Tweak the Show's Hotly-Debated Animation
eg60wqhpvfljxlpihqaw.gif

Speaking to The Verge recently, series co-creators Aaron Ehasz and Justin Richmond discussed the reaction to the show, the animation in particular. Here’s Ehasz on the response:

I think there’s a lot of valid feedback about the animation. It’s interesting because you look at it and you have a lot of people responding to the character designs, and the backgrounds, and the beautiful world, the cinematic storyboarding that our great director Giancarlo Volpe and his team has brought out. And then you do have people responding to some of the frame rate decisions...

It’s definitely something that, in the future, if-slash-when we’re making more episodes, we’re not gonna be able to vastly change how we make it, but we’re definitely gonna have an eye toward specific shots and scenes[:] Can we make them more fluid? Can we make them exceed the expectations that were set?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Finally,watched it...I really enjoyed it a lot.I'm looking forward to season 2.

They could of made one more episode,so I wouldn't get confused....I thought it had 10 episodes...

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
A Second Season of The Dragon Prince Could Tweak the Show's Hotly-Debated Animation
eg60wqhpvfljxlpihqaw.gif

Speaking to The Verge recently, series co-creators Aaron Ehasz and Justin Richmond discussed the reaction to the show, the animation in particular. Here’s Ehasz on the response:

I think there’s a lot of valid feedback about the animation. It’s interesting because you look at it and you have a lot of people responding to the character designs, and the backgrounds, and the beautiful world, the cinematic storyboarding that our great director Giancarlo Volpe and his team has brought out. And then you do have people responding to some of the frame rate decisions...

It’s definitely something that, in the future, if-slash-when we’re making more episodes, we’re not gonna be able to vastly change how we make it, but we’re definitely gonna have an eye toward specific shots and scenes[:] Can we make them more fluid? Can we make them exceed the expectations that were set?

Yeah the Animation just needs some tweaking......

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man they killed it with Claudia .....

Like I don’t want her to turn evil... she is too damn likable. It’s just her father corrupted her.