The Last of Us being adapted into HBO TV series (discussion)

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
66391299-11617689-Beautiful_Thandiwe_Newton_s_daughter_Nico_Parker_turned_heads_in-a-1_1673332174707.jpg

wait how old she is she again..? :lol:
turned 18 last month

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
Damn

I’m glad I don’t know shit bout this story

but I’m hooked, his daughter, man that shit made my eyes water, my daughters and I would always talk bout these pre/post apocalyptic times

love it

dayum game been sitting in my collection for yrs .....

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Avoided video games like the plague when I started being a part time student and full time worker way back when. Cause I'd never study if I had let myself partake....by the time I got my bachelor's, the games had changed so much that my girl's 6 year old son was kicking my ass no matter what game we played, so I just put my head down and walked away from the controller for good :lol:

Goddam any of you who didn't experience one of the greatest video games of all time!! How could you disrespect yourselves like this. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

AF0ess.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Avoided video games like the plague when I started being a part time student and full time worker way back when. Cause I'd never study if I had let myself partake....by the time I got my bachelor's, the games had changed so much that my girl's 6 year old son was kicking my ass no matter what game we played, so I just put my head down and walked away from the controller for good :lol:

:roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: I hear ya. You get a pass. I can understand that.

0Qfc2R.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I watched the Season Premiere tonight.

I am not familiar with the video game. I never played it and have no idea what it is and how this show relates to the game.

So, like a large number of viewers watching this, I am going into it blind and watching it for what it is.

It opened up with two very recognizable British actors who have co-starred in a large number of projects over the past 20 years in memorable roles. They were part of the opening of foretelling a future pandemic, like what is the backstory to this show in 1968. Hopefully we see more of them thru-out the series cuz if not, that definitely is a waste of talent.

The episode did a good job of introducing the main character Joel within the first 30 minutes in 2003, with just enough information on him without drowning the episode down with a long character development.

SHTF around the 20 minute mark letting you see how the chaos develops. And the episode then jumps 20 years to current day long into the apocalypse.

Not much in showing the infected, but just enough to get the point on how lethal they are.

Looking forward to my future ex-wife Melanie Lynsky to debut.

shutterstock_editorial_13040019cp.jpg

Melanie-Lynskey-The-Last-of-Us.png

This doesn’t come off as a series that will have non-stop action from start to finish. I suspect this will be a slow burn series that will definitely turn off folks suffering from TV ADHD. I can see a lot of talking going on with this series that will take it away from the video game. Similar to the “HALO” series.

I said I was gonna wait until all the episodes debut and binge. I’m looking now to let about 3 or 4 episodes stack up, then check on what Warner Bros. has planned for a potential 2nd season before watching.

Looking forward to future episodes.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
This is the first show I've ever watched where I know where the the story goes and what happens.
Does anyone know how many seasons this is scheduled for?
It can't go more than 3 right?
First season is supposed to cover the entire first game and dlc, no word on if they'll adapt part 2(but the ratings pretty much guarantee it.) I'm assuming last of us 2 would need to be 2 seasons since the story is a lot more dense. What they did say is they don't plan to adapt anything outside the games so no extra bullshit, thank God.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
First season is supposed to cover the entire first game and dlc, no word on if they'll adapt part 2(but the ratings pretty much guarantee it.) I'm assuming last of us 2 would need to be 2 seasons since the story is a lot more dense. What they did say is they don't plan to adapt anything outside the games so no extra bullshit, thank God.
Ok that makes sense.
Beat the 1st in like 12 hours or so lol.

Maybe they add some filler by making up some events. Or expanding the "snow part" of the show ...

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Ok that makes sense.
Beat the 1st in like 12 hours or so lol.

Maybe they add some filler by making up some events. Or expanding the "snow part" of the show ...
This article is a Pretty good read about what their plans seem to be going forward, the fact that Neil druckman is involved is great and the show runner did Chernobyl so my hype meter had been high from the start. Can't believe how much that first episode hit, Great adaptation so far.

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
I watched the Season Premiere tonight.

I am not familiar with the video game. I never played it and have no idea what it is and how this show relates to the game.

So, like a large number of viewers watching this, I am going into it blind and watching it for what it is.

It opened up with two very recognizable British actors who have co-starred in a large number of projects over the past 20 years in memorable roles. They were part of the opening of foretelling a future pandemic, like what is the backstory to this show in 1968. Hopefully we see more of them thru-out the series cuz if not, that definitely is a waste of talent.

The episode did a good job of introducing the main character Joel within the first 30 minutes in 2003, with just enough information on him without drowning the episode down with a long character development.

SHTF around the 20 minute mark letting you see how the chaos develops. And the episode then jumps 20 years to current day long into the apocalypse.

Not much in showing the infected, but just enough to get the point on how lethal they are.

Looking forward to my future ex-wife Melanie Lynsky to debut.

shutterstock_editorial_13040019cp.jpg

Melanie-Lynskey-The-Last-of-Us.png

This doesn’t come off as a series that will have non-stop action from start to finish. I suspect this will be a slow burn series that will definitely turn off folks suffering from TV ADHD. I can see a lot of talking going on with this series that will take it away from the video game. Similar to the “HALO” series.

I said I was gonna wait until all the episodes debut and binge. I’m looking now to let about 3 or 4 episodes stack up, then check on what Warner Bros. has planned for a potential 2nd season before watching.

Looking forward to future episodes.

crazy Rose .....

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Same here, the last video game console i ever owned was a Sega genesis when i was in elementary

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Another good one! Didn't mind the changes they made since it ultimately had the same impact and results. Seven brutal days of waiting until the next one.

Pedro Pascal is doing his things man, between this and mando he starts in my two most anticipated for the year.

Side note: I wish HBO made a days gone game, it launched in a near broken state but after being patched up it's an excellent game and story.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Loved that beginning.
Watching that intro again now.
That lady Professor and head military guy are great actors.
The way she holds that glass of tea, then shakes it, nervously,
when she understands what this all means. :smh:

If wondering what she meant by substrate. I didn't know it.

substrate - the surface or material on or from which an organism lives, grows, or obtains its nourishment.
"brachiopods attached to the substrate by a stalk". the substance on which an enzyme acts.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
In the game she's white and it happens exactly the same, if they changed that for this adaptation it would change the entire story and relationship between Joel and Ellie.
aight but was she black? in the game?