Truck Driving...is it worth it??

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
If you have a family and like spending time with your family, then no!

/thread
002.jpg

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Yes its worth it! But you have to decide what kind of driver you want to be. I have a brother thats long distance driving all the time, another brother that is local long distance and my best friend is local long distance as well. Long distance is just what it is long distance, local long distance would be one state over or two and back in the same day/night.. all my best friend make close to 100k both brothers over 100k...

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can be a city driver at Fedex (probably other places as well. I’m just speaking what I know)... probably doesn’t make as much as the long distance road drivers.. But you’re home daily and make a decent amount of money.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
UPS Feeder drivers top out at $40/hr...overtime after 8. Anything over 500 miles is paid mileage @.85 per +1.5 hrs for drop and hook. Home every night. Unless you bid on a sleeper run, they stay out either 3 or 4 days per week and bring home 3k + per week.
Only thing is, the package car drivers get seniority when feeder positions open up. Therefore it's hard to get in that waym

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Don’t go looking into UPS, UPS just recently sold UPS Freight to TFI, a Canadian based company that is notoriously anti-union.

UPS Freight was originally OverNite, they brought them out after years of fighting to get them unionized.

UPS had no experience in LTL Freight and basically fucked shit up.

UPS brought OverNite for $1.6 Billion and sold UPS Freight for $800 million.

That should tell you something.

TFI as of now has not stated whether they will honor the Teamsters contract.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
If you can get the UPS center to center drops you can make really good money.
My boy made Deputy Chief..... he's been working for UPS for years part time..... also USPS...... he's about to do his fourth year as chief...... then will retire.... he's bout 54...... gonna cash in on that 100k pension.... while working full time at UPS.... all in state....

:money::money::money::money:

gil919

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
is anyone actually watching the videos???
Im not , I was a truck driver , I still have a class A . I know what its like . Its cool if you like driving and being on the road . You get the right job you can make a ton of money . The real money is in hauling sand (fracking sand ) or anything in the oil business . These videos talking about 1000 a week , hell you can make 20k a month hauling that sand .

gil919

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I was a truck driver , I still have a class A . I know what its like . Its cool if you like driving and being on the road but Keep in mind you get paid by the mile , depends on what company that you work for and if you rent your truck from them and so on . Truck rental from that company could cost 500 a week plus the insurance could be the same or more . . You get the right job you can make a ton of money . The real money is in hauling sand (fracking sand ) or anything in the oil business . These videos talking about 1000 a week , hell you can make 20k a month hauling that sand and I mean much more than that too . I know of one company that paid you everytime you moved your truck , you could make over a grand in a day , take a load of sand 30 miles away maybe 400 bucks , come back and take another load 400 bucks . come back take another load another 400 . The oil companies dont give a damn how much you make as long as you are there .

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was a truck driver , I still have a class A . I know what its like . Its cool if you like driving and being on the road but Keep in mind you get paid by the mile , depends on what company that you work for and if you rent your truck from them and so on . Truck rental from that company could cost 500 a week plus the insurance could be the same or more . . You get the right job you can make a ton of money . The real money is in hauling sand (fracking sand ) or anything in the oil business . These videos talking about 1000 a week , hell you can make 20k a month hauling that sand and I mean much more than that too . I know of one company that paid you everytime you moved your truck , you could make over a grand in a day , take a load of sand 30 miles away maybe 400 bucks , come back and take another load 400 bucks . come back take another load another 400 . The oil companies dont give a damn how much you make as long as you are there .

I heard that sand is where it's at

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
is it a hazmat thing?

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Have to work out the kinks in this autonomous thing..... Have to remember this is not a car (Tesla) crashing this is a missile. They not gonna take chances with this. It will happen though, its going to go the way of the mall and newspaper eventually. The future is actually scary for our kids. There will be entire sectors gone.... Something new will come about but wont take as many people to do.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This here. Truck Drivers,Longshoremen, and Realtors are on the clock. 5-10 years they are done.

Fam Im in middle of buying now and the technology is crazy. You really do not need a realtor..... Im shocked at the process now. I bought like 10 years ago and its night and day.

The last 3 years Ive been able to save and invest. If I was 10 years younger and didn't have a path Id be SHOOK if I was in some of these industries. I came out of education and its safe for now, but it is close to abuse in the public schools and in private schools will be easier mentally but will making barely above poverty line.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not watching them videos lol

I'm a truck driver been one since 07

I'm a local intermodal driver

I'm a lazy worker tho which means on Friday i only work 6-8 hrs I use to work 11-13 hrs per day but i only been working 8-9 hrs for the last 5 yrs since i had my daughter. Im pulling in $1300 if i was motivated i would easily avg $1500-1800 per wk

No union, activity based job, ok benefits, 401k match, and check never been late, by this time next yr I'm buying my own tractor tho was trying to wait until my daughter turn 10 but it's bout that time.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
In the mid to late 90s I almost got into truck driving until a telecom job came up and the rest was history. I feel a little bit old talking about the 90s but nevertheless