Time running out to avoid crippling US port strike

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I bet you they’ll fire the black guy first.
You're right, but IDGAF. We're retiring to Panama at the end of the year. They're going to learn that being a Supply Chain Analyst has a lot to do with relationships. Andy don't have the relationships I have. Case in point: We use a thermo paste that had a 10 week lead time. I got it delivered in 8 days. We ship desktops with our devices. They had an ETA of 10/8. The quarter ends on 10/3. I made a phone call, and they were delivered yesterday. I'm very good at my job.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You're right, but IDGAF. We're retiring to Panama at the end of the year. They're going to learn that being a Supply Chain Analyst has a lot to do with relationships. Andy don't have the relationships I have. Case in point: We use a thermo paste that had a 10 week lead time. I got it delivered in 8 days. We ship desktops with our devices. They had an ETA of 10/8. The quarter ends on 10/3. I made a phone call, and they were delivered yesterday. I'm very good at my job.
I’m reading a book by Daina Remey-Berry.

Life is about relationships. They moved West because they depleted the soil. They incapable of seeing the dynamics between anything.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
What’s your take? Rush the stores or shit then shower?
Find out where the stuff you want is coming from, for now. That's what I'm doing with our vendors. A lot of our stuff is custom. If they have to depend on suppliers needing their stuff from their vendors shipping stuff to the east coast, I'm probably going to buy. I looked at our sales forecast, and if we have a forecast of 30 machines, I'm going to make sure we have enough for 35. The stuff that comes in through the west coast, I'm not going to trip, but I'm going to monitor it.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
OK, you know what I’m beginning to smell bullshit. Now I am pro union as hell but the automation thing is not going to be stopped and also look at the picture below

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Find out where the stuff you want is coming from, for now. That's what I'm doing with our vendors. A lot of our stuff is custom. If they have to depend on suppliers needing their stuff from their vendors shipping stuff to the east coast, I'm probably going to buy. I looked at our sales forecast, and if we have a forecast of 30 machines, I'm going to make sure we have enough for 35. The stuff that comes in through the west coast, I'm not going to trip, but I'm going to monitor it.
Fair enough. Time to do some research on Costco products lol

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Shit even onlyfans made like 7 times more than last yr.. last yr they made 1 billion, so you do the math on what they made this yr.. nfl made record profits, Amazon, list goes on
Man I didn't even take that seriously. Niggas act like asking stupid ass questions like Google don't exist is cool. Being a jerk and an ignoramus somehow came en vogue in the last 2 decades.
You sound like a worker.
If you built anything from the ground up you would have another idea about things.

Do you donate to charity? Cause if not, same concept you make too much money so give the extra away.

But naw I am sure you are using your money to pay for whores and pork chops that your fat bitch of a wife cooks up.

Fuck off.
Lol you the white man's bitch, bitch nigga. His ideas addle your putrid pussy brain so much you actually believe that any of that corny libertarian bullshit you just said is actually how any healthy functional society works. Fucking Ayn Rand over here. Lol you a dumb Republican bitch and don't even know it, huh? Name one fucking multi million dollar business you've built lyin ass nigga. You don't employ a single motherfucking person.ll

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Again, this is a mixed bag because I feel sorry for people who lose their jobs because of automation but at the same time we need to move into the 21st-century. Please get your children to go into coding and electronics/computers because they going to need a ton of those people in the near future.

That Coding is not a profession with job security. Back during the Obama Administration/Great Recession, the thing was “Go Learn Code”.

Big Tech/Silicone Valley is laying off workers and transitioning their workforce to Artificial Intelligence. And those are White workers, you know how it works for Black folks…”Last Hired, First Fired”.

They got AI that can do the work faster and more efficiently than a human can.

My sons are 18/20. I have told them they are entering a completely different labor market from what I grew up with and the generation behind me grew up with.

The labor market is moving fast with technological advancements faster than what economists can predict.

I told them you are entering a labor market that when you get a job, start looking for your next job cuz there is a high chance you will be getting a Pink Slip in about 5 years cuz they made your job obsolete due to AI or automation.

The idea of getting into a long term professional trade is slowly becoming rare.

The job market today, nobody saw it coming 10 years ago….we can’t even imagine what it will be 10 years from now.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Cats forgot it’s a whole west coast that goods can still come smh

True.

But this country operates with everything moving at a constant cycle.

You can’t move all those shipping containers from the west to the east where all the docks are overflowing with containers, rail and terminal yards are full of containers. Warehouses and Distribution Centers are full of containers.

You got be able to put those loaded containers somewhere.

Also, majority of folks don’t realize that a lot of the trains loaded with containers are moving them from one coast to the other. A ship will dock in Long Beach, CA., containers are put on a train going cross country to Savannah, GA, put back on a train and head to Europe.

It’s faster sometimes to go cross country than going thru the Panama Canal cuz traffic thru the canal is backed up.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Dude was about ta smack da shit outta dat bitch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EKiIjh.jpg

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
The issue is inflation.

Inflation has decreased from 9% to 3%

They can get a raise now but inflation will eat up this raise in a few years, that's why they asking for 70%.

I'm not mad at them.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I didn't even take that seriously. Niggas act like asking stupid ass questions like Google don't exist is cool. Being a jerk and an ignoramus somehow came en vogue in the last 2 decades.

Lol you the white man's bitch, bitch nigga. His ideas addle your putrid pussy brain so much you actually believe that any of that corny libertarian bullshit you just said is actually how any healthy functional society works. Fucking Ayn Rand over here. Lol you a dumb Republican bitch and don't even know it, huh? Name one fucking multi million dollar business you've built lyin ass nigga. You don't employ a single motherfucking person.ll
FUCK OFF. YOU DUMB WHORE.
KEEP EATING YOUR PORK CHOP SANDWICHES MADE BY YOUR FAT WHORE BITCH WHO DOESN'T EVEN GIVE YOU PUSSY.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The issue is inflation.

Inflation has decreased from 9% to 3%

They can get a raise now but inflation will eat up this raise in a few years, that's why they asking for 70%.

I'm not mad at them.
Except we are being lied to about the real rate of inflation.
The changed the definition of recession and the definition of GDP right in front us.
But anyways if they get what they want, they will fuck it up for themselves and everyone else.
70% is beyond fucking stupid.
They all gonna get laid off just like the auto workers. Watch.
Let's mark my words.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
FUCK OFF. YOU DUMB WHORE.
KEEP EATING YOUR PORK CHOP SANDWICHES MADE BY YOUR FAT WHORE BITCH WHO DOESN'T EVEN GIVE YOU PUSSY.
Lol what are you even talking about now, kid? I've owned my own successful food truck business for more than 8 years. It's basically a catering business now since all we do is private corporate events. Now who was the worker again? Nigga keep talking bout porkchops. Wtf? Where are idea of the porkchops coming from? Go ahead and unmask yourself some more pussy boy. Lol.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol what are you even talking about kid? I've owned my own successful food truck business for more than 8 years. It's basically a catering business now since all we do is private corporate events. Now who was the worker again?
Good. I know you get high off your own supply but when you aren't busy eating your own products, do you pay your workers the same money you pay yourself?

Do they share in your profits with you?

No they don't. Cause you would be a stupid mother fucker if you did that.

I hate a hypocrite motherfucking lying ass nigga.

Fuck off bitch.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Good. I know you get high off your own supply but when you aren't busy eating your own products, do you pay your workers the same money you pay yourself?

Do they share in your profits with you?

No they don't. Cause you would be a stupid mother fucker if you did that.

I hate a hypocrite motherfucking lying ass nigga.

Fuck off bitch.
All the workers split revenue equally on my truck. Now what's that got to do with corporate buyback with Covid Relief funds or all the myriad morally corrupt cost cutting corporate schemes to siphon off more funds to shareholders? .
Facts:
Corporate profits in the United States have reached record highs in recent quarters:

Q1 2024
Corporate profits were $3.37 trillion, a slight increase from the previous quarter

Q2 2024
Corporate profits reached an all-time high of $3,141.56 billion

Q3 2023
Corporate profits were $3.28 trillion, just shy of the all-time peak of $3.3 trillion reached in Q3 2022

Q4 2023
Corporate profits after taxes were $2.8 trillion, a $105 billion increase from the previous quarter

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Except we are being lied to about the real rate of inflation.
The changed the definition of recession and the definition of GDP right in front us.
But anyways if they get what they want, they will fuck it up for themselves and everyone else.
70% is beyond fucking stupid.
They all gonna get laid off just like the auto workers. Watch.
Let's mark my words.
These jobs aren't so easy that a caveman can do it.. I know someone who was making 200+ thousand a yr operating one of them crane type machines. You just can't have walkons at that job that will be operating that kind of machine right a way.. experience, being able to handle the workload, efficiency, etc plays a part to that type job.. remember you dealing with America supply chain.. you dealing in hundreds+ tons inside of shipping crates, safety , etc

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These jobs aren't so easy that a caveman can do it.. I know someone who was making 200+ thousand a yr operating one of them crane type machines. You just can't have walkons at that job that will be operating that kind of machine right a way.. experience, being able to handle the workload, efficiency, etc plays a part to that type job.. remember you dealing with America supply chain.. you dealing in hundreds+ tons inside of shipping crates, safety , etc
I agree 100%. Being a longshore man is also dangerous. You can die easily if you fuck around and aren't on point.
They still do not need to be striking. A cop starts of at what? $30k? You don't think they should get paid more STARTING?
Well they can't strike. They can't because it will affect people.

Neither should these bitches striking now. I don't think you see my point. I made it clear. They are going to fuck up the economy.

I don't believe ANYONE should strike and fuck up the lives of other people. FUCK EVERYONE WHO STRIKES.

They are getting paid well on top of that.