TV Discussion: David Oyelowo to Star in Bass Reeves Series w/ Dennis Quaid on Paramount+

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
yoo i got a question am i the only getting pissed watching this show?
i can feel the pain and times weree u can just get killed by ur color.
mofo texas ranger talking about the way he killed the old man
what about the old man teaching his sons to kill black people?

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I been a fan of Reeves for long time read books etc...

That man was one of many deliberately forgotten Anerican heroes actually a legend and protype.

So because of historical records etc I kinda KNEW what he looked like and David to ME PERSONALLY doesn't fit.

Denzel was able to do it with Malcolm. Jaime with Ray individuals at first you would think couldn't emulate not IMITATE someone

So far I don't believe the physically imposing Bass Reeves. The lone ranger. The great detective.

Bass was like batman, lone ranger, green hornet, the Saint all mixed together

Again I'm a fan of David he doing a great job, it just isn't Bass Reeves to me.

But it's a great black Marshall show.
100% Spot on take :clap:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ok I'm all caught up...

This was REAL GOOD

Not perfect nothing is I got sone gripes but I have RARELY seen a show cast so perfectly and I mean actors with one scene, one line, no lines... EVERYONE PERFECT.

but Taylor seems to be able to get anyone and everyone he wants to come play.

Some episodes meandered a little some storyline didn't develop well but overall I'm happy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I already made my thoughts on David playing Bass clear. Watching the entire series? I still feel the same way. The lack of physicality took away from some of the dynamics and tension of certain scenes.

But everything was so damn well done I don't know what to say. David wasn't bad in any scene. He carried this whole thing and made sure to let his Co stars eat.

I'm not in love with it.

But I'm never missing an episode.

keone

International Member
Ok I'm all caught up...

This was REAL GOOD

Not perfect nothing is I got sone gripes but I have RARELY seen a show cast so perfectly and I mean actors with one scene, one line, no lines... EVERYONE PERFECT.

but Taylor seems to be able to get anyone and everyone he wants to come play.

Some episodes meandered a little some storyline didn't develop well but overall I'm happy.
i dont wanna hear that shit did u feel the pain or not negro
shit got me pissed off

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i dont wanna hear that shit did u feel the pain or not negro
shit got me pissed off

The entire series

I just said every aspect of this was well done. Costume cinematography set design sound music editing all of it

The wife? The daughter? Should get nominations.

That brother telling the Mr. Sundown story? Award worthy.

Bass suddenly realizing how the law isn't fair just and equal no matter how much he tries.

The very first episode with the card game for freedom.

Yeah it was well done.

I wanted the carnival story and the rest of Mr. Sundown, and that final scene of Bass and the judge talking in his chamber to a little more MORE in that moment.

But overall it resonated. And that is not an easy feat by any means.

We NEED more shows like this.

Last edited:

keone

International Member
The entire series

I just said every aspect of this was well done. Costume cinematography set design sound music editing all of it

The wife? The daughter? Should get nominations.

That brother telling the Mr. Sundown story? Award worthy.

Bass suddenly realizing how the law isn't fair just and equal no matter how much he tries.

The very first episode with the card game for freedom.

Yeah it was well done.

I wanted the carnival story and the rest of Mr. Sundown, and that final scene of Bass and the judge talking in his chamber to a little more MORE in that moment.

But overall it resonated. And that is not an easy fear by any means.

We NEED more shows like this.
:yes:

i agree
lol u know me im crazy

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Lawman: Bass Reeves
Episodes 6 - 8

Watched these last night.

Reconstruction was brought up and it was stated it was coming to a end.

That cat Edwin Jones brought up some good points for what was going on and what Black folks should be doing during that time period, but unfortunately Black folks couldn’t look ahead at the time to see what was happening. Definitely a lost opportunity that we are paying for today.

Having a little white girl come knocking at door in the middle of the day unexpectedly….as a Black person you should automatically know trouble is coming.

Bass’ reaction to seeing fossilized dinosaur prints and the T-Rex skull was funny.

Got a flashback with Jennie when she was a slave. Jenny confronting her former slave master wife was a wake up call letting her know shit is getting ready to go downhill.

Esau making full use of the 13th Amendment for his own financial benefit was made clear.

Good to see Bass release those Brotha’s and let them go restart their lives to end the series.

Next season is supposed to be a different lawman from the era, looking forward to it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lawman: Bass Reeves
Episodes 6 - 8

Watched these last night.

Reconstruction was brought up and it was stated it was coming to a end.

That cat Edwin Jones brought up some good points for what was going on and what Black folks should be doing during that time period, but unfortunately Black folks couldn’t look ahead at the time to see what was happening. Definitely a lost opportunity that we are paying for today.

Having a little white girl come knocking at door in the middle of the day unexpectedly….as a Black person you should automatically know trouble is coming.

Bass’ reaction to seeing fossilized dinosaur prints and the T-Rex skull was funny.

Got a flashback with Jennie when she was a slave. Jenny confronting her former slave master wife was a wake up call letting her know shit is getting ready to go downhill.

Esau making full use of the 13th Amendment for his own financial benefit was made clear.

Good to see Bass release those Brotha’s and let them go restart their lives to end the series.

Next season is supposed to be a different lawman from the era, looking forward to it.

:eek2:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend