The official Sneakerhead Thread*************

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Getting new releases is damn near impossible for a regular Joe like myself. You either have to have a plug or pay wayy over retail. The snkrs app is a joke and buying online is to much of a hassle.
I've been able to get all the general releases I've wanted without any issue through Nike.com or the SNKRS app.
You do have to purchase the minute they drop though. No bot needed. Just gotta be quick on the draw.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
FCBV6E5

I’m done.

@FJP we started this thread on the flints and now we just ended it.

let the lil bro’nem have it.

*unsubscribes from thread*
High key them shits wack B..

KrafMatik

Rising Star
Registered
I've been able to get all the general releases I've wanted without any issue through Nike.com or the SNKRS app.
You do have to purchase the minute they drop though. No bot needed. Just gotta be quick on the draw.
Are you using a mobile device? I'm an Android user but I've heard iphone users have more success on SNKRS.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are you using a mobile device? I'm an Android user but I've heard iphone users have more success on SNKRS.
No, I usually get them on my desktop with wired gigabit Internet.
I'm an Android user too.
Has nothing to do with having an iPhone or not.
It has a lot to do with how quick you are placing the order and how fast your internet connection is.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
No, I usually get them on my desktop with wired gigabit Internet.
I'm an Android user too.
Has nothing to do with having an iPhone or not.
It has a lot to do with how quick you are placing the order and how fast your internet connection is.
Fractions of a second are literally the difference between getting "Got em" or not.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My man said “Quick on the draw”! :roflmao:

If there’s 10 thousand shoes and 100 thousand people that want them, then there’s gonna be 90 thousand mad muthafucka’s!

“Quick draw”!:roflmao:

Everybody’s little clicking the second the shoes drop and they’re instantly sold out, ain’t that much clicking on Earth!:lol:

You must be clicking like this

GwQXTUE.gif

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My man said “Quick on the draw”! :roflmao:

If there’s 10 thousand shoes and 100 thousand people that want them, then there’s gonna be 90 thousand mad muthafucka’s!

“Quick draw”!:roflmao:

Everybody’s little clicking the second the shoes drop and they’re instantly sold out, ain’t that much clicking on Earth!:lol:

You must be clicking like this

GwQXTUE.gif
LOL, not quite like that but I do make the purchase right at 9am when they drop.
A lot of people that miss out think they can roll out of bed Saturday morning at whatever time, hungover, with their janky internet connection and Boost Mobile phone. :lol:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOL, not quite like that but I do make the purchase right at 9am when they drop.
A lot of people that miss out think they can roll out of bed Saturday morning at whatever time, hungover, with their janky internet connection and Boost Mobile phone. :lol:

Nah people ain't rolling outta bet anymore, they're online at 8am for 9am releases.

The day a shoe's releases, I see all of the purchases on GOAT, eBay etc of all of the people that missed out.

Glad that you're getting your though! I don't even bother anymore.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah people ain't rolling outta bet anymore, they're online at 8am for 9am releases.

The day a shoe's releases, I see all of the purchases on GOAT, eBay etc of all of the people that missed out.

Glad that you're getting your though! I don't even bother anymore.
I'm only talking about the general releases. I don't even bother with the limited (QS) releases. It's pretty much only bots getting those.

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
An Abridged History of Hip-Hop’s Relationship with Sneaker Culture

In the 35 years since Nike first introduced the Air Force 1, one of its most iconic sneakers, rap’s relationship with the sneaker industry has gone through many phases. Rappers have gone from subtle co-signers who helped start grassroots movements to indirect ad men, to power brokers with creative control over entire lines of product.

Air Force 1s, for example, have continued to thrive for decades largely because of their important place in rap culture. They were made famous by the rappers who emerged from neighborhoods in New York, Philadelphia and other East Coast cities where the shoe was a staple amongst hustlers, and influenced generations of listeners in the process (Michael Jordan never dropped 50 points in Air Force 1s). Today, rappers dictate business and trends in a way one never thought possible, to the point where rappers have usurped athletes as the go-to tastemakers in the industry. It’s been quite a sea change in terms of how the various companies do business, but rap has always had an epochal influence on the sneaker industry.

Long before A$AP Rocky was consulting for brands and sitting front row at Paris Fashion Week, Run-DMC were showing off their adidas Superstars on MTV. Before Nike took a chance on Kanye West with a signature shoe, Reebok gave Jay-Z that same opportunity. Over the years, there have been sneakers designed and/or influenced by a who’s who of rap’s elite: Nas, Wu-Tang, Eminem, Raekwon, Cam’ron, DJ Premier, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Future, Pusha T, De La Soul and so many others.

From “My Adidas” to “Air Force Ones” and from Hammer to Kanye, here’s a brief history of rap’s relationship with sneaker culture.
Full Article