The Godfather EPIC

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In The Godfather (1972 film), what would happen if Apollonia was not killed and returned to America with Michael as his wife?
Original question: In The Godfather (1972 film), what would happen if Apollonia was not killed and returned to America with Michael as his wife?
Apollonia Vitelli is half-Greek, half-Italian from Sicily. She grew up under very protective, very traditional parents.
Her marriage to Michael is one of love. Michael describes her in The Godfather Part III as a “wonderful, beautiful” woman. From the twinkle in her eyes, she also loves Michael, and with Michael from America, Apollonia loves him even more. She understands in America people can be liberal-minded, wives can be considered equal to their husbands in the hierarchy of the household, and women can generally do things in society to have a fulfilling life.
Coming from an old fashion family in the hills of Sicily, Apollonia is the type who wants her freedom, away from the traditional concept of women who are expected to be silent, meek, and submissive in the presence of men in her traditional family. So, I would think she would appreciate living with Michael in the States, having a taste of women’s lifestyle (i.e. smoking, driving a car, having the latest hairstyles, etc.) there but still being a dutiful wife who takes care of her husband’s needs.
Apollonia can easily adapt to the American way of life, and would flourish as Mrs. Michael Corleone where her Greek-side can take over, managing the households, perhaps attending social functions, rearing and handling the affairs of her children, among other wifely duties. Yes, Apollonia will have children with Michael, and most importantly, she would eventually accept her fate as the wife of the Don as she has a Sicilian blood running through her veins. To her, being the wife of Michael would be like inheriting a large fortune by virtue of her Italian heritage.
In the Corleone estate, Apollonia would be protected, not to be harmed by the enemies of the Corleone. The car bomb that killed her in Sicily was an accident. It was meant for Michael. I do not see her getting a hit in the States.
She will continue to love Michael and would not demand the legitimacy of the Corleone business, but rather preserve the status quo under which she thrives.
Michael will cherish Apollonia because he is married to her and has given him children. Michael would no longer seek the embrace of Kay Adams.
That’s my take.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
what puzzle?? I'm not aware I'm boxed in anything...in any case outlaw just gave a great side story to it for the saga,...the two women expressing different sides of Michael while simultaneously fighting for his love. I love it!

He did. And I told him that

So i want YOU to write it then.