The power of intermittent fasting

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just want to add there's no evidence supporting 10k steps a day. The Japanese company that made the original pedometer used that number based on no research. It went to 10k because that was the max you could do with 4 dials.

Walking is definitely good for you but that number is made up. More walking is better but there are diminishing returns.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just want to add there's no evidence supporting 10k steps a day. The Japanese company that made the original pedometer used that number based on no research. It went to 10k because that was the max you could do with 4 dials.

Walking is definitely good for you but that number is made up. More walking is better but there are diminishing returns.
Appreciate the info. Any research to support the diminishing returns part?

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quick update since the original post where I released 10 lbs, I have now released a total of 27 lbs

Back in may I was at 347 today I weighed in at 320.

Feeling great, of course I still have 100 lbs to go, but it is in my future to accomplish this.

My goal is to be at 290 when I go to the doctor aug 1st, also of note since June 1st I have been walking 2 miles a day. On my off days I walk around a park near me wearing a 20lb ruck vest.

Been playing at lifting weights, will get serious with it starting tomorrow doing the following:

I have experienced many of these signs my clothes are now way too big for me, I can pull my work pants damn near 5 inches from my waist, I am now a 3x t shirts instead of 5x. I wanted to wait untill I was under 3 bills to buy new clothes, but my shit is looking ridiculous on me ( I think that is a good problem to have.)

The farmers walk is a secret to staying lean. When I didn't have a car for 6 years I used to put 2x 15lbs or 20lbs dumbbells in my bookbag and walk Atlanta or even to the bus stop depending on how far it was. I lived 2.5 miles from a Wal-Mart. As opposed to getting a Uber or Lyft I would walk there, pickup groceries and walk back. I'd load up on fruit, veggie, and gallons of water and walk back. I 'd bring a book bag with me to distribute the weight. Going up and down hills gets your body a crazy work out with weight applied.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i cant find the video but here’s a similar article.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

10k steps is 4-5 miles. Walking 4-5 miles a day is good for your health and I don't need any scientific evidence or report to tell me that.

If you walk at a rapid pace it's good for weight loss too.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor

Walking is underrated but I agree the number is silly.
When I had a walk heavy commute (incl subway stairs), fat would melt off without even trying.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor